Zambia win 2012 African Cup of Nations

TRC

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Tim Caple (Eurosport Commentator) seems alreet to follow on twitter. He actually tweets people after the games.

Disgusting in what way?

Us going out after drawing 0-0 with Iraq, which we should have beaten, after they defended and time-wasted the fuck out of us for 120 minutes.

Forgive me if I didn't find them that endearing. I hold national team grudges for 10 years minimum.

Team    pl  Gd  Pts

Zambia 1    +1  3

Guinea. 1.    +1. 3

Libya    1.    -1  3

Senagel 1      -1.  3

Good reading so far. :thup:

Not for me. I bet on them to win the cup.

Disgusting in what way?

Us going out after drawing 0-0 with Iraq, which we should have beaten, after they defended and time-wasted the fuck out of us for 120 minutes.

Forgive me if I didn't find them that endearing. I hold national team grudges for 10 years minimum.

Wiki says you drew 0-0 in the quarters too. No goals in two knockout matches sounds like you only had yourselves to blame for going out.

Disgusting in what way?

Wiki says you drew 0-0 in the quarters too. No goals in two knockout matches sounds like you only had yourselves to blame for going out.

Actually blame my team for playing badly?

Fuck that sensibility, I'm a football fan. It's all their fault :angry:

Be class if Libya won the thing. What a boost to the nation that'd be.

Yeah, Libya are the only country in the tournament with a destabilising political situation. Them winning would be a positive boost for all of Africa.

Brutal sarcasm :lol:

Be class if Libya won the thing. What a boost to the nation that'd be.

Yeah, Libya are the only country in the tournament with a destabilising political situation. Them winning would be a positive boost for all of Africa.

:serious:

Guest MrSundlofer

Interesting games today.

Ivory Coast vs Sudan. Ivory Coast must win this. No doubt. And they will.

Burkina Faso vs Angola. Two good teams. I predict a 2-2 draw. Our transfer target Alain Traoré, from Auxerre plays for Burkina Faso, so does Kaboré from Marseille and speedy Pitroipa from Rennes.

And interesting that Burkina Faso has a player from the Chelsea academy, only 16 years old - Bertrand Traore.

Nice of the son of the equatorial guinea president to give the team £1m. Good use of resources.

with 70% of the population living under the United Nations Poverty Threshold of $2/day

Nice of the son of the equatorial guinea president to give the team £1m. Good use of resources.

with 70% of the population living under the United Nations Poverty Threshold of $2/day

Especially when most of the team are Spanish.

The US and UK have probably spent about 0.5 trillion pounds between themselves blowing up an Asian country with little relevance to the world stage. This is hardly the most egregious waste of resources. Though it is quite shameful that they have a GDP per capita ten times that of a nation like Nigeria, but relatively similar lives for the citizens.

Interesting games today.

Ivory Coast vs Sudan. Ivory Coast must win this. No doubt. And they will.

Burkina Faso vs Angola. Two good teams. I predict a 2-2 draw. Our transfer target Alain Traoré, from Auxerre plays for Burkina Faso, so does Kaboré from Marseille and speedy Pitroipa from Rennes.

And interesting that Burkina Faso has a player from the Chelsea academy, only 16 years old - Bertrand Traore.

There is always doubt in African football. Sudan are a serious team and they fought to a draw in Ghana during qualifying. There only loss was the reverse fixture. I cannot believe that someone  born five years after me is an international footballer, btw. Depressing.

Is this camera angle for real? :lol:

Edit* Where the f*** are they filming from? The camera looks like it's higher than the actual stadium. African football is nuts.

The commentator just mentioned the pictures may be coming from the helicopter above the ground. Unreal.