NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

De Jong, Debuchy and Anita are the 3 main targets apparently. Curtis Good is a secondary target. So says Douglas.

There's that season ticket stuff. :laugh:

Seriously though, I'd be amazed if it's as straightforward as this. We might be interested in those players but I find it very unlikely that there aren't others that the local press doesn't know about. It's more likely that we're trying to drive prices down on other as yet undisclosed targets IMO.

So according to Douglas our Best 11 would be the follwing if all of our transfers go to plan:

Krul

Debuchy      S.Taylor        Coloccini    Santon

Tiote                Anita

HBA                        Cabaye                  De Jong

Cisse

With Ba and Jonas behing heabily rotated into that side. Pretty decent. Though still concerned about Williamsons inability to pass a football should Saylor get injured again.

So according to Douglas our Best 11 would be the follwing if all of our transfers go to plan:

Krul

Debuchy      S.Taylor        Coloccini    Santon

Tiote                Anita

HBA                        Cabaye                  De Jong

Cisse

With Ba and Jonas behing heabily rotated into that side. Pretty decent. Though still concerned about Williamsons inability to pass a football should Saylor get injured again.

and marveaux

So we're banking on Taylor avoiding a major injury for the whole season? When's the last time that happened?

Yeh I can't see us not signing a centre-half for the starting 11. Its ludicrous if we dont.

We've still got Williamson who is third choice at the moment. If we're not buying someone to partner Colo then it will only be a promising youngster.

you think it will just be Good, then Dave? They must have pretth high hopes for him if they see him as 4th/5th choice, with Perchinho always being an option.

FC fined and banished messy Brazilian Douglas

28/06/2012 10:38

Douglas has been indefinitely banned to the promise of team FC Twente. He also had a penalty. The reason for the punishment of the defender is his unauthorized absence. Douglas had last week in Enschede to report to training to resume, but did not turn up. McClaren was disappointed that Douglas without reason just stayed away longer than planned. Only Wednesday to put the Dutchman naturalized Brazilian again set foot on Dutch soil. the messy behavior feeds the speculation that Douglas wants to force a break. The player has a one year contract in Enschede, but has several times expressed to be ready for a club abroad. Self he mentions interest from Juventus and Newcastle United.

http://www.vi.nl/nieuws/223469/FC-Twente-beboet-en-verbant-warrige-Braziliaan-Douglas.htm

De Jong, Debuchy and Anita are the 3 main targets apparently. Curtis Good is a secondary target. So says Douglas.

There's that season ticket stuff. :laugh:

Seriously though, I'd be amazed if it's as straightforward as this. We might be interested in those players but I find it very unlikely that there aren't others that the local press doesn't know about. It's more likely that we're trying to drive prices down on other as yet undisclosed targets IMO.

:thup:

I thought the money for signing young, promising players to push forwards from the ressies (in the mould of Abeid, Good etc) was a seperate pot from what we'd use to sign first teamers? Or have I just made that up?

Either way, I don't see how a <£400,000 fee for a promising young centre-back would impact on our other spending. We're not Everton.

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles

Understand that Reading owner Anton Zingarevich met Junior Hoilett to discuss move. Still looks more likely to join Newcastle. ‪#rfc‬ ‪#NUFC‬

7:50 PM - 30 Jun 12

???