NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Llambias' interview back in march suggested we were going to be spending considering how our accounts looked, whereas the Journal article seems fairly baseless.

I'm quietly confident we'll have a decent, albeit frustrating, window.  Although I do see one or two 'big' names being shipped out.

Never been less excited about a transfer window tbh.

Any reason this one is particularly foreboding? We've had some pretty bad ones in recent years.

I think the transfer market is increasingly polarised.

The likes of Man City spunking 25m here and there, a handful of other clubs trying to keep pace with them, then the rest of the league, coming to terms with the idea of wage and transfer restraint and looking for value above all else.

Not that that is a bad thing. I do think it'll be the sort of factor which seperates the good managers from the less good.

I don't really see many big names attracting big enough bids to get Ashley to let them go, after the season we've had. Nobody is paying a fortune for Tiote or Ben Arfa at this point, probably Cabaye either. PSG and Monaco might make noises about French players but they seem to actually sign very few.

Our bigger problem will be if players want to leave of their own accord.

Yep, if they're desperate I suppose. I don't think they will be though.

If they're just a bit unhappy then I doubt we'll let them bail out.

Unhappy players tend not to give good performances. Not to say for certain but it's tendency that's been well and numerously times observed.

Yep, if they're desperate I suppose. I don't think they will be though.

If they're just a bit unhappy then I doubt we'll let them bail out.

Unhappy players tend not to give good performances. Not to say for certain but it's tendency that's been well and numerously times observed.

Sure, but they might just be unhappy after a poor season and quite easily turned around with a good pre-season/start. I think our group is solid enough not to just fall apart as easily as that. A lot of them have just arrived.

sure they'll happy on the beach for a few weeks, then get back to training watching videos of how to stop norwich from tearing us to shreds at SJP or whatever the fuck it is pardew has them doing (that isn't actually football coaching)

hopefully reality doesn't dawn on them 'til the window is shut

Any reason this one is particularly foreboding? We've had some pretty bad ones in recent years.

Time heals all wounds, there has been a lot less exciting windows( at least potentially) than this since the existence of a transfer window.

Time heals all wounds, there has been a lot less exciting windows( at least potentially) than this since the existence of a transfer window.

"Keeping our powder dry"

Same here, I don't think we're going to make any serious progress as a squad, it'll be more of the same. I also don't have any faith in Pardew organising the team into anything with a particular style. Might just go and throw myself under a bus :lol:

Same here, I don't think we're going to make any serious progress as a squad, it'll be more of the same. I also don't have any faith in Pardew organising the team into anything with a particular style. Might just go and throw myself under a bus :lol:

More of the same quality as Yanga-Mbiwa, Sissoko, Debuchy and Goufrran sounds good to me.  I agree on Pardew of course but players we sign this window can still be here when he's sacked so good signings will still excite me for the future.

Agreed.  That writing was on the wall when we failed to reinforce last summer.

Guest bimpy474

I fear Colo going, we were a total mess at the back without him. The timing of his return saved us tbh.

For sure,  I was impressed by Mbiwas last few games albeit at left back. I just hope he can step up.

Id be impressed if the club sign a experienced centre back,  unlikely though.

For sure,  I was impressed by Mbiwas last few games albeit at left back. I just hope he can step up.

Yanga-Mbiwa will be a quality player for us, but i'm not sure he's a direct replacement for Colo. If Colo is leaving you hope the club has something sorted out and he's replaced with proven quality.

Guest bimpy474

Aye Mapou did look good at LB, i can't see us signing a experienced CB though, maybe in games played. It'll be a Tomkins or Shawcross type rather than a Lescott or Jagielka.

I still think they will stick to the age thing but look for someone who has played in the Premier League.

I fully expect these puss filled cock boils to fuck up royally again.  No good feel factor at all with the tactical genius Pardew at the helm, and Derek pretending he has a clue what he's doing.