Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Yet we are apparently a selling club who don't sell players :dontknow:

We're a break-even club aren't we?

Not sure, I keep getting told we only buy players on the cheap to sell for a profit. We don't seem very good at it.

I don't believe the remit is: "sign players that we can actively look to sell for thrice as much in the future."

However: "sign players that might sell for thrice as much in the future," is probably in the remit somewhere.

its in most clubs remit somewhere

Buy players who won't demand "sovereign state wages" and who won't decrease in value is probably closer to the mark.

Agreed, and it's not un-sensible.

However, when you combine that particular policy with all of the other frugalities - and wrap it all up in the overwhelming lack of ambition from those at the top - it limits our scope for signing new players, and we end up with summers like this and the last one.

@GFN_France: Confirmed: Hatem Ben Arfa was in contact with several clubs this summer but no offer was deemed acceptable by Newcastle United. #NUFC #LFC

@GFN_France: Hatem Ben Arfa confirmed this on Canal + today. #LastTweet

:scared:

I wonder if that's where the Thauvin link came from. Spend the HBA money on him?

Not sure, I keep getting told we only buy players on the cheap to sell for a profit. We don't seem very good at it.

Isn't that virtually what the club said when talking about our transfer policy?

They did but didn't factor in a useless manager making them virtually worthless.

If we had a good manager and we were in the top 8-10 last season we'd be more likely to have sold last summer.

They did but didn't factor in a useless manager making them virtually worthless.

If we had a good manager and we were in the top 8-10 last season we'd be more likely to have sold last summer.

If we had finished in the top 8-10 and the players all looked great wouldn't we want even more?

If we had finished in the top 8-10 and the players all looked great wouldn't we want even more?

We'd have had higher bids in the first place which might have been acceptable as they were.

Guest hatem garrincha

What did Mirallas Said ?

I don't understand the hype about this player in England but he was shit year after year in France.

Really poor again - not sure what's happened to the lad.

It really is as simple as that he's playing under a manager who cannot get the consistent best out of him beyond Ben Arfa choosing to cut inside and shoot.

I was shaking my head in disbelief at the weekend when I listened to 606 and the presenters said it was "baffling" that the players who'd walked the title now looked so poor under a different manager, when to me that's not baffling in the slightest, in fact I'd only have been baffled if that hadn't happened.

The manager is by far and away the most important person at any football club. Everything the team does, from movement to mentality, comes from that one man and we've got a League 1/League 2 standard manager in charge of Premier League players. People can have a pop at the players all you like but put Pardew into any of the other 19 clubs in the division and in three years time, I'll show you what you watched tonight.

He played on the left, with two or three defenders against him.

I dont know what Pardew was expecting from him and from the team in the first half, Remy was too lonely, Tiote Sissoko and Anita were unable to create something.

Newcastle with and without Cabaye is not the same team. It's not surprising that the team was better in second half.

Looks like to me that Pardew made him pay for the poor first half of the team, I hope he won't take it too badly but I'm not sure.