Dalglish and Liverpool should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Absolutely need some action, they're making football a much much uglier place, the Premier league has done so well to combat Racism, though probably too optimistic to think it had ever gone. Not sure about a points reduction, severe fines at least though.

since dalglish left here i've often defended his time here, i can understand and have defended the way he is with the media, so when i say that he is coming over as the worst sort of twat over this no one can say it has anything to do with bitterness over his time here.

Guest neesy111

They have quite a few questions which need to be answered, but they've brought the whole game into disrepute and are damaging the work done for 1000's of people to try and eradicate racism from football and the full force of the FA should be used.  They've been very lucky that parliament have been on one of their many weeks of holiday they get as I'm sure there would have been a debate on the matter.

Liverpool seem to have used an even worse PR company than NUFC/Ashley which is quite frankly amazing.

Can't wait to see how many racist fans Chelsea has too.

worse than our lot when we had a bad reputaion years ago. as the black/coloured (delete as appropriate) players who played up here will tell you, they were supported. tony cunningham, howard gayle et al....not so at chelsea where some of that lot wouldn't include goals if scored by a non white.

times have changed for the better, we mustn't let it slip back!

Don't think you can hold the players responsible personally, how do you think it would have gone down if one or some of them had refused to wear the shirt, they'd probably be finished at that club. That's what would have happened, and there'd almost certainly have been no comeback for either the club or Dalglish, but could you imagine something similar happening in any other workplace, they'd be up in court for unfair dismissal or whatever, and rightly so. There's far too many aspects of football that simply don't match up with the real world and this is one of them, Dalglish and the club need to be brought to book for what they've done, as they have clearly brought the game into disrepute.

Don't think you can hold the players responsible personally, how do you think it would have gone down if one or some of them had refused to wear the shirt, they'd probably be finished at that club. That's what would have happened, and there'd almost certainly have been no comeback for either the club or Dalglish, but could you imagine something similar happening in any other workplace, they'd be up in court for unfair dismissal or whatever, and rightly so. There's far too many aspects of football that simply don't match up with the real world and this is one of them, Dalglish and the club need to be brought to book for what they've done, as they have clearly brought the game into disrepute.

on the other hand, if one stood up and said no, i'd doubt he'd be the only one.

The one to be blame here is KD. He asked the players or at the very least did not prevent the players from doing the despicable act and then came out defending the action when interviewed. Players were just following orders higher up and given the general IQ of footballers these days, asking one to stand up and say no is already too much to ask

Agreed there, players shouldn't individually get punished but as a group. Seeing as they and Dalglish were involved the FA should have all it needs to impose a sporting penalty on the club by docking points.

John Barnes blasts Luis Suarez 'witch hunt'

Former Liverpool and England footballer John Barnes has attacked a "witch hunt" against Luis Suarez after he was banned for racially abusing another player.

The Liverpool striker was banned by the FA for eight games for using "insulting words" in reference to Manchester United defender Patrice Evra's colour.

Barnes defended Suarez, saying: "As much as we will say ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse."

He said that "cultural differences have to be taken into consideration".

'Zero tolerance'

Barnes, who played for Liverpool from 1987 to 1997, endured racial abuse throughout his playing career.

Speaking on BBC Radio Merseyside, he said: "From a cultural point of view, [suarez] has been backed by people from Uruguay saying the word he used is not deemed as a racist term."

He continued: "As much as we will say that ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse."

"Twenty years ago in England, the same people in England now condemning him were ignorant as to what racism is. Why don't they condemn themselves?"

Barnes, who received 79 England caps, continued: "When Manchester United play Liverpool and 10,000 United fans are saying 'you Scouse thieves', I'd like them all to be banned."

"And Liverpool fans too, when they say 'you Manc or whatever'. So where are we going to draw the line? Racism has to be zero tolerance but this is now a witch hunt."

Suarez intends to appeal against the ruling, which stemmed from allegations made following a Premier League match between Liverpool and Manchester United on 15 October.

Barnes said: "By admitting [what he said], he obviously didn't feel that what he said was that significant.

"Because he could easily have gotten away with it by saying 'I never said a word'."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16309990

Barnes is such an idiot, he contradicts himself a two or three times in the one statement, also he blatantly wouldn't be saying this if it was a player from a different club.

Barnes is such an idiot, he contradicts himself a two or three times in the one statement, also he blatantly wouldn't be saying this if it was a player from a different club.

He should know better than to come out with that shit, hypocritical bastard.

R

John Barnes blasts Luis Suarez 'witch hunt'

Former Liverpool and England footballer John Barnes has attacked a "witch hunt" against Luis Suarez after he was banned for racially abusing another player.

