The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest Haris Vuckic

people are slagging off City, give some respect to the opposition

swansea has got one of the best records at home, way better than ours.

We have two more points at home than Swansea. Shhh.

And we've beaten the league leaders. :snod:

Swansea were the better team and I didn't think City were really below their usual. Think Silva's now reasonably extended dip in form is hurting them considerably in the final third, not able to rack up the goals they once could.

Swansea are magnificent though, defend through possession perfectly. Disciplined hard working and creative, the real deal, they should stay in the league for a long time and if they bulk out their squad can see them competing for Europe soon enough. They play well enough to do well there, suspect they'd have done better than other PL clubs in europe where premier league teams have been tremendously naive in defense.

May seem a bit extreme, but they function so well as a team it's odd that, unlike charlie adam last season with the similar sort of second team following, they haven't had players raved about, despite being considerably better than blackpool. Leon Britten is a magician with the ball though. Has it on a string. Brendan Rogers will go far, and I hope he stays with Swansea and sees it through (or comes to us).

:lol: :lol:

Ok, this one I'm not going to let go.

Swansea have won 6, drawn 6 and lost 2 at home. We've won 7, drawn 5 and lost 2.

:lol:

I'm stuck watching AC Milan, because apparently the Fox Soccer Channel believes it has more of a draw than Norwich vs Wigan.

Currently, we're two minutes in, and it looks like Thiago Silva is having a lie down in the Lecce box. That lad is a liability.

f*** me the table is incredibly tight below us:

http://i.imgur.com/RCeuF.png

goes to show if we don't get our acts together, couple of loses and a few draws could see us drop like a stone,

but then again the teams below us are equally inconsistent as anyone.

We could, but it would have to be a pretty terrible run. I think there's a reason none of those teams have gotten separation, because they're not good enough. I'm sure we'll see 8th place rotated pretty frequently until May.

Hopefully.