NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

I also think we'll be signing replacements for those who leave and will maybe see 1 addition coming in if we're lucky. We ought to because Smith will be off the wagebill and hopefully Xisco too.

I'll be surprised and disappointed if we're not in the bidding for Lee Chung-yong from Bolton because he ticks every box. He's a hard-working player with end product, he has assists and goals in him and he's good enough for our first XI in my view. He was one of the best players at Bolton the season before relegation when they weren't a bad team either. He'll be available at a discount because Bolton have been relegated, all tying in with the club's buying policy. He has also played out wide comfortably in a 4-3-3 at Bolton I believe. One final bonus would be raising the club's profile in Asia. Like Marveaux, Ba etc there'll be questions over his recovery from a broken leg but the club can also use this to drag the price down and take the gamble he makes a full recovery.

For me I'd bring him in as an addition but if a player must make way I'd sacrifice Obertan though I'd be surprised to see that happen.

I think the club will expect players like Abeid, Ferguson, Vuckic and Tavernier to have a bigger role next season with the added fixtures, as well as Marveaux and Gosling, rather than signing more players the gamble will be that these players step up. The bulk of the money spent therefore would be on trying to get quality replacements for Simpson and maybe Ba.

I may stand corrected but wasn't the bolton lad in from Arsenal on loan?

That's Ryo Miyaichi.

Oldtype seething. Somewhere.

Even if he's not reading the site, a cold shiver just went down his spine.

Yea I can sense it too.

Lee is a much better player than Ryo.  Ryo has the pace but technically he is still not up to it.  Lee meanwhile is already the best South Korean player before injury (Yes, I've included Park allready, but Lee is better). A very all-round winger with bags of skills and some flair tricks, a fee of under 5m is a great business. However that is before the injury.

If Lee's not injured, Bolton would not relegate.  Never.

Are saying Lee's technical abilities are now matching Silva's abilities ? Please....I didn't know Lee was playing for a wold cup winner national team.

I don't think Lee has the physical attributes to be successful in the premier league. He is short and not strong enought.

Isn't he voted the best player for Bolton in 2009-2010? I think he is a success already.  I do have doubt about his pace after the injury though.

Or you also mix him up with Ryo? :lol:

Are saying Lee's technical abilities are now matching Silva's abilities ? Please....I didn't know Lee was playing for a wold cup winner national team.

I am saying, contrary to what you suggested, that a players physical attributes are not a vital requirement in order to be a success in the premier league.

that lee is broken leg that's unlucky not injury plague player... hope he has ben arfa mental strength so he can get back to his form again... that lee for me is similar to pedro mendes... a player that capable to make silky pass thru defenders. Typical player which is great for fast counter attack tactic.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7783068/Magpies-eye-Sky-Blues-ace

Sky Sports understands Newcastle are lining up a move for highly-rated Coventry City midfielder Gael Bigirimana.

The 18-year-old enjoyed an impressive first season in the Coventry first-team this term, making 28 appearances in all competitions for the Sky Blues.

The all-action midfield dynamo broke into the Coventry side at the start of the campaign and he was rewarded for his progress by being named the Championship's Apprentice of the Year.

Bigirimana's performances have seen him likened to Michael Essien in his style of play and his showings have not gone unnoticed by other clubs.

Newcastle are believed to have watched Bigirimana on several occasions and they are now weighing up a move to bring the player to St James' Park.

6.8 million for Siggurdson to Swansea is criminally cheap. He will be amongst the top 10 best attacking midfielders in the world within 5 years. No offence to Swansea but other bigger clubs should be taking advantage of that fee.

6.8 million for Siggurdson to Swansea is criminally cheap. He will be amongst the top 10 best attacking midfielders in the world within 5 years. No offence to Swansea but other bigger clubs should be taking advantage of that fee.

I'm happy to see him sign for Swansea TBH. About time football and footballers realised that everyone doesn't need to play for Man City to have a good career. Well done and good luck to him IMO.

lolz

Guest Rob 1988

Real Betis become latest name linked to Wigan midfielder -By talkSPORT | Friday, May 25, 2012

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120525/real-betis-become-latest-name-linked-wigan-midfielder-172950

Real Betis are hoping to fend off interest from Aston Villa and Newcastle and strike a deal to sign Wigan midfielder Mohamed Diame.

Diame, 24, is set to leave the DW Stadium during the summer as he is out of contract and will become a free agent.

Manchester United are believed to have pulled out of the running to sign him.

Real Betis are determined to land the signature of the Senegal international, but know they will need to move fast as there are a number of other clubs who also want him.

Real Betis coach Pepe Mel, speaking on Tele Sevilla Muchodeporte, said: "Let's have the opportunity to speak with him.

"He has been playing well in the Premier League and as far as I know both Aston Villa and Newcastle want to sign him.

"It is not simple. I am hoping to meet with Diame."

I'm happy to see him sign for Swansea TBH. About time football and footballers realised that everyone doesn't need to play for Man City to have a good career. Well done and good luck to him IMO.

I don't mean Swansea, I mean us. If we kept all our current team and they played a similar amount of games to this season and we added him to the team we would be in the Champions League.