NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Realist

For a club that spend years researching players, it's a shame we don't find out how much they're likely to cost.

lmao forever if you pay retail. 

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-hoping-for-transfer-breakthrough-1-4753342

“Any big player or good player that comes to the table, we need to be involved in it,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“We need to know what is going on. What is the price? Can we do it? Can we afford? If we can’t we go somewhere else.

“We want the best quality players, and at the moment we have three possible transfers actively being pursued in terms of bids and trying to get a deal where the other club gets what they want and we get what we want.”

Debuchy, Douglas and Anita?

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-hoping-for-transfer-breakthrough-1-4753342

“Any big player or good player that comes to the table, we need to be involved in it,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“We need to know what is going on. What is the price? Can we do it? Can we afford? If we can’t we go somewhere else.

“We want the best quality players, and at the moment we have three possible transfers actively being pursued in terms of bids and trying to get a deal where the other club gets what they want and we get what we want.”

I still think we'll make 2 out of the blue acquisitions plus Debuchy. Really is unlike us nowadays to conduct our transfer activity in public.

Hopefully so, although we do need a forward just it shouldn't be Carroll.

Well, it did say "three players pursued on bids", and we've only bid for Debuchy, Carroll and Douglas. :shifty:

So basically the borehole will have paid for Rob Elliott.

In all seriousness, it's a pretty good thing we've done. If every major sports team did something like this it would have a pretty big impact.

In all seriousness, it's a pretty good thing we've done. If every major sports team did something like this it would have a pretty big impact.

If we take Shola, give him some apples and put him on a bike hooked up to a generator the club can save massively on it's energy costs.

If we take Shola, give him some apples and put him on a bike hooked up to a generator the club can save massively on it's energy costs.

Have to feed him apples though, and the current cost is a bit pricey.

Guest Realist

Always some plusses and minuses to being run by a ruthlessly efficient tightarse  :aww:

It's always "we did this" and "we did that" with Pardew isn't it? :yao:

I have a confession and sincere apology to make.

I put Debuchy, Carroll, Anita and Douglas into my Newcastle team in Fifa last Monday. Things have gone tit's up since, but do I take them out and risk them not coming at all. Humble apologies.

Guest BooBoo

Anyone else pretty underwhelmed by Douglas? Wouldn't really care either way if we get him.

This weight issue seems a bit unprofessional. Can't say I've ever seen him play but either way, I'm not that fussed.

Anyone else pretty underwhelmed by Douglas? Wouldn't really care either way if we get him.

This weight issue seems a bit unprofessional. Can't say I've ever seen him play but either way, I'm not that fussed.

We certainly need a CB this summer. Just don't think we should be fighting for him or overpaying (no way should he cost more than Debuchy).