NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest BooBoo

Just wondering if the club are being deliberately evasive as to confirming pre season plans because they don't want the morons that ended up Darlington last year, running amock this summer? Just a thought.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Carver's on Turtle Sport tonight. Might give some tips.

Did he say anything interesting?

Take it he wasn't on then?

Carver's on Turtle Sport tonight. Might give some tips.

Did he say anything interesting?

Take it he wasn't on then?

He was on, though I only caught the last 5mins of him. Can probs listen again on their website at some point.

I think Good is our 19-23 CB signing. We will sign someone older ie Douglas for sure imo.

If Colo or Saylor get laid out again we are lumbered with Williamson who does his best for sure but if he is then injured I wouldnt want to extend trust in an unexperienced CB especially if he is new to the league. We need a fourth experienced CB to go into the starting 11 and fight with Saylor.

First four:  Colo, Douglas, Saylor, Williamson

Backup:  Perch, Good, Tavernier, Streete (wouldnt be too far out of his depth by all accounts)

Sakho sounds like a perfect signing.. but I'd expect we are hesitant not only because he will demand first team football (as i am sure Douglas would too) but we are very particular with the characters we are signing and maybe haven't done the research we have with other targets.

Hoping we get Anita which would give us another solid option for LB and CM.

Hard to tell exactly what we are looking for. The club as usual are playing their cards close to their chest and killing expectations by saying a couple of signings, yet it sees clear we are in the very least looking at a CB, RB, Winger and Striker. Then there have been mentions of strengthening central midfield and leftback.

I like how we are building the developmental squad but we are sorely lacking a up and coming young striker. We have Sameobi and Moyo but they are more wingers-cum strikers at best. Be shocked if we dont end up buying two strikers this summer.

Agree with most of this. Would be happy if we signed some of the players we have really been strongly linked with:

Debuchy or similar: simply the most essential signing imo. Should really make the most drastic improvement to our team.

Douglas/Sakho: we desperately need more CB's don't want what very predictably happened at Nowich etc to happen again this season that cost us a few very precious points. I am a Taylor fan and would probably start with Taylor but his fitness record is very worrying. Hope he has a great season.

Hoilett - What an awesome exciting young talent!! Scores, keeps the ball and very very creative with great passing. Which is great when we have the likes of Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa and Cabaye to finish. Really exactly what we need on the left, should slot in beautifully well in either 442 or 433. We need to push the boat out as far as we can to get him. Not cheap wages he is apparently demanding i know, but doubt we will be able to get a better player for less in that position. Really suited to our team. Give him same wages but make it up in a signing on fee/bonuses? Really would be great for us imo. Shame he's probably going elsewhere for the money. If we do play 433, Ba as much as i like him looks a little like round peg in a square hole at times in that position.

Anita -Looks to be a fantastic squad player or even starter to really hot up competition for places. Good to have an alternative to Santon in particular, but will also be pushing Jonas and Tiote hard for a slot in the team.

Krul                                                                    or                                Krul

Debuchy  Taylor  Colo  Jonas                                                              Debuchy  Taylor  Colo  Santon

Ben Arfa    Cabaye  Tiote  Hoilett                                                                Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Cisse  Ba                                                                                      Ben Arfa                Hoilett

Cisse

Subs: Harper, Douglas,Willo, Santon, Anita, Marveaux, Shola            Subs: Harper, Douglas,Willo, Anita, Marveaux, Shola, Ba

Can't see Ba on the bench seems an outrageous waste of a fantasic player. But Ben Arfa and Cisse were on fire at the back end of last season and Ba looks like a spare part at times in a 433.

We have some great youngsters pushing as well. Can't wait to see some of them.

Guest Roger Kint

Jonas LB over Santon, fucking hell man  :idiot2:

Crazy.

Also, we won't be buying Hoillett.

I didnt want to go into that as well as the idea of spending £8m on Anita only to not pick him in either of those sides :lol:

Although, i can't see us spending 8m on Anita. 6.5m at most i reckon, although because he can play in multiple positions. He probably is attractive enough to make us spend more than we would initially. Still cant see us spending 8m though.

Although, i can't see us spending 8m on Anita. 6.5m at most i reckon, although because he can play in multiple positions. He probably is attractive enough to make us spend more than we would initially. Still cant see us spending 8m though.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000812667/polls_DudeThatsGay_4807_628287_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Jonas LB over Santon, f***ing hell man  :idiot2:

I like Santon he will hopefully be alot better this season as he was in flashes last season, but he struggled quite alot deffensively in some games last year and Pardew took Santon off and put Jonas LB instead. So is Pardew the man who got us to 5th last year crazy as well? Jonas is too good to leave out of our team and i think Pardew would pick him over Santon if it's a straight forward choice between the both of them for 1 position.  Just my opinion, no need to get upset honey  :rolleyes:

Crazy.

The all knowing oracle has spoken  :lol:

Don't need to be an oracle, when practically every tabloid in the country have said he has priced himself out of a move due to his wage demands. :lol:

Also Jonas is a crap LB, he should only play there in absolute emergencies.

Crazy.

The all knowing oracle has spoken  :lol:

Don't need to be an oracle, when practically every tabloid in the country have said he has priced himself out of a move due to his wage demands. :lol:

Also Jonas is a crap LB, he should only play there in absolute emergencies.

look at what you typed man. will he stay at blackburn cos no-one is offering him what he wants. either someone will give him that or his demands will drop. either way he'll not be at blackburn in september.

Guest Roger Kint

I like Santon he will hopefully be alot better this season as he was in flashes last season, but he struggled quite alot deffensively in some games last year and Pardew took Santon off and put Jonas LB instead. So is Pardew the man who got us to 5th last year crazy as well? Jonas is too good to leave out of our team and i think Pardew would pick him over Santon if it's a straight forward choice between the both of them for 1 position.  Just my opinion, no need to get upset honey  :rolleyes:

Upset :lol:

You are completely mental if thats what you think Pardew will do.

I assume that at the moment, Hoilett is trying to keep his options open in the hope that a Champs League club comes in for him and / or someone coughs up massive wages. There's bound to be lots of interest around.

I'd agree with Toptoon that he's just what we need. Whether there's other issues that are causing people to hesitate (attitude etc) I don't know.

I'd definitely take a punt if we get the opportunity and we can keep it within our wage structure.

PS - his agent is also his father, which always seems to create problems. Nobody's good enough / paying enough for my boy.

Would love to see Sakho here, it's an ideal opportunity to sign a world class young player, there's no reason why he can't be a starter for us for the next 9 or 10 years.

Assuming we get Debuchy, we could accommodate 3 first choice CB's (until Taylor gets his token injury) as we would have some quality attack-minded full/wing backs.

Krul

Taylor Coloccini Sakho

Debuchy                        Santon

Tiote

Ben Arfa        Cabaye

Cisse  Ba