NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Who cares what we paid for him?  That's got nothing to do with what he's worth to the club now.

Although i think this story is cobblers, i think the last few post are wrong in how the Ashley/Lamparse look at it. The clubs policy is to buy younger players with resale value, the scenario discussed is exactly what they would love.

Buy him for £5m, sell him for £18m.........perfect for the current owner.

Just pointing what they have stated in the past, dont agree with it like.

Yep, that's the point i was getting at.

I bet a lot of people thought we wouldn't turn down £20m for Carroll either, I have no doubt Ben Arfa has a price (like all players) but I do disagree that we would accept the first offer and Ashley works on a 'a profit is a profit' basis.

Guest bimpy474

I actually think despite what all of us are saying and might reckon on what we would/wouldn't sell at, we haven't a clue what the club would do.

We only have the Carroll sale to judge it on. Its the next big sale that'll tell us more and until then we are all just guessing.

My post from earlier where i used the figure of £18m for Ben Arfa, i only quoted that figure as it had been used on earlier posts. In no way would i sell him for that.

I actually think despite what all of us are saying and might reckon on what we would/wouldn't sell at, we haven't a clue what the club would do.

We only have the Carroll sale to judge it on. Its the next big sale that'll tell us more and until then we are all just guessing.

My post from earlier where i used the figure of £18m for Ben Arfa, i only quoted that figure as it had been used on earlier posts. In no way would i sell him for that.

a few have been making these points for months, the carroll sale was a one off given the fee that any club would have took. there is no evidence yet that the club will sell anyone just to make a profit like so many want to make out.

Guest bimpy474

a few have been making these points for months, the carroll sale was a one off given the fee that any club would have took. there is no evidence yet that the club will sell anyone just to make a profit like so many want to make out.

Spot on ;)

I bet a lot of people thought we wouldn't turn down £20m for Carroll either, I have no doubt Ben Arfa has a price (like all players) but I do disagree that we would accept the first offer and Ashley works on a 'a profit is a profit' basis.

Turned down £30m too. He'd still be here if Liverpool stopped there.

Though the club has stated if another irresistable offer is made for one of our stars, they will be gone. Though we can guarantee well be getting a cracker deal, and we'll aim to replace them with a player of equal talent or the potential to be better for a far better price.

Thank god for Liverpools generosity

Selling players is fine by me as long as the money is used to grow and develop the squad. It is inevitable that some players will be sold off but as long as we develop I have no problem with this - I mean 25 mill is serious money for any of our players tbh and you would expect we could bring in at least 2 players with that sort of cash.

I know it is unlikely and I love watching Ben Arfa but he does not influence the games on a consistent basis like other players out there

Thank god for Liverpools generosity

:pow:

RAWK FYP

it is soooo boring reading about peoples paranoia on here. of coz all players have a price like the players at man u , city, barca etc have. nothing new. If a big/acceptable offer comes in and the player wants to leave...what can you do? keep him and let him unsettle half the squad?

Nothing have shown us that ashley/pardew are willing to let our best players leave cheaply. They are trying to build a team which takes 2-4 years...after that them you have to rebuild in several postions probably.

i have full confident that our best players will be here next season. After that it is difficult to say....maybe things can influence that....playing time, league position etc.

this season we will see the strongest Nufc team since the late 90´s.

GET EXCITED!!!

it is soooo boring reading about peoples paranoia on here. of coz all players have a price like the players at man u , city, barca etc have. nothing new. If a big/acceptable offer comes in and the player wants to leave...what can you do? keep him and let him unsettle half the squad?

Nothing have shown us that ashley/pardew are willing to let our best players leave cheaply. They are trying to build a team which takes 2-4 years...after that them you have to rebuild in several postions probably.

i have full confident that our best players will be here next season. After that it is difficult to say....maybe things can influence that....playing time, league position etc.

this season we will see the strongest Nufc team since the late 90´s.

GET EXCITED!!!

Dont want to be a downer .. but the year we got relegated I genuinely thought we were going to finish top 4 at the start of the season. Keegan was our manager, we were making moves for Pablo Aimar for some creative spark, talk of Schweinsteiger coming. Coloccini came in. We had a strike force of Martins, Owen and Viduka. One of the best right backs in the league, in Beye. You just never know what can happen in football.