The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Beasejour is so sh*t

Why is he at Wigan? Surely someone at Wigan must have seen him play for Brum and thought hald on, that lad's shite.

I think their scouts must watch the same games as I do :lol: the few times I have seen him he has looked alright but everyone else in world football thinks he is shite (apart from the Wigan scouts).

Still time for Man U to slip up though. If they win the league though it's pretty pathetic, a team torn apart by Athletic Bilbao...(credit to AB but for 'best league in the world' yadder yadder the veneer is starting to peel on the premier league.

Competition for 3rd and 4th place is much more interesting though.

What's gone wrong with Mancini? He's a good manager imo, overly cautious perhaps but always think that probably that's what you need to be at top level, oddly though poor defending has crept in. I think the team just lacks that nous and capability to push on, assembled as it is. I also wonder if they need to be able to play a more direct game from the wings, they seem to suffer Arsenalitis at times, lots of intricate passing, but defendable, odd cos they were unstoppable start of season.

They need some bonafide wide players imo. Silva, Nasri, Aguero all sort of drift around same areas.

Nowt wrong with getting upset by football for me like. Unless you're f***ing second top with 10 games to go and only a point or whatever behind. Get a grip lad.

First time in decades that his team is in with a chance of winning the EPL.  I'd be pretty fucking distraught if I were in his shoes.

Nowt wrong with getting upset by football for me like. Unless you're f***ing second top with 10 games to go and only a point or whatever behind. Get a grip lad.

First time in decades that his team is in with a chance of winning the EPL.  I'd be pretty f***ing distraught if I were in his shoes.

I'd be pretty f***ing gutted, but howay man, they still have to play them too. Nowt wrong with being emotional but there's not much logic in this. If Shitehs players feel like this, they might as well show ManUre the white flag.

Happened to yourselves in 1996. Pretty sure you all felt pretty bummed when you lost that race. There's still a lot to go, but I can understand the feelings at that moment.

Although with City and their money they will be there for the foreseeable future even if ManU gets the upper hand again this year.

Valencia booed of the pitch after throwing away that 2-0 lead. Mongtastic fans, they are third and their club was on the brink until last summer FFS.

That's pretty much what we did after Wolves. Depends on the nature of the 'throwing away a 2-0 lead'. If it was like how we did it then they have every right to boo.

Happened to yourselves in 1996. Pretty sure you all felt pretty bummed when you lost that race. There's still a lot to go, but I can understand the feelings at that moment.

Although with City and their money they will be there for the foreseeable future even if ManU gets the upper hand again this year.

will city still be able to spend big this summer with the fair play rules in place?

City really shouldn't need to. It's not like chelsea where they need desperately new players but can't afford to, City have plenty.

They could easily buy up lots of prospects stick them in their new academy and be sorted fine for the future. They should perhaps nab a new wide player and a new defender or two. Yes they are overly reliant on Yaya toure atm which is probably Mancini's biggest concern, but unless Xavi comes on the market doubt they can replace him like for like. He's been magnificent all season, player of the season for me.

Always support your team. Always.

Rent-a-quote. I was extremely upset when we threw the 2-0 lead away against Wolves. The players looked disinterested and the manager wasn't doing anything about it, it was horrible viewing. Doesn't mean I'm going to start supporting Guimares or something.

Man City have their issues but if Ferguson manages to win the league this season then it's yet another huge achievement for him.  Pretty underwhelming side they have now although I appreciate that goes for a lot of the league these days.

Rent-a-quote. I was extremely upset when we threw the 2-0 lead away against Wolves. The players looked disinterested and the manager wasn't doing anything about it, it was horrible viewing. Doesn't mean I'm going to start supporting Guimares or something.

I agree. :)

Okay, I don't really want to argue about "supahfanness", paying customers can do as they wish afterall. In the case of Valencia though, in my opinion they were being unreasonable given that the team is having a good season.

Guest Heneage

Shaun Maloney at Wigan? How long has he been there?

Since the summer, don't think he's played much though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Shaun Maloney at Wigan? How long has he been there?

Supposedly fell out with Martinez, don't think he's played much other than the cups.

City really need a top class CB. Without Kompany, their defence does look really lost. As young as Savic is, he hasn't really shown any promise at all and as a result, he remains very unconvincing for me (not even sure if he's going to make it in the PL); Lescott and Toure are decent players but they are underwhelming options imo (though alongside Kompany, they look alright).