NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

An interesting hypothetical came to me. Torres is clearly unhappy at Chelsea, and recently I think I’ve seen glimpses of him recovering his best form.

If you were offered a Cisse – Torres swap, would you take it? (assuming Torres would want to come and wages could be sorted etc etc)

I would.

:serious:

An interesting hypothetical came to me. Torres is clearly unhappy at Chelsea, and recently I think I’ve seen glimpses of him recovering his best form.

If you were offered a Cisse – Torres swap, would you take it? (assuming Torres would want to come and wages could be sorted etc etc)

I would.

I wouldn't. Torres could be finished for all we know and has it all to prove that he can recover his goal scoring touch. Cisse will get better

I would.

:serious:

No way! Cisse has scored more goals in half a season than Torres has in his last 2 seasons. He is younger, hungrier. No, no way

Guest Shaun

I would.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4egeg5FZk1qkjvcco1_400.gif

Guest Shaun

I think Chelsea would try and do a deal with Atletico for Falcao if Torres goes anywhere.

Torres + £20m or something.

I would.

:kasper:

No, no, no. Torres would not come here, and why risk it? Cisse scores goals, Torres not so much at the moment.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVJo-FcuayUTRXXMGy2O7yqrEfMFwYSa3hrDV81xBIT2aDmAC7ag

If you look at the situation regarding the squad more peripherially, I think Ashley holds the trump cards in the negotiating processes:

As I see it, the following points seem applicable:

.  We have a decent squad with a very good spine.

.  The spirit within the club from the top down is excellent.

.  Our squad is full oof good young to youngish players, hopefully greedy for success.

.  We are probably one of the most financially stable clubs in the country.

.  We have a host of highly valued players, the envy of many clubs and we do NOT have to sell to survive.

.  The players all seem to want to stay and drive the club further.

.  Ashley seems to be determined to fund a higher quality and standard of academy player therefore raising the value of his assets as they develop.

.  Ashley is a tough negotiator as shown countless times in the past. Look at the Andy Carroll transfer, the fact he got an extra million out of WHU for Kieron Dyer and the fact he is [repared to walk away from negotiations for players he sees as over valued (Cisse case as example) in order to get his man or equivalent at a lower cost.

.  Ashley is aligning the club to the new financial fair play rulings which are coming in by ensuring the club is self sufficient which is something moast other PL clubs are unable gto do as they all carry horrendous debt, with the exception of the likes of City and Chelsea. Take a look at Spurs, liverpool, Sunderland, Bolton, QPR etc whno have all extended themselves in recent times and will now find it more difficult to adhere to FFP. With the club being basically debt free (other than what we owe Ashley himself), no interest payments to banks, the decisions to pay transfer fees in total up front, we could find ourselves at the sharp end being able to afford better players due to our policies whilst other clubs like the aforementioned struggle in the free transfer and loan market. Liverpool have already stated a reduction in funds available, as have Sunderland and when you look at the b usiness Spurs did in January by selling Pavluchenko andf others whilst bringing in Saha and Nelson on loan tells me that these clubs are struggling and will continue to do so because they have extended themselves to much.

.  This would mean that any outgoing transfer fees for our best players would be at premium levels to only top financially stable clubs and we should have the whip hand in the negotiating processes.

All in all, like him or loathe him, Ashley has pulled our club up by the bootlaces and in the near future, we wil be the envy of many the way we are run and I have no doubt, our model will be copied by most others.

Sorry for the long post but I dont think I am being over optimistic but more of an insight into a very good future for NUFC.

This O0 Excellent post.

In addition, the mission statement that was made (this time last year I think) contained a very interesting change in policy with regards to transfers.

Basically it was along the lines that transfer fees would be paid in full, up front, in a timely manner. THIS IS KEY.

It's a step change away from our previous dealings (as was alluded to in the statement) with part payments/staggered payment etc being the "industry" standard.

Now it's inconceivable to me that this policy wouldn't be enforced for out going transfers as well. It's simply our "terms and conditions" of transfer business.

Obviously we'll never see the finer details of the deals (although I'd like to) but if this is the case, it puts us/Ashley/NUFC in a great position when it comes to the in's and out's.

Imagine a situation like Cisse, valued at £12 million. Let say *unnamed FC" offer £11 million, NUFC offer £8.5 million. We've no chance of doing that deal, right?

Well, let drill down into *unnamed FC's" deal. They're offering £4 million up front, another £2 million at the end of next season and then yearly payments of £2 million until it's paid.

NUFC, £8.5 million, BACS transfer into your account by the end of the week. Job done.

Certainly changes the landscape when you view it like that.

Equally, demanding full payment up front for outbound transfers narrows your window for buying clubs but increases your chances of getting that payment as your dealing with clubs with a big enough leverage on debt to swallow your terms to get the player.

I would.

:lol:

I would.

good fucking lord

I would.

EPIC FAIL!

I would.

Nice try, Roberto.

Torres' composure in front of goal was awful while at Atlético, it's the side of his game he improved the most when he left. He was always the kind of player that got himself in a lot of scoring positions but tended to fluff them (he was very young though, composure is something that naturally improves).

Torres' composure in front of goal was awful while at Atlético, it's the side of his game he improved the most when he left. He was always the kind of player that got himself in a lot of scoring positions but tended to fluff them (he was very young though, composure is something that naturally improves).

Higuain used to be like that too, but look at him now. :sweetjesus:

I would.

Whatever you've been taking, I'll have half. I don't want to get THAT bad.

I would.

Ok no 1 have you seen Torres lately? he only seems to have a vague notion on where the goal is and what to do with it. No 2 like Torres would come here on our wage structure

I would.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ScHH8BGvB2c/T378r8YbSDI/AAAAAAAABXE/IF-K2gCucWE/s1600/mother+of+god+meme.JPG