Bolton 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 26/12/11 - post-match reaction from page 33

Dave

This 4-4-2 is so done with. Bolton are bloody horrendous and we're playing at the level. I don't think we'll have a better opportunity to win away from home all season, but we won't at this rate. We're absolutely bloody hopeless down the flanks but the only bit of play through the middle comes from long-balls. Which, obviously, don't do anything for us.

Ridiculous what has happened to the way we're playing. I can forgive a couple of rubbish results knocking the stuffing out of us, but it's not even simply a confidence thing. We're playing a different sort of football - hoofball. We weren't doing that (to this extent) earlier in the season.

Sort it out, Pards. We absolutely should win this game.

why isnt HBA starting?

Because he's a disruptive, unpopular (with his teammates) little shit who has point blank refused to play on the wings to Pardew's face, hence why Pardew has benched him. I know this because a cabbie told me the other day.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

This is bad. Like I said leon best is crap he had is purple patch but he's back to being shit now. Hopefully he proves me wrong second half doubt he will though biut we'll have to wait and see. I'll be pissed off if Slug Ameobi comes on instead of Ben Arfa.

pards notebook,  "play more long balls"

talk about one dimensional,  it will probably take another 5 games on the losing streak for pardew to understand that his same tactics week after week arent working.

wonder if pardew know any other formation other than one that has to have a four man in midfield. 

i think have had enough of his 4-4-2 blast it up towards two big men, if that dont work bring on more tall players.  blast,  tell colo to blast it upfield every chance he gets so Best can get caught offside,

makings of a genius here,  master tactician alan pardew.

why isnt HBA starting?

1. He's not Pardew's man.

2. Pardew is seeing something others can't.

1. Nor was Best so that argument does not rub

2. Correct - Best and Obertan and shit.

Inferiority complex, can't stand letting players better than he ever was doing well.

Direct football vs the Bolton defence seems silly, the should be able to handle that all day.

Aye, you need to try and pass a struggling team off the park. Too much heading practice for Knight and Cahill.

Then again we're a struggling team ourselves at the moment.

How many times does Obertan lose posession for the team. How amazing would it be to have a right winger that can retain posession and take the right option when on the ball.

lets be fair, we donbt really have one of those,  marveax maybe?  but injured,  i cant think of anyone in that discription in our squad right now.