Hatem Ben Arfa

Rich

Everytime he tried to control the ball it bounced off him.  He had zero impact and had a terrible game.

In saying that, I'm still blaming Pardew more.  What clueless dickhead puts a creative player who thrives cutting in from the right in a 4-4-3, left wing in a 4-4-2.  Absolute joke.

Did you watch the game? this is flat out not true. He lost it once or twice but more times than he lost it he got round the outside of Coleman and the one time he switched with Sissoko to go central he beat his man and had a decent shot.

Pardew taking him off could be a number of things: he got mouthy at halftime and questioned tactics?, he was injured?, or pardew was annoyed with his selfishness and/or lack of work ethic. He was the only player trying to make something happen for us in that first half.

The fact it's been 2 years running now that Pardew has refused to play him in his usual position because he's scared of Baines really annoys me. For 1, once baines was on a yellow card Ben Arfa should have been switched immediately to try and get him sent off by taking him on. Secondly if he was so scared of what Baines would do going forward surely him having Ben Arfa behind him would have meant he couldn't attack as much anyway.

It's amazing how different Pardew views things though, he's far more concerned with attempting to stop other players, rather than letting the opposition worry about us, which would actually help stop opponents, as you said with regards to Baines and Ben Arfa. It honestly baffles me how somebody can be so negative all the time despite seeing very little in terms of positive results.

Everytime he tried to control the ball it bounced off him.  He had zero impact and had a terrible game.

In saying that, I'm still blaming Pardew more.  What clueless dickhead puts a creative player who thrives cutting in from the right in a 4-4-3, left wing in a 4-4-2.  Absolute joke.

Did you watch the game? this is flat out not true. He lost it once or twice but more times than he lost it he got round the outside of Coleman and the one time he switched with Sissoko to go central he beat his man and had a decent shot.

Pardew taking him off could be a number of things: he got mouthy at halftime and questioned tactics?, he was injured?, or pardew was annoyed with his selfishness and/or lack of work ethic. He was the only player trying to make something happen for us in that first half.

The fact it's been 2 years running now that Pardew has refused to play him in his usual position because he's scared of Baines really annoys me. For 1, once baines was on a yellow card Ben Arfa should have been switched immediately to try and get him sent off by taking him on. Secondly if he was so scared of what Baines would do going forward surely him having Ben Arfa behind him would have meant he couldn't attack as much anyway.

It's amazing how different Pardew views things though, he's far more concerned with attempting to stop other players, rather than letting the opposition worry about us, which would actually help stop opponents, as you said with regards to Baines and Ben Arfa. It honestly baffles me how somebody can be so negative all the time despite seeing very little in terms of positive results.

Well, tbf, good players do both. Our lot are not doing either at the moment which is a real problem.

Guest hatem garrincha

"We improved when he came off"

We improved because the midfield improved, was present for the second balls, win the duels and Cabaye knowing what to do with the ball.

All things that were dramatically absent in the first half

We're talking about the back four, but the midfield was really shit in the first half.

If Mapou went long for Remy for their second goal, the 3 in the midfield catched themselves somewhere on the pitch.

Not Ben Arfa fault at all.

Ben Arfa on his day is easily our most talented player. But last two games he's looked totally disinterested from the very start of the game. His body language suggests he'd rather be anywhere else and his defensive attempts (an obvious reason as to why Pardew started him on the opposite side to Baines) have been nigh on pathetic. He should have taken him off at half-time against Hull. At Everton he may have started on the 'wrong side' but he's more than good enough to be able to put in a decent shift there. One shot aside he did nothing.

Saying that the biggest problems were getting the ball from defence to midfield, and the entire midfield going missing everytime Everton had the ball. Lots of things went horrendously first half and the changes that Pardew made improved us. But he started us in a setup that clearly didn't work.

Has played well on the left before and should be able to again. Obviously Pardew SUCKS ALL DA QUALITY FROM OUR PLAYERS but Ben Arfa had one of his off days tonight.

Things improved when he came off. I say this as a Hatem fanboy.

