NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Like fuck can I bothered to wade through threads and threads of paranoia, etc.

I'm guessing it's been mentioned how convenient it is that we've went the whole summer hearing lots about slow moving incoming transfer stories and basically nothing really about about any key players leaving. 

A week before the deadline and suddenly the likes of Cabaye, Tiote and Coloccini might be away and it's quiet on the incoming transfer front.  If the rumours of key players leaving hit fever pitch over the next day or 2 then I guess we'll all just be really relieved to get to the deadline unscathed, yeah?

Oh, and we didn't sign anyone?  Who gives a fuck, Tiote's still here you daft cunt.  Seems very transparent. :lol:

Pretty grim, isn't it?

Don't be so down mate, personally I'm just happy our players have another year's experience.

http://i.imgur.com/0tBEg.png

I don't think they had much clue on how this summer was going to pan out at the beginning, mind. Pardew was mentioning that we'd be having people in early and get them through pre-season with us, then obviously there was the euro's so no movement because of that and a lack of any bidding, then some very low offers that have been ridiculed.

It was always going to be very difficult to reach the heights of last summer, and even arguing the most important thing was to keep players goes no way in explaining why you're not firmly bidding for players you want then.

We need at least 2 for me. I still think our midfield is stronger minus the Anita signing than our defence or front line is without a singing. The Clyne thing absolutely baffles me as does Carroll. After such high hopes for the summer it seems to have been extremely reactionary. Disappointing.

Guest Craig-NUFC

I don't think they had much clue on how this summer was going to pan out at the beginning, mind. Pardew was mentioning that we'd be having people in early and get them through pre-season with us, then obviously there was the euro's so no movement because of that and a lack of any bidding, then some very low offers that have been ridiculed.

It was always going to be very difficult to reach the heights of last summer, and even arguing the most important thing was to keep players goes no way in explaining why you're not firmly bidding for players you want then.

We need at least 2 for me. I still think our midfield is stronger minus the Anita signing than our defence or front line is without a singing. The Clyne thing absolutely baffles me as does Carroll. After such high hopes for the summer it seems to have been extremely reactionary. Disappointing.

Clyne went to a club that could guarantee first team football and as for Carroll, I doubt many clubs would pay £20m for a squad player.

It's the same for Douglas and De Jong. We can't guarantee them first team football, so it's understandable that they'd turn us down in order to play regularly at another club.

Newcastle will only accept offers for Argentine defender Fabricio Coloccini, Ivorian midfielder Cheick Tiote or French playmaker Yohan Cabaye if they are too good to turn down.

Full story: Independen

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/newcastle-will-demand-huge-fees-for-star-players-in-final-days-of-the-transfer-window-8084412.html

Newcastle will only accept offers for Argentine defender Fabricio Coloccini, Ivorian midfielder Cheick Tiote or French playmaker Yohan Cabaye if they are too good to turn down.

Full story: Independen

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/newcastle-will-demand-huge-fees-for-star-players-in-final-days-of-the-transfer-window-8084412.html

Nothing new... People thinking we'd sell for £10-15m etc obviously will just believe what they want to believe...

Get Debuchy in Pards. Just do it, sell Danny if you have too and he will be much cheaper. Danny £3m, Debuchy £8m. There we go, its at least a £20m improvement if he plays like at the Euro and the odd game Ive seen of Lille.

I need some parameters on what a 'major' signing means. I'm giddy right now.

If Liverpool bite the bullet and accept £12m for Carroll maybe... Hardly gets the pulse racing...

"There were funds available for a major signing but sadly we ran out of time to spend it"

Pardew September 1st

More of undecided how to spend it. Deciding on whether to invest on the defence or attack took too long imo until we ran out of time.

Feel a bit sorry for Pardew as the board do not seem to be backing him but yet again he will have to be the one to front up to the criticism and try and deflect any flak away from Ashley and Llambias.

And all that talk of having a Plan B, C etc if they can't land their first choice seems to be rather hollow now.

I hope he stops this talk of challenging for the Top 4 as unless they are misleading everyone and there are signings lined up, I just don't see how we can repeat what we did last year.