NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Meh, I see it as no different to Colo and Enrique. Should we have sold them after their bad first six months?

Neither had a bad first 6 months.

Incorrect.

Think what you like, man. Both looked good players to me and I said it at the time.

Jose and Colo both showed flashes that they could be good players, they just didn't perform consistently. Colo's price tag along with our terrible season that year made it seem a ton worse then he really was. Hard to blame a foreign player for not being able to adjust given all the chaos going on then.

Back to this team, I think all of our January signing have shown flashes. It's hard to expect them to all hit the ground running in the middle of the season, in the "best league in the world". I think Cisse's run last season after he signed probably raised expectations for the average fan that these guys would be the same. Cisse's form was really a fluke (unfortunately) which he probably won't ever hit again.

enrique looked good straingt away, very good defensively and a little shy going forward, can't understand why allardyce took so long to play him. colo looked decent on the ball but poor and soft defensively, took a decent chunk of the championship season for him to get the hang of it.

He had two iffy games against a good side who've always given him problems in West Brom but looked colossal for the rest of the Championship season.

the start of the championship season we were saying how the difference was that we were taking our chances and the oppo werent. we didn't defend well, just the oppo werent up to taking their chances.

Unfortunately we appear to have quite a few Danny Simpson loyalists amongst our ranks who will pick up on absolutely anything Debuchy does wrong.  It's quite sad but I've seen/heard quite a few at games.

Some Northern Irish wazzock I know loves Danny Simpson because he "made 5 goal line clearances" the other season, as though that's the absolute benchmark of being a good defender.

Absolute moron.

I've come to accept that most football fans are complete and utter morons. This board is definitely not a microcosm of society (and yes, I do think there is a higher level of football intelligence here than in society at large).

Cabaye to PSG for a mere £15m in the Daily Star too. Not enough obviously and apparently Ashley's favourite player. If they threw in Sakho and/or maybe Gameiro plus cash I would personally consider it.

Guest taps01

I see cabaye is linked with Psg and Monaco again today.  It seem invitable that we are going to lose at least one of our blue chip players. 

I see cabaye is linked with Psg and Monaco again today.  It seem invitable that we are going to lose at least one of our blue chip players. 

Not many clubs anywhere go 2 summers with a first-team player leaving. (I know Ba went but that was due to the clause in his contract).

If someone does go, as long as they're replaced properly it should be ok.

Guest taps01

Not many clubs anywhere go 2 summers with a first-team player leaving. (I know Ba went but that was due to the clause in his contract).

Very true...it's the moneybag type clubs that are after our players that makes me think we will sell.

Very true...it's the moneybag type clubs that are after our players that makes me think we will sell.

That was meant to say without not with.

Guest taps01

That was meant to say without not with.

I know what you meant..