NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Benny McCarthy is finished, man.  Look at yourselves.

http://kenfitlike.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mick-mccarthy-gif.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2368853/mick-mccarthy-scared-o.gif

http://balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/mick1-426x200.jpeg

So why is this thread alive? Isn't it obvious that we won't be signing anyone this window anymore. Might as well squash expectations now rather than live in hope for another week or so and come to the same conclusion in the last few frantic hours of the transfer window. Quite how we are supposed to survive this season with a weaker squad (and weaker first team if Cabaye is sold and not replaced) is beyond me. Supporting Newcastle have never been this painful. 

He's completely average.

That's what I thought just from the YT video, might be a decent holding midfield player, but I really don't see where Wigan are getting this £15m valuation from. Not that it matters as I don't think our interest is serious anyway.

He's completely average.

That's what I thought just from the YT video, might be a decent holding midfield player, but I really don't see where Wigan are getting this £15m valuation from. Not that it matters as I don't think our interest is serious anyway.

Thought I was the only one who didn't want him at all.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-kinnear-re-locate-newcastle-before-5788488

United are hopeful of finally landing a striker in the next six days and The Journal understands they have identified a Ligue 1 target who fits the bill.

The player is not understood to be Marseille’s Andre Ayew, who Kinnear watched over the weekend.

Yet another Frenchman in seems.

Guest bimpy474

Joe Kinnear is set to be at St James’ Park for the crucial Fulham clash on Saturday as he finally re-locates to Newcastle in the run-up to Monday’s transfer deadline.

Kinnear has been stationed in London since his appointment but The Journal understands that Newcastle’s controversial director of football will be in the North East from the early part of this week until deadline day as United make a final, desperate push to resolve the transfer issues that have been floating around the club all summer.

United are hopeful of finally landing a striker in the next six days and The Journal understands they have identified a Ligue 1 target who fits the bill.

The player is not understood to be Marseille’s Andre Ayew, who Kinnear watched over the weekend.

The director of football gave another interview to a national newspaper yesteday in which he claimed that Alan Pardew was happy with his current squad, but there is a recognition within the club that not bringing in another new face would be unacceptable.

They have been offered Ayew and Blackburn forward Jordan Rhodes by agents, but Newcastle’s scrutiny is elsewhere as Kinnear attempts to negotiate the striker signing that he was tasked with at the start of the summer.

Kinnear’s presence this week may also push along the ongoing Yohan Cabaye saga. The Journal understands Cabaye did not train yesterday as all parties continue to wait on a possible second bid from Arsenal, who had a first offer of £10million rejected.

The Gunners have been told to cough up £20m – which they are unwilling to do – but Newcastle may accept a figure closer to £18m for the player.

Either way time is of the essence for United, who are running out of time to source a replacement for the French playmaker.

Kinnear is running out of time to prove his appointment and his assertion that the negativity surrounding Newcastle was unjustified will not have gone down well.

In an interview with a national newspaper he said: “Alan Pardew has signed 16 players costing £60m in the last two years, Newcastle United’s wage bill is now comfortably in the top 10 in the country, and he will continue to get all the support the club can reasonably provide.

“Before the season started, we had sat down and agreed the squad was big enough, and strong enough, to finish in the top half of the table. But we are working together – not plotting against each other.

“There seems to be a perception, from outside the club, that we are at loggerheads, but I don’t know why people are jumping on the bandwagon because it is a false picture.”

One bright spot from the weekend was the form of Vurnon Anita, who returned to the first team with a smart performance against West Ham and will continue in the team on Saturday.

“As a player you always want to play, and against West Ham was my chance to play and show what I can do. It is up to the coach to decide if I play the next game or not. I feel like I did my best.

“I liked playing in that role alongside Moussa [sissoko], but that’s not up to me. That’s up to the coach to decide. If he plays us, if he plays me, I am ready.”

Anita is not worried about the lack of goals either. He is certain that they will return in time. “We have focused a lot on keeping the ball,” he said. “The second half we showed it . We had plenty of little one-twos, but we didn’t score. That’s the only negative point.

“The only way we can turn the possession in to shots and goals is if we work on our movement in the final third a bit more. We need to get in behind the strikers. Little things like that. As long as we are patient, keep the ball, then those doors will open up for us.”

Guest bimpy474

I used to hate it when people used to say 'sign player x, he has to be better than Shola', but I'm in that category now. Shocking.

Identified, it says. Yes until we try to buy him for fuck all, then we can identify the shit of him until the window slams shut.

McCarthys family live over the road from my in laws, i'll get some ITK shit for yous by the end of the day.

Actually i think they might have moved once he made a few quid, if that's the case i'll just make it up.

McCarthys family live over the road from my in laws, i'll get some ITK shit for yous by the end of the day.

Actually i think they might have moved once he made a few quid, if that's the case i'll just make it up.

Just make sure you tell us you've got some really good information but you can't tell us what it is first.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-kinnear-re-locate-newcastle-before-5788488

Yet another Frenchman in seems.

More wish washy statements i see.

we are only hopefully it's remarkable how often the goalposts move at SJP

Guest chopey

I think we all know that nobody will come in until Cabaye is gone and there is a good chance we could spend some if not all of that cash to meet our magic break even point, the problem is that Cabaye might not go till next Monday night, so our transfers might not happen till January.

By then we will probably use some of the Cabaye cash to pay off Pardew, instal Kinnear and then buy some Wigan players in January.

Just make sure you tell us you've got some really good information but you can't tell us what it is first.

Big, BIG news re: McCarthy. Can't say what just yet but watch this space...