NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Tbf tho even though Tribalfootball are a load of shit.... i do find the " Pardew thinks we are too reliant on Cisse and Ba and wants goals from midfield" interesting and iam pretty sure i heard Pardew mention something similar before.

I doubt we would sign someone like Mulumbu and a attacking midfielder so it will be interesting to see what type of midfielder we will get as iam pretty certain we will sign someone in that position iam just clueless as to what type of midfielder.

Journal says we're in talks with Mulumbu and Clyne, and Tiote has stated he's not interested in leaving.

I would  prefer us to go for Diame instead of Mulumbu

Think I would too, mainly because I don't think Mulumbu will be that cheap and I'm not confident we will spend much.

Get Cabaye up further and he will get his fair share I reckon.

Cabaye's versatility is why we get to choose lol, Buy a more defensive midfielder to go alongside Tiote and free Cabaye up or keep Cabaye next to Tiote and buy a more a attacking midfielder....

Either way i expect one of the midfield 3 to get a few goals next season and as pointed out with Ben Arfa getting a full season under his belt should get into double figures.

Guest Shaun

Journal says we're in talks with Mulumbu and Clyne, and Tiote has stated he's not interested in leaving.

Why? Mulumbu is far better defensively.

I am not impressed with Mulumbu, I also like the extra height Diame provides.

I get the feeling its because Mulumbu would be quite expensive ( probably too expensive considering) and Diame is probably a more complete footballer and he would be available for nothing.

Mulumbu claims move talks

Congolese midfielder says he is in talks with Newcastle and Spurs

Last Updated: June 4, 2012 1:29pm

Youssouf Mulumbu: Believes he is a ready to join a club 'in another class'

West Brom midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu claims to have held discussions with Newcastle and Tottenham regarding a possible summer switch.

The former Congo international appears set to leave The Hawthorns once the transfer window re-opens and says his agent is already in talks with potential suitors.

He is prepared to leave the matter in the hands of his representative, but admits he would be open to the idea of trying his luck elsewhere in 2012/13.

"We have already started talking to teams like Newcastle and Tottenham," Mulumbu told Mercato 365.

"For now, I'm leaving it all in the hands of my agent and I hope to have good surprises on my return from vacation."

Mulumbu joined West Brom in January 2009 on an initial loan deal, with the Baggies making the agreement permanent that summer.

Promise

The 25-year-old admits he considered heading for pastures new in 2011, but was persuaded to remain with the Baggies.

He penned a contract that is due to run until 2015, but believes he is now ready to take on a new challenge.

Mulumbu said: "Last year, I thought it would be a little premature to go because it was my first full season.

"But I confirmed my promise this season. I continued to show all my abilities and I think I now have to look for another challenge. That's why I hope to join a club in another class.

"I had a good year, I'm pretty confident and I will leave it now to my agent.

"I'm going to go on holiday and come back stronger because I know that another big season lies ahead."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7794979/Mulumbu-claims-move-talks

Guest firetotheworks

I know this is the rumours thread, but I can't believe someone posted one from Tribal football. Jesus tittyfucking Christ.

Just sounds like he is being honest. Should players stay at one club forever? especially when better clubs are interested? I know I am a hypocrite and would be pissed off if Cisse was pushing for a move too Man City or Man Utd but it's easier to see it for what it is when it's not your player.

It's better than pretending you want to stay then claiming the club forced you out or saying you will talk about a new contract and keep putting it off :dontknow:

Would still be p*ssed off if one of our players said that though. We are a huge step up from West Brom, and Tottenham certainly are, but there fans wont want to hear it.

Huge step? We were relegated with them, came from the Championship with them, and finished below them last season. Without the sale of Caroll, it is not even certain if we are in better financial position to attract players.