NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest BooBoo

Just out of interest, when was the last genuine solid transfer rumour involving us buying a player? There's been nothing new for weeks now.

Just out of interest, when was the last genuine solid transfer rumour involving us buying a player? There's been nothing new for weeks now.

That's why I believe the 3 targets we know of are our only ones... Debuchy, Douglas and sadly Carroll...

Na we do a decent job of keeping secrets. Still don't expect a huge suprise though.

Reckon we will bid for Carroll again right at the end of the window, with him handing in a transfer request.

Guest BooBoo

Na we do a decent job of keeping secrets. Still don't expect a huge suprise though.

Reckon we will bid for Carroll again right at the end of the window, with him handing in a transfer request.

I think that's pretty much a myth. We try and keep stuff on the low, but who was the last player we bought that the papers didn't know about? Marveaux was the only real out of the blue signing and even he had been tenuously linked to us.

I think that's pretty much a myth. We try and keep stuff on the low, but who was the last player we bought that the papers didn't know about? Marveaux was the only real out of the blue signing and even he had been tenuously linked to us.

Cisse?

Would be typical of us if the window fizzles out and we all sit here hoping for something on deadline day with the NE journos telling us the Carroll offer is still on the table all day.

Tbf Ashley is a gambler so he'll always try to leave it as late as possible in those cases imo. We know that Carroll wants to leave Liverpool so they'll eventually want to get rid of him this window - better for 12 mio in the end than keeping an unhappy player there. Same goes for Debuchy.

Would be typical of us if the window fizzles out and we all sit here hoping for something on deadline day with the NE journos telling us the Carroll offer is still on the table all day.

I think that is exactly what will happen, unless Lille or Liverpool back down.

Guest neesy111

Striker is my priority now.  Selling Best without agreeing a deal for another striker is ridiculous considering Shola's injury record.

Apparently Valencia's offer is loan with a view to a 7m move, would Ashley go for that do you think?

Yep, well certainly if he could agree a price.

Indeed, it's just important now to get a upgrade on Simpson whether that's Debuchy or not i don't think it matters.

Simpson is a lot better then even myself have given him credit for but fact of matter is we will only go so far with a RB who can't contribute going forward.

It's past Debuchy now, for me it's just important to bring in an significant upgrade.