NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Exactly, why spout anything? Especially as he is making it clear he has absolutely no insight whatsoever and is just freaking out like the rest of us.

"I fear that is going to be the case"  =  The club tell me nothing so its guesswork from me

Just shut the hell up Luke.

Basically this. It's just s*** stirring and pointless

I really don't see what was wrong with his tweet.

Anyone who genuinely believes we're going to sign someone is off their tits.

Am I allowed to hope, at least?

As long as you are prepared to reap the teary rage filled consequences..

Always.

The problem that must be there is that the players who can really improve the side, like Aubemyang, are also being chased by CL clubs. Gomis seems to be the one we've got closest to, but even he seems to be hanging on for a move to Marseilles.

The previous regime would overcome a player's reluctance by throwing money at them. This lot won't. It's a long-term strategy and it's not clear yet that it's the wrong one.

I don't believe that the club are deliberately planting false rumours about bids, or making bids that they know won't succeed, just to look good. They are strict about going down the Freddie garden path, though.

The problem that must be there is that the players who can really improve the side, like Aubemyang, are also being chased by CL clubs. Gomis seems to be the one we've got closest to, but even he seems to be hanging on for a move to Marseilles.

The previous regime would overcome a player's reluctance by throwing money at them. This lot won't. It's a long-term strategy and it's not clear yet that it's the wrong one.

I don't believe that the club are deliberately planting false rumours about bids, or making bids that they know won't succeed, just to look good. They are strict about going down the Freddie garden path, though.

What about the likes of Tom Ince or Andre Ayew? Wouldn't they improve the side? While it would be great to sign a striker, it would be nice to strengthen in other areas of the pitch as well.

There are plenty of decent players that have moved that would have improved us both immediately and long term.

Sinclair, Redmond, Lens, Belhanda and now Moses just to name a few could have covered our left wing issue. Ince still could.

The striker situation like you say is harder. Reliable goalscorers cost a lot of money. there are certainly players out there though.

There are plenty of decent players that have moved that would have improved us both immediately and long term.

Sinclair, Redmond, Lens, Belhanda and now Moses just to name a few could have covered our left wing issue. Ince still could.

The striker situation like you say is harder. Reliable goalscorers cost a lot of money. there are certainly players out there though.

Ince is coming.

What about the likes of Tom Ince or Andre Ayew? Wouldn't they improve the side? While it would be great to sign a striker, it would be nice to strengthen in other areas of the pitch as well.

Ince I'm not convinced about at all. Nobody seems to be taking the plunge, for the price they're asking.

I don't know much about Ayew, or why we haven't landed him, but he's already playing for a CL club, and may well need a bit of persuading to drop out of that echelon.

The player that was surely within our means and IMO would have been a great asset is Redmond. I can't believe he's ended up at Norwich.

I don't know every player in Europe, so I can't debate every possible signing. But other clubs are competing for the best players and at the moment we're not that attractive.

Personally think we are two good players from having a very good starting eleven. ( As long as Taylor, Jonas, Tiote and Shola stay the f*ck away)

But the club don't seem to give a shit as we will probably stay up. ( as depressing as that sounds)

I think we are already there tbh -

Krul, Debuchy, MYM, Colo, Santon, Anita, Cabaye, Sissoko, Remy, Cisse and Ben Arfa.

That is a very good starting 11 imo. It's what happens when a few of them get injured where we really need to worry. Gouffran, Saylor, Marveaux slot in well if used right, then we have a few question mark players and a few good for the odd game players.

We need some quality players for when some of our best (and some injury prone) players are out.