NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Did Pardew actually say that about a "very very good player" being 'lined up'. If I wanted to be ridiculously optimistic I'd be hoping for Samba and the board are beginning to change policy over dealings.

Did Pardew actually say that about a "very very good player" being 'lined up'. If I wanted to be ridiculously optimistic I'd be hoping for Samba and the board are beginning to change policy over dealings.

Pardew mentioned something about the defender being able to "slot into the team quite easily" iirc.

Guest bimpy474

Douglas is under impression that we are signing a very good defender, and are quite a way down the line with it and it might be very soon.

@MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Moves for Williams, Cissokho & Tomkins all but ruled out, incidentally. #nufc  <----not any of these 3 it seems.

He also ruled out Ridgewell, Benalouane and Baines, bearing in mind he didn't know a thing about Cisse, not how serious we can take all this.

Ruled out Vertonghen and Mbiwa since this, too.

Also don't think it's Rhys Williams or Samba.

Could be Douglas from FC Twente, if it isn't him it looks like its going to be one not mentioned before.

It'll be a player 90% of the forum have never heard of before and by the time the season finished we will all be shitting ourselves over a rumour of a £20m release clause :snod:

but 90% of them will claim to have watched him week in/out for a year as they have an intrest in valenciennes or nurnburg or roda.

Guest bimpy474

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

They like Douglas but maybe next window. Always worth buying the Sunday Sun: plenty of news in there!!

Hm.

Think that rules Douglas as the one he's on about, JS's Peters suggestion could be a goer.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

They like Douglas but maybe next window. Always worth buying the Sunday Sun: plenty of news in there!!

Hm.

Think that rules Douglas as the one he's on about, JS's Peters suggestion could be a goer.

Isn't Pieters injured?

It'll be a player 90% of the forum have never heard of before and by the time the season finished we will all be shitting ourselves over a rumour of a £20m release clause :snod:

but 90% of them will claim to have watched him week in/out for a year as they have an intrest in valenciennes or nurnburg or roda.

After actually going to a Nürnberg game this season I hope it's none of their players.

After actually going to a Nürnberg game this season I hope it's none of their players.

he was suspended and injured that day

Guest bimpy474

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Hm.

Isn't Pieters injured?

He is but due back from that injury soon i think, reckon its going to turn out to be a surprise myself.

Guest bimpy474

I think Douglas is a better shout for a pre-contract deal.

Very good shout but if we sign a good player now it could rule that out, we would have 4 centre halfs and unless we let one of Saylor, Williamson or Colo go in the summer i think we would stick with the 4.

Depends who it is, if it is Pieters we could still sign Douglas in the summer and play Pieters left back.

Also means Williamson would keep his place, we move Santon to right back and Pieters play left back but an injury to a centre back and we move Pieters central, Santon left back and Simpson back in at right back.