The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest neesy111

Anyone else feel AVB was over-hyped and the wrong man? should of stuck with Carlo.

This has been on the cards for 2-3 years for Chelsea.  Just like what happened with Milan 2007-2010.

I see that an Italian team has beat another English side with relative ease. Though Chelsea do have an away goal so they're still somewhat in this tie (unlikely though judging from the comments in this thread about Chelsea's shitness).

(Did not watch the game btw).

Anyone else feel AVB was over-hyped and the wrong man? should of stuck with Carlo.

I would've stuck with Ancelotti, but it was always going to take a season or two with AVB.

Without a doubt AVB was always going to need more than one season due the squad left over, agree with that. I can't help but feel though that his lack of respect and command from the players he has maybe be the cause of them finishing less than 4th this season (if that happens), rightly or wrongly. Guess there is still time to be proved wrong, and I do like the guy so hope in some way that he gets the time to build something and show off the talent he supposedly has.

Guest firetotheworks

Chelsea were 14/1 to win at half time. They really should have, not least because they'd have won me 55 squid. Useless fucking o.a.ps.

Guest firetotheworks

Italy 7 - 1 England

Ouch.

Just goes to how quickly things change. A few years ago we had 2 teams in the CL final and Serie A was in turmoil. Serie A is still shit but the PL has dipped in quality drastically since Mourinho and Ronaldo left.

Italy 7 - 1 England

Ouch.

Just goes to how quickly things change. A few years ago we had 2 teams in the CL final and Serie A was in turmoil. Serie A is still shit but the PL has dipped in quality drastically since Mourinho and Ronaldo left.

Think you're right, but not sure it's fully down to just them leaving. Fabregas leaving too, plus Grant got Chelsea to the final of CL etc.

Italy 7 - 1 England

Ouch.

Just goes to how quickly things change. A few years ago we had 2 teams in the CL final and Serie A was in turmoil. Serie A is still s*** but the PL has dipped in quality drastically since Mourinho and Ronaldo left.

Only because those two left?

Get out of here.

Guest firetotheworks

Italy 7 - 1 England

Ouch.

Just goes to how quickly things change. A few years ago we had 2 teams in the CL final and Serie A was in turmoil. Serie A is still s*** but the PL has dipped in quality drastically since Mourinho and Ronaldo left.

Get out of here.

Both of them leaving meant a downturn in quality for me. Man United haven't been challenged anywhere near as much since imo. Ronaldo was the gem in the PL. No player has been anywhere near to his influence since. Not even Rooney or RVP.

Italy 7 - 1 England

Ouch.

Get out of here.

Both of them leaving meant a downturn in quality for me. Man United haven't been challenged anywhere near as much since imo. Ronaldo was the gem in the PL. No player has been anywhere near to his influence since. Not even Rooney or RVP.

Hang on, Man Utd were spanked by Barcelona with Ronaldo in their side in the CL final and Chelsea were in the final of CL without Mourinho.

Not all down to them, but two of many people leaving that hasn't helped.

Italy 7 - 1 England

Ouch.

Goes in cycles. Spain and Italy had all one-nation finals before England did.

For all England's dominance in Europe they still failed to make it count with bringing home the trophy frequently. 10 years time nobody will remember how many quarter-finalists we had, only who lifted the cup.