The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Rooney is an arsehole. :okay:

Can't tell if all the Fulham players are really well built and toned, or if they're just wearing tight shirts.

Both!

might send De Gea a razor and see if he shaves that horrific beard off.

I shaved Little Bimps and the clangers the other day, really is a marvellous sight a shorn scrotum.

:spit:

Can't tell if all the Fulham players are really well built and toned, or if they're just wearing tight shirts.

I've been wondering this. Think it's the tops, I take back what I said about Hughes (partially).

Not sure it is the top. Think it's just Pog and Riise, in fact.

The difference without Scholes is so stark.

:thup: this season will have done wonders for his long-term standing in the game, he was criminally underrated before he retired/came back. Even now, people are still missing the point when it comes to him.

I agree with that. Edgar Davids once called him the best midfielder in the world IIRC. My knowledge of world football/different leagues wasn't as good as it is now, but from what I could see - it was true.

Aye, similar was said by Xavi/Iniesta before the last Champs League final - he's very much in their mould, unlike the "box-to-box" midfielder that the English press crave to label him as and what they desperately want to see two of playing for ing-ger-lund. Quite how they allowed Sven to waste him out of the left flank was a mystery; granted, I didn't fully appreciate him at the time but he should have been part of a central midfield trio and the rest of the team instructed to give him the ball as often as possible.

Has been a joy to watch him since the comeback, make the most of it while we still can.

Guest neesy111

The difference without Scholes is so stark.

:thup: this season will have done wonders for his long-term standing in the game, he was criminally underrated before he retired/came back. Even now, people are still missing the point when it comes to him.

I agree with that. Edgar Davids once called him the best midfielder in the world IIRC. My knowledge of world football/different leagues wasn't as good as it is now, but from what I could see - it was true.

Aye, similar was said by Xavi/Iniesta before the last Champs League final - he's very much in their mould, unlike the "box-to-box" midfielder that the English press crave to label him as and what they desperately want to see two of playing for ing-ger-lund. Quite how they allowed Sven to waste him out of the left flank was a mystery; granted, I didn't fully appreciate him at the time but he should have been part of a central midfield trio and the rest of the team instructed to give him the ball as often as possible.

Has been a joy to watch him since the comeback, make the most of it while we still can.

Without doubt the best English midfielder since Gazza.  Could arguably say he was better.