Aye, not too many complaints before the game. The fact we improved dramatically after he went off should show enough. Far too greedy with the ball last night, and his only passes were touches back to the player he'd received the ball from. Coleman had him in his pocket, and ghosted by him a good couple of times, for good measure.

Except everyone that said it better be Hatem right, Gouffran centre and Remy left, I assume? Then when it clearly wasn't working for any of them, why didn't we change things around? Remy scored twice from the left a week ago, Ben Arfa has consistently been our best player cutting in from the right and Gouffran has shown to be dangerous when played through the middle.

Like I said during the game yesterday, I know who I would have preferred to have on the right hand side when we're chasing a goal or two, and it isn't Sissoko.

Guest hatem garrincha

Each time he makes comments about his dream of ballon d'or, in fact each time his agent organise for him meeting (media plan) with the press (he was everywhere in the french press and Tv, from the game at Villa to 5 mins before Everton yesterday)  he's s**** the 4 games after.

So shut the fuck up Hatem and just play football.

Guest hatem garrincha

Some extracts of his interview for infosport+ showed before the game :

"Maybe I'll never leave Newcastle. There's everything to succed here : big club, stadium full of fans, big fans" etc.

"I have to return back to the club and fans what they gave me. Even in difficults moments - and there were - they always showed their support"

"Fans like me" ( :lol:)

"The staff gave me responsabilities and I like that"

"If we're injury free, we can easily reach top 8 this season"

I honestly don't think he was that bad yesterday. Against Hull he was terrible and I slagged him off for it. But despite his no show defensively he was atleast trying when he got the ball last night and showed good pace. Still looked disgruntled, maybe because he'd been shunted to the left or maybe he's having personal issues. Who knows.

Guest hatem garrincha

I honestly don't think he was that bad yesterday. Against Hull he was terrible and I slagged him off for it. But despite his no show defensively he was atleast trying when he got the ball last night and showed good pace. Still looked disgruntled, maybe because he'd been shunted to the left or maybe he's having personal issues. Who knows.

He had all the reasons to be good yesterday, Deschamps giving his squad thursday...

So motivation should have been there.

He can forget now the french team and concentrate to his club.

Big fans, he taking the p*ss or what? :lol:

great fans, sorry  :lol:

:lol: I just figured he'd seen that fat lump who loves taking his shirt off all the time.

Ben Arfa looking in the mirror? :) seriously though even though he still has speed he's still looking top heavy and seemed to be blowing after about 10mins

Agree.

"We improved when he came off"

We improved because the midfield improved, was present for the second balls, win the duels and Cabaye knowing what to do with the ball.

All things that were dramatically absent in the first half

We're talking about the back four, but the midfield was really s*** in the first half.

If Mapou went long for Remy for their second goal, the 3 in the midfield catched themselves somewhere on the pitch.

Not Ben Arfa fault at all.

we only improved second half because Everton had finished their job after 30 minutes.

Guest hatem garrincha

http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/tcbx-vzllu-i-pyshzb77a/Show/Team-Focus-Newcastles-Reliance-on-Hatem-Ben-Arfa#.Ukuv9DPAnVs.twitter

Team Focus: Newcastle's Reliance on Hatem Ben Arfa

by Jonathan Wilson at Tuesday, Oct 1 2013 16:54

As Alan Pardew reflected even before Newcastle United’s defeat to Everton on Monday, this has already been a very strange season for the club. They were excellent in beating Aston Villa and, had they beaten Hull City a week ago on Saturday, they would have gone third in the table. As it is, they lost both games 3-2 and stand just two places above the relegation zone – for all that matters at this stage of the season.

Which is the true Newcastle? The one that picked off Villa, or the one that shipped goals so readily against Manchester City? Pardew described the inconsistency as “disturbing” and that is certainly true of the defence. In the first half against Everton, as against City and at times against Hull, they were dismal at the back. Romelu Lukaku’s second goal in particular was the result of defensive play that would have shamed a Sunday league pub side. Yet they kept clean sheets against Fulham and West Ham and looked solid enough against Villa.

