The other games today - 2011/12

Rich

Guest bimpy474

If we finish 5th and Everton get to the FA cup final (not against Chelsea).....Chelsea have to win the Champions League to get into Europe.

Now that would be funny.

Guest Slarth

Couldn't care about the points dropped tbh I'm just happy to be looking up the table with a realistic chance of having a go at the CL spots :)

Guest bimpy474

Nobody will be scared of Chelsea at the moment TBH.

What did Ivanovic do that might get him banned? That would be class.

Punched Maloney off the ball v Wigan.

Now question is do we want Everton to beat Liverpool in the cup... would almost certainly mean they would rest a few in the last game of the season but would take away the fall back of 6th spot getting europe....

This is what we needed to swing it in our favour. Stamford Bridge looks nailed-on to be a draw, so we needed a point cushion elsewhere thanks to the goal difference.

I expected it to be their Arsenal game where it happened, but this'll dee. :D

Tim Krul ‏ @TimKrul

What a great day all-round.. Hatem "Messi" Ben Arfa.. Contender goal of the season ..!! Keep checking the league table .. Keep believing !!

10:01 PM - 9 Apr 12

:)

Now question is do we want Everton to beat Liverpool in the cup... would almost certainly mean they would rest a few in the last game of the season but would take away the fall back of 6th spot getting europe....

Liverpool winning is the best outcome either way i think. It guarantees Europa League, but it means the shackles are off us and we can go into the last few games with freedom.

No the final is played BEFORE our game against them.

Guest neesy111

Nowt to be scared of going to Stamford Bridge, they look woeful.

Only thing that worries me if FA favouratism towards cockney clubs, which shows thru ref's decisions.

QPR will disagree with that.

No. We want Liverpool to win. Guarantees Europe.

Guest bimpy474

Liverpool winning is the best outcome either way i think. It guarantees Europa League, but it means the shackles are off us and we can go into the last few games with freedom.

Not quite, Chelsea winning the Champions League buggers it up, unlikely but possible.

Guest bimpy474

No. We want Liverpool to win. Guarantees Europe.

Not quite, above post.

Not quite, Chelsea winning the Champions League buggers it up, unlikely but possible.

If they turn over Barca and Real, I'll eat my hat.

Tim Krul ‏ @TimKrul

What a great day all-round.. Hatem "Messi" Ben Arfa.. Contender goal of the season ..!! Keep checking the league table .. Keep believing !!

10:01 PM - 9 Apr 12

:)

Loving all the tweets at the moment, I wonder if the players are getting coaching on how to use it effectively? They don't seem to fall prey to the whinging and sniping that affects a lot of footballers on twitter.