The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

I'm going to need a double-bypass tonight.

Dreamt we won 2-0 (Messi, Tello), hope my dreams come true for once.

WTF? He's ours! Besides, Mole says he's s***, so he can't possibly feature in such an important match for you.. :lol:

In my dream he was a second half sub, man!

Yeah I agree with that. His pace puts him in a position to do great things but he's a bit limited on what he can do in the last third of the pitch. I still think he'll improve though, you can see that he lacks a bit of composure; if he gets the calmness to stick his head up when he gets inside the box, it will enable him to be more effective.

Barcelona: Valdes, Dani Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Puyol, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi, Fabregas, Cuenca. Subs: Pinto, Sanchez, Thiago, Keita, Pedro, Adriano, Tello.

AC Milan: Abbiati, Abate, Nesta, Mexes, Antonini, Nocerino, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Boateng, Robinho, Ibrahimovic. Subs: Amelia, Alexandre Pato, Aquilani, Maxi Lopez, Bonera, Emanuelson, Yepes.

Must be surreal for Cuenca, 20-years old and starting for Barca in Champions League quarterfinal against Milan.

If Iniesta is outwide again then Pep has royally f*cked up, Milan has no width they play almost exclusively through the centre surely it makes sense to but Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta in midfield and Sanchez-Messi-Cuenca?

This will be a long night for Barca fans if they get through its by the skin of thier teeth iam predicting.

Mainly because of Pep's lineups playing right into Milan's hands.

Why is Pedro not playing as regularly as last season? I think he is a quality player.

Injury and being overall meh has led him to fall down the pecking order, i would start him in games like this myself.

1. he provides pace, movement and finishing

2. he's a big game player.

3. can stretch Milan's defence

If Iniesta is outwide again then Pep has royally f*cked up, Milan has no width they play almost exclusively through the centre surely it makes sense to but Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta in midfield and Sanchez-Messi-Cuenca?

This will be a long night for Barca fans if they get through its by the skin of thier teeth iam predicting.

Iniesta will be through the middle.

Saw this on the 101greatgoals twitter: "Jamie Redknapp: "The experience Boateng is getting at AC Milan... he could come back to the Premier League." What a fucking tit. :lol: Thank God I've only seen this guy talk once or twice.

Iniesta will be through the middle.

Really? that would mean Cesc out wide or Messi out wide either way its all very narrow and still playing into Milan's hands.

thought barca's prob in the last leg was lacking width, milan are solid through the middle so you need runs in the space out wide to cause a bit of confusion. bit of a surprising line up. if milan nick a first goal it could be difficult, but if barca score first milan will be forced to open up & attack more, and the floodgates will most likely open.

Will Phillipps "the bookies are saying Messi is twice as likely to score a hatrick than ANY Milan player is to score first. Absolute madness."

Agree. :thup:

We'll see.  :rockyII:

We will. We will indeed see....  :knuppel2:

Will Phillipps "the bookies are saying Messi is twice as likely to score a hatrick than ANY Milan player is to score first. Absolute madness."

Agree. :thup:

Barca/Messi's home form suggests otherwise.