NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Howaythetoon

£6m on Defoe? Think about the accounts people. We'll do a Leeds Portsmouth spending that kind of money on 30 something proven Premier League goalscorers if we aren't careful.

Well either way tomorrow we will see.

If we don't get anyone in it'll be down to the club being cheap imo

There has been an endless list of strikers, wingers, defenders and midfielders we could have brought in that would have improved our team, most of which have moved to clubs for reasonable prices too. Yet again posturing about finding "the right players" then having no intention of bidding enough to get them.

I like most hear still harbor hopes about us getting someone in tmrw, despite trying to downplay expectations we will still be absolutely fuming when nothing happens.

This window reminds me of the SBR/Bowyer year. Also quite like last year, we have both a real need and chance to improve the squad to compete. There is zero intention of that happening though at what was formally our club.

Well either way tomorrow we will see.

If we don't get anyone in it'll be down to the club being cheap imo

There has been an endless list of strikers, wingers, defenders and midfielders we could have brought in that would have improved our team, most of which have moved to clubs for reasonable prices too. Yet again posturing about finding "the right players" then having no intention of bidding enough to get them.

I like most hear still harbor hopes about us getting someone in tmrw, despite trying to downplay expectations we will still be absolutely fuming when nothing happens.

This window reminds me of the SBR/Bowyer year. Also quite like last year, we have both a real need and chance to improve the squad to compete. There is zero intention of that happening though at what was formally our club.

It's quite sad we have so little faith in the club.

No way was Sturridge a realistic option after Carroll like. As a loan, yes but we'd not have been able to buy him at that stage.

Based on what? After he came back from Bolton, he spent another season and a half as a bit part player at Chelsea. We should have laid down £15-20m that summer and got him.

Completely agree and thought so at the time, not even certain it would have cost 15-20m to get him either.

Imagine if we had Sturridge and Remy.  :rolleyes:

Guest neesy111

@LukeEdwardsTele: Right then #nufc fans probably best to go into deadline day expecting to see no new signings whatsoever. I fear that is going to be the case

Hate that guy

He's speaking the truth ffs.  Least he isn't spouting out ridiculous rumours to us.

@LukeEdwardsTele: Right then #nufc fans probably best to go into deadline day expecting to see no new signings whatsoever. I fear that is going to be the case

Hate that guy

He's speaking the truth ffs.  Least he isn't spouting out ridiculous rumours to us.

Yea I'm not a fan either but i get the feeling he's on the money here.

Guest neesy111

Hate that guy

Well obvs yeah :lol: doesn't have to be quite so wanky about it does he? FFS man

Nothing wanky about it tbh. 

No way was Sturridge a realistic option after Carroll like. As a loan, yes but we'd not have been able to buy him at that stage.

That would have depended on how much Chelsea wanted Torres.

It's a moot point, we'd have never matched, or bettered, his wages.  Same goes for Defoe, he'll be a pretty high earner at Spurs & would want the same if not more to move.  I don't believe we'd pay more than 60-70k per week for a player at the moment.

Tonight is the first time I'm getting seriously worried about not bringing anyone in. Maybe it was false optimism until now and not learning lessons from the past, but I thought we were playing the Gomis situation well. Could've seen us pursuing Thauvin too. But things have gone silent at the wrong time. :(

Guest neesy111

Hate that guy

Well obvs yeah :lol: doesn't have to be quite so wanky about it does he? FFS man

Nothing wanky about it tbh.

What apart from spelling out what everyone has already said on here/twitter/everywhere else for the majority of the window.  I'm glad he managed to tell me what to expect though, I'd have not known otherwise

:serious:

Exactly, why spout anything? Especially as he is making it clear he has absolutely no insight whatsoever and is just freaking out like the rest of us.

"I fear that is going to be the case"  =  The club tell me nothing so its guesswork from me

Just shut the hell up Luke.

Tonight is the first time I'm getting seriously worried about not bringing anyone in. Maybe it was false optimism until now and not learning lessons from the past, but I thought we were playing the Gomis situation well. Could've seen us pursuing Thauvin too. But things have gone silent at the wrong time. :(

Happened the last few windows now. Who was our last deadline day signing?