The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

We will finish 6th and not get into Europe isn't it.......

Europe is only good if Ashley will sanction 5-6 players capable of rotating in and out of the squad. As it stands Europe would kill us and I don't fancy our chances of Ashley investing that much.

I wouldn't mind a mid-table season if we gave the Europa, FA & League cup a real push next season. There's no point doing well in the league if we aren't going to push for honours.

Our cup form under Pardew is pretty crap tbh, don't think he'd know what to do in Europe, I've very little faith in him doing a good job balancing the squad with another competition to think about. I'd like a cup run and challenge for honours, but don't think our set up right now can do it, especially when we lose our best players again for 6 weeks next season when we'd have 2-3 cup games (if successful)

Right now we play for league position, couple of signings would enforce that position or climb, but anything more than that would stretch us far beyond our means and we'd fall apart imo, we'd end up mid table with nothing to show for it, then we become vulnerable for the vultures to take our best players and no doubt Ashley would pull the trigger on Pardew for it as well.

We will finish 6th and not get into Europe isn't it.......

Europe is only good if Ashley will sanction 5-6 players capable of rotating in and out of the squad. As it stands Europe would kill us and I don't fancy our chances of Ashley investing that much.

I wouldn't mind a mid-table season if we gave the Europa, FA & League cup a real push next season. There's no point doing well in the league if we aren't going to push for honours.

Our cup form under Pardew is pretty crap tbh, don't think he'd know what to do in Europe, I've very little faith in him doing a good job balancing the squad with another competition to think about. I'd like a cup run and challenge for honours, but don't think our set up right now can do it, especially when we lose our best players again for 6 weeks next season when we'd have 2-3 cup games (if successful)

Right now we play for league position, couple of signings would enforce that position or climb, but anything more than that would stretch us far beyond our means and we'd fall apart imo, we'd end up mid table with nothing to show for it, then we become vulnerable for the vultures to take our best players and no doubt Ashley would pull the trigger on Pardew for it as well.

I'm not talking balancing to be fair. I mean outright prioritising cup competitions the way Fulham did a few seasons back, resting players in the league for cup games. If Mark Hughes, Hodgson, Walter Smith, Pulis, McLeish etc. can give it a real go in the cups, Pards can.

The league cup semi's success are probably more dependent on opposition than the AFCON tbf. Same with the FA Cup really.

Guest Craig-NUFC

ESPN love their slow mo emotion shots.  :lol:

Spanish football coverage is the worst for that. Will miss goals because the director wants to see a shot of a player sighing in slow-mo.

ESPN love their slow mo emotion shots.  :lol:

Spanish football coverage is the worst for that. Will miss goals because the director wants to see a shot of a player sighing in slow-mo.

There was a WC where they did a slo mo zoom on a player adjusting his testicles.  :lol:

Wouldn't be surprised if Ranieri got the boot for Capello. Inter are a f***ing joke again now.

Didn't do a great job taking over from Montella at Roma, either, before he inevitably left in embarrassment.. Couldn't see Capello coming back to management though. Something like DOF, maybe. Baldini's already at Roma, so who knows