The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Messi the all-time Barcelona goalscorer...at 24 and also bettering his goal tally from last season with 54 goals and something like 10 possible games left to play. Just how good is he going to get ffs!? 2 years ago the things we were saying seem like exaggerations now, considering he hasn't plateaued at all. He's f***ing preposterous.

10 + cup final + potentially 5 in CL.

Messi the all-time Barcelona goalscorer...at 24 and also bettering his goal tally from last season with 54 goals and something like 10 possible games left to play. Just how good is he going to get ffs!? 2 years ago the things we were saying seem like exaggerations now, considering he hasn't plateaued at all. He's f***ing preposterous.

Barring an injury/serious burnout, I'd use the term "likely" regarding him getting 70 goals.

Lost for words, really.

Guest neesy111

He could get 70 if he keeps up his current form.  That is just beyond words to describe if it happened.

I never thought I'd see a player score 60 goals in a season ever.

Would you say it's 3 from 4 to get relegated now?

Blackburn aren't completely out of the woods, but aye it's looking like it'll be three of you, QPR, Wigan and Wolves.

This'll sound horrible but the whole Muamba thing could ignite the players into doing it for him and pull them out of trouble. Once they've got their head round it all of course.

Wigan and wolves are certain, if QPR beat Sunderland then they could kick start their revival, but I don't think they will and it's possibly them. Got to wonder where that leaves them as a club, relegated and huge wage bill.

3 out of 5 still.

Blackburn are 6 points clear but they could quite easily lose every game from now on. I'd like to say Wigan will go but they aren't all that far behind safety and we all know what they are like. Wolves on their form are just asking for it. I think that the Muamba situation may make things worse for you guys and not the expected lets do it for him. I honestly think heads will drop because of it. You now have to find a place in your fixture list for 2 extra games (though one will obviously just be played on the date set aside for replays). I think the fixtures will just come thick and fast. A win in that situation and it gives you confidence, a loss though and it knocks it out of you.

every time messi breaks another record or wins another award i can't help but wonder how cristiano ronaldo feels about it all, assuming the stats are right he's scored 45 from 41 this season and they're very likely to win the league but no-one bats an eyelid about him :lol:

couldn't happen to a nicer fella

every time messi breaks another record or wins another award i can't help but wonder how cristiano ronaldo feels about it all, assuming the stats are right he's scored 45 from 41 this season and they're very likely to win the league but no-one bats an eyelid about him :lol:

couldn't happen to a nicer fella

42 from 40 for Ronaldo BUT aye he is being massively overshadowed by Messi, though if they win the League (pretty much in the bag) and the CL it might change things a bit

Marseille out of the Coupe De France by f***ing Quevilly one league up from the Amateur Championship.

Such poor league form and domestic form yet playing so well in the Champions League.

Insane game.

6' [1 - 0] J. Valero

85' [1 - 1] L. Remy

111' [2 - 1] J. Ayina

112' [2 - 2] L. Remy

117' [3 - 2] J. Ayina

That's 7 defeats in a row against the likes of Evian, Dijon, Brest, Ajaccio and Quevilly. Easily the most out of form team in Europe. The club is run by utter incompetents who need to resign but it's more likely Deschamps will fall on his sword.

Tbf i think part of the blame falls with Deschamps. Always been idiots run Marseille, Tapie, Diouf etc very rarely has it been harmonious.

I should watch him more. He's the best we're likely to see in our lifetime.

I remember thinking that about Ronaldinho.  :undecided:

Indeed. Ronaldinho was a strange one though. Declined very, very fast. At his peak though you could argue he was more exciting to watch. No doubts who is better.

Blackburn aren't completely out of the woods, but aye it's looking like it'll be three of you, QPR, Wigan and Wolves.

This'll sound horrible but the whole Muamba thing could ignite the players into doing it for him and pull them out of trouble. Once they've got their head round it all of course.

Wigan and wolves are certain, if QPR beat Sunderland then they could kick start their revival, but I don't think they will and it's possibly them. Got to wonder where that leaves them as a club, relegated and huge wage bill.

Think that's a completely realistic thing to say, I'd almost not want to be playing Bolton. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see extra from them. Obviously, the football is secondary right at this moment.

Guest Shaun

I lived in the time of Kevin Phillips.

Marseille out of the Coupe De France by f***ing Quevilly one league up from the Amateur Championship.

Such poor league form and domestic form yet playing so well in the Champions League.

Insane game.

6' [1 - 0] J. Valero

85' [1 - 1] L. Remy

111' [2 - 1] J. Ayina

112' [2 - 2] L. Remy

117' [3 - 2] J. Ayina

That's 7 defeats in a row against the likes of Evian, Dijon, Brest, Ajaccio and Quevilly. Easily the most out of form team in Europe. The club is run by utter incompetents who need to resign but it's more likely Deschamps will fall on his sword.

Tbf i think part of the blame falls with Deschamps. Always been idiots run Marseille, Tapie, Diouf etc very rarely has it been harmonious.

Oh aye, I would say more than a part of blame. When you look at the horrible style of (non) play, all the money squandered on expensive, past-it players he requested and the horrendous way he managed players like Ben Arfa, Gignac and Valbuena, he has to shoulder a lot of the blame. He'll probably leave at  season's end or earlier if things get even worse. I was saying that as long as the club is run by people like Anigo, Dassier and Labrune there will always misery around the corner. Best thing would be for the Louis-Dreyfus family to sell up as soon as possible, like they did with Standard Liège.

Insane game.

6' [1 - 0] J. Valero

85' [1 - 1] L. Remy

111' [2 - 1] J. Ayina

112' [2 - 2] L. Remy

117' [3 - 2] J. Ayina

Oh aye, I would say more than a part of blame. When you look at the horrible style of (non) play, all the money squandered on expensive, past-it players he requested and the horrendous way he managed players like Ben Arfa, Gignac and Valbuena, he has to shoulder a lot of the blame. He'll probably leave at  season's end or earlier if things get even worse. I was saying that as long as the club is run by people like Anigo, Dassier and Labrune there will always misery around the corner. Best thing would be for the Louis-Dreyfus family to sell up as soon as possible, like they did with Standard Liège.

He's had a couple of opportunities to sell up. Remember him knocking the Canadian businessman back a few years ago. . Makes it much worse with PSG, who are a nothing club.

Ronaldinho at his peak was the most exciting stuff ever. But Messi is no fucking Brazilian, so he is focused on being the best instead of being satisfied like Ronaldinho was. Ronaldinho pisses me off for wasting that talent.

Guest Haris Vuckic

It's funny watching them sometimes.

The NEXT amazing Brazilian, who'll have a beer belly in 5 years. 

Ronaldinho at his peak was the most exciting stuff ever. But Messi is no f***ing Brazilian, so he is focused on being the best instead of being satisfied like Ronaldinho was. Ronaldinho pisses me off for wasting that talent.

Ronaldinho at his peak is the most spectacular player I have ever seen, and with that I include Lionel Messi. Now, don't take me wrong, Messi is much more effective on the pitch; Ronaldinho wasn't the cleverest player and he often ran into blind alleys and went for the flair instead of keeping it simple. But his ability was so ludicrous that he often pulled it off. Such a pity his peak was so brief and he squandered all that talent.