There has been consistency at the other end of the pitch, although it is hardly likely to be of cheer to Pardew. Essentially, if Hatem Ben Arfa plays well, Newcastle have a chance; if not, they are woefully lacking in creativity. Against Everton, he managed a WhoScored rating of just 5.8 before being taken off at half-time. As Newcastle showed with their slightly freakish second-half fightback, if the French winger isn’t playing well, you’re better off not having him on the pitch.

The game at Goodison was Ben Arfa’s 41st start for Newcastle since joining in 2011. Newcastle have won none of the games in which he produced his 13 weakest performances according to WhoScored’s ratings, losing 9. Up to a point that’s natural, of course: players play worse when their team loses.

Nonetheless, the correlation between Ben Arfa’s performances and Newcastle’s results is striking. On five occasions, Ben Arfa has registered a WhoScored rating of 8 or above. Newcastle have won 4 of those, registering 9 goals of which Ben Arfa scored 4 and got the assists for 2. The good news for Ben Arfa is that two of those games came this season - against Fulham when he scored the only goal and was responsible for 3 key passes, and against Villa when he scored the opener and hit the shot from which Yoan Gouffran scored the winner.

The bad news for Newcastle is that - until the second half against Everton – they have needed Ben Arfa on the pitch to offer even a glimmer of creativity. His dribbling is hugely important to Newcastle – as it has been since he arrived. No player to have played in each of the last three Premier League seasons has completed more dribbles per game than his 2.93. This season, he is averaging 3.3 per game – fourth in the Premier League behind Andros Townsend, Ross Barclay and Mousa Dembélé. Moussa Sissoko is not far behind, with 3.2, but after that the next highest is Loic Remy with 1.3 per game.

Dribbling is not essential to attacking play, but given Newcastle’s functional style, it is vital to them in providing a dash of unpredictability. Yet that style seems to be changing. Last season, no side hit more long balls per game than Newcastle – 69; this season they average just 53, the second fewest in the league. Even allowing for Pardew’s claim that Newcastle are trying to take the initiative more in games, trying to be more attacking, the change seems remarkable.

It might, though, explain both Newcastle’s inconsistency and why Ben Arfa has produced two of his best performances for the club already this season. Useful as his pace and trickery are in developing knockdowns and loose balls, not just in terms of what he creates but also the space he makes and the free-kicks he wins – he has been fouled 7 times this season – but his natural game suits a slower, more patient approach.

The question for Newcastle now is twofold. Firstly, is their defence good enough to cope with the more thoughtful style? And secondly, can Gouffran and Sissoko become effective enough that Newcastle are not constantly reliant for creativity on Ben Arfa, becoming predictable given the regularity with which they look to him for unpredictability?

Guest hatem garrincha
Hatem Ben Arfa was hauled off by Pardew at the break after allowing Everton plenty of room down his flank

Davide Santon, who hardly had the game of his life, was left unprotected and while many fans don’t rate Jonas Gutierrez, it is his effective shielding in front of the full-back that earns him his place in the eyes of the management.

:lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-cant-afford-bottle-6123641

Guest bimpy474

Set up to contain a team with a player like Ben Arfa and wonder why it didn't work, i give Pardew his dues, he is one thick fucker like.

This is absolutely f*cking bollocks.

First of all he's never played well on the left outside of his debut which was obviously a fluke.

So we are going to now drop a player because he performed poorly out of position?

What's more the media are not even questioning this utter bullshit no they are doing the exact opposite.... they are not only defending it but making up bullshit excuses why its a correct move.

F*cking sick of the clowns running the show at the moment.

Guest icemanblue

This is absolutely f*cking bollocks.

First of all he's never played well on the left outside if his debut which was obviously a fluke.

So we are going to now drop a player because he performed poorly out of position?

What's more the media are not even questioning this utter bullshit no they are doing the exact opposite.... they are not only defending it but making up bullshit excuses why its a correct move.

F*cking sick of the clowns running the show at the moment.

Any of this actually come from someone at the club, like?