The Liverpool striker was banned by the FA for eight games for using "insulting words" in reference to Manchester United defender Patrice Evra's colour.

Barnes defended Suarez, saying: "As much as we will say ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse."

He said that "cultural differences have to be taken into consideration".

'Zero tolerance'

Barnes, who played for Liverpool from 1987 to 1997, endured racial abuse throughout his playing career.

Speaking on BBC Radio Merseyside, he said: "From a cultural point of view, [suarez] has been backed by people from Uruguay saying the word he used is not deemed as a racist term."

He continued: "As much as we will say that ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse."

"Twenty years ago in England, the same people in England now condemning him were ignorant as to what racism is. Why don't they condemn themselves?"

Barnes, who received 79 England caps, continued: "When Manchester United play Liverpool and 10,000 United fans are saying 'you Scouse thieves', I'd like them all to be banned."

"And Liverpool fans too, when they say 'you Manc or whatever'. So where are we going to draw the line? Racism has to be zero tolerance but this is now a witch hunt."

Suarez intends to appeal against the ruling, which stemmed from allegations made following a Premier League match between Liverpool and Manchester United on 15 October.

Barnes said: "By admitting [what he said], he obviously didn't feel that what he said was that significant.

"Because he could easily have gotten away with it by saying 'I never said a word'."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-16309990

Right so zero tolerance but when a player admits to saying racist words, it becomes a witch hunt. What a fool, shame on him to put his former club above racism especially from a colored player! Boils my blood

He should know better than to come out with that s***, hypocritical b******.

totally going back on what he used to say....and as someone said before, he wouldnt be saying it if it wasn't liverpool.

John Aldridge's interview was even worse. Never once accepted/acknowledged that Suarez was 100% in the wrong and the whole interview was about "how tough it was going to be" for Luis in the coming months. Spun it so Suarez was the victim and it was the rest of the world who had it in for him, poor Luis, how's he going to cope?

Nice to see that LFC have ostracised themselves completely and the whole of the football community and society in general with their behaviour. Utter, utter scum from top to bottom. 

John Aldridge's interview was even worse. Never once accepted/acknowledged that Suarez was 100% in the wrong and the whole interview was about "how tough it was going to be" for Luis in the coming months. Spun it so Suarez was the victim and it was the rest of the world who had it in for him, poor Luis, how's he going to cope?

Nice to see that LFC have ostracised themselves completely and the whole of the football community and society in general with their behaviour. Utter, utter scum from top to bottom. 

To be honest its KD who has been building this siege mentality of the world against us. There's a way to support your player's right to appeal without showing your complete disrespect to the anti racism campaign and being an outright cunt. FA should come down hard on KD for creating all this nonsense, its the manager who calls the shot and he should know better.

I don't get how so many seemingly intelligent people are getting this so wrong.

"Ah sorry ref, where I'm from elbowing someone in the face means 'Good job fellow professional'"

Don't quite understand the point you're trying to make JH. Which part are intelligent people getting wrong?

"Ah sorry ref, where I'm from elbowing someone in the face means 'Good job fellow professional'"

Don't quite understand the point you're trying to make JH. Which part are intelligent people getting wrong?

People like Dalglish and Aldridge seemingly supporting racist behaviour by painting Suarez as the victim in all of this and peddling shit excuses like "It was simply a miscommunication" or "His grandad is black".

These people are supposed to have brain cells. Yet it appears they've lost the plot.

People like Dalglish and Aldridge seemingly supporting racist behaviour by painting Suarez as the victim in all of this and peddling s*** excuses like "It was simply a miscommunication" or "His grandad is black".

These people are supposed to have brain cells. Yet it appears they've lost the plot.

Cheers, this cultural difference defense is bullshit because every racist word in one part of the world could be argued to be 'normal' in another part of the world. For racist words, what matters is what the society in the place/country that you're working in thinks of the word not some bloke from some far flung place in another continent.

As for KD and Aldridge, they do have brain cells and deep down, I'm sure they know that what Suarez did was wrong. They are just unwilling to put club bias secondary to social norms, completely void of leadership. This is what differentiates a true knight, football gentleman and a respectable public figure like SBR and wannabes like KD and even Fergie...etc. SBR would have stood out against racism even if it was perpetrated by his own player. 

Definitely.

I'm sure he's done some work with Show Racism The Red Card as well.

People like Dalglish and Aldridge seemingly supporting racist behaviour by painting Suarez as the victim in all of this and peddling shit excuses like "It was simply a miscommunication" or "His grandad is black".

They're all in denial.

Anger-Denial-Acceptance.

Guest neesy111

Barnes says their is racism in football management, when forgetting the reason why he isn't jobs in football is to do with how shite he is a manager.  Two-faced fat twat.