NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

It's more the fact that even if there is a bigger club looking at him, it doesn't mean he needs to say it. It hardly puts him in a good light from a fans perspective.

unless he turns down said bigger club to sign for nufc...........

Then even more reason not to say it.

Of course he's looking for the best possible move in terms of club and personal terms, hence these comments. As for mentioning us and interest from a club bigger than us, he's almost certainly been asked specifically about our interest because it's not exactly been kept the world's best secret. It's all part of the courting game..

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hopefully we'll sign Mbiwa..Master Pards is only using Douglas as a smokescreen...

I don't see it. Douglas is exactly the sort of goal scoring 'man-mountain' Pards was talking about on the radio show

Hopefully we'll sign Mbiwa..Master Pards is only using Douglas as a smokescreen...

I don't see it. Douglas is exactly the sort of goal scoring 'man-mountain' Pards was talking about on the radio show

Good point. Will be chuffed if Douglas signs. His physical presence and speed will make him a perfect fit to Colo and PL in general.

Anyone that mouths off like that can basically be ignored tbh.

Maybe he's sick of this dragging out and wants us to make a proper move.

Isn't he holding on for Dutch citizenship?

That said he might want it tied up before that comes through.

Either way they are pretty dispiriting quotes. I was well up for this window following our great season.  Starting to remember how frustrating they inevitably are

We're only just into June man! We've already got 1 more signing confirmed than we did this stage last year.  :snod:

Either way they are pretty dispiriting quotes. I was well up for this window following our great season.  Starting to remember how frustrating they inevitably are

Aye probably best just to kill yourself now, can't see any point in carrying on with quotes like that.

The f*ckin germans signing people in March and April have proper f*cked things up tbh, the window only opened 4 days ago and we have signed one player things will happen....We have until August 31st to get things done thats nearly 3 months away it will happen.

The f*ckin germans signing people in March and April have proper f*cked things up tbh, the window only opened 4 days ago and we have signed one player things will happen....We have until August 31st to get things done thats nearly 3 months away it will happen.

Doesn't open till Friday or Monday coming iirc.

FWIW I didn't even mean the comment about a bigger club than us being in for him, just that I'm suspicious of any player that says we're after them so publically. Even on the deals that we've known about before they went through there was very little comment about NUFC. Confidentiality is something I think we insist on.

FWIW I didn't even mean the comment about a bigger club than us being in for him, just that I'm suspicious of any player that says we're after them so publically. Even on the deals that we've known about before they went through there was very little comment about NUFC. Confidentiality is something I think we insist on.

Like Hatem Ben Arfa with their chairman and his daily press soap? And Ben Arfa boarding a plane to check the place out for himself well before anything was signed, sealed and delivered? Didn't exactly stop us from doing business with them?

Doesn't open till Friday or Monday coming iirc.

Oh right even better then lol, i was convinced it opened june 1st..... cheers for the correction :thup:

Still things will get done of that iam certain, come the 1st game of the season there will be atleast 4 signings for us to get excited about IMO.

Like Hatem Ben Arfa with their chairman and his daily press soap? And Ben Arfa boarding a plane to check the place out for himself well before anything was signed, sealed and delivered? Didn't exactly stop us from doing business with them?

That was a pretty unique situation. :lol:

Also, he came on loan. There wasn't much risk involved for us.

Anyone that mouths off like that can basically be ignored tbh.

Agree. Pardew has spoken about the importance of having an affinity with the place. That quote makes Douglas sound like a prick tbh

You're all being very sensitive if you ask me.. Any club that wants him will first need to do a deal with his club anyway, and it's pretty blatant that he's been asked about Newcastle United's well documented interest rather than mouthing of himself about it.

If you asked some lass out and she said 'might do, think some much better looking bloke is interested so I will let you know yeah?' would you still be up for it? :lol:

Once she's in the back of the van she's yours.

the loan was just to give us more time to wear them down in negotiations I think. We did sign him at quite high risk at the time while he had a double leg fracture.

That was a daft summer mind

Guest Phil K

Not a good quote.

Read the rest of that article. I get the impression the comment is more from the journalist than the player.

He spent the rest of the article trying to get Cabaye away from Newcastle.

Read it elsewhere didn't say who it was, but if it turned out to be Mick Dennis or the like, wouldn't surprise me.

Still I very much doubt we are in a position as a club where we can insist on a player's discreteness until we are at the latter stages of signing a player. Often it is in the interest of the player, his agent and the selling club to drum up as much interest as possible, which may be contrary to our interests, but that is the way of the transfer circus. If we really want a player who may be of a level of quality where "bigger" clubs may be interested, can you see us pulling the plug because we don't like them calling our name? If so, what were your thoughts when you posted about those supposed Debuchy tweets earlier? Was that you implying we weren't going to sign him now because he was running of his mouth about us?

Dunno. There's nowt to say that we pull the plug on transfers if players don't agree to keep their gob shut. I just instantly think there is less chance of us signing a player that is mouthing off, even if we've been linked to him before.

Fair enough, wasn't your most glorious moment anyway..  :p

Edit: agree there is no evidence either way and the way we keep quiet ourselves implies we prefer it if players do the same. Really can't see us instantly pulling the plug on someone we really want because they mention our name though.

As I've seen neither play, would people prefer Douglas or Mbiwa?

I've only seen Douglas a fair amount, and he's definitely somebody I would be more than happy with. I fear Mbiwa may well be out of our price range, but from the little I've seen and heard I wouldn't mind him either.. The way we operate we'll probably get neither and go for somebody we've never heard of or been linked with.