Zambia win 2012 African Cup of Nations

TRC

Gutted for Cheick obviously but Zambia deserved it. At the end of the day the team that came into the competition most prepared won the trophy, they were also very unlucky to go out on pens against Nigeria the last time out. The Ivorians didn't even know who was supposed to take the next penalty after the fifth attempt...they just improvised from there on. Big difference in the quality of spot kicks and confidence during the shootout between the two teams as well.

is that trophy plastic

They seem happy with it :D http://ukzambians.co.uk/home/wp-content/themes/transcript1.6/timthumb.php?src=http://ukzambians.co.uk/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/418769_10150597192786380_782616379_8768981_591606275_n.jpg&q=90&w=629&zc=1

while feeling bad for Tiote its hard not to be pleased that Zambia won it

Agreed. Zambia is a wonderful country, having spent some time there in the summer. Friendly people too - will be great for them and for Zambian football in general.

I was worried if CIV did win it Tiote would've been doing endless rounds of hand pumping in front of the cameras with all the politicians, etc.

I guess this way he'll be home quicker.

Got to say, on the whole, both teams technique at penalties was great. Sooooooooooooo much better than the English. Very impressed!

I was worried if CIV did win it Tiote would've been doing endless rounds of hand pumping in front of the cameras with all the politicians, etc.

Got to say, on the whole, both teams technique at penalties was great. Sooooooooooooo much better than the English. Very impressed!

Not really, the keepers were awful. It was like taking pens against someone with broken legs.

Not really, the keepers were awful. It was like taking pens against someone with broken legs.

Ahh come on! So many of them hit the side netting!

Ahh come on! So many of them hit the side netting!

Aye but they went through the middle area across the line then in to the side. World class keeper would have saved half of them, and usually we get knocked out when we face one. Only keeper who could have done worse would be Given.

One thing most of them had spot on, well the firs 14, I'd say 11-12 of them had short run ups, which makes a massive difference, keepers find it harder to judge. The long run up takers missed theirs.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Zambia coach Herve Renard has turned down an offer of $100,000 monthly salary from Saudi Arabia to remain Zambia coach.