NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Considering it's less than two weeks since the Euros and most of those players are presumably still on holiday like ours are, I guess it's no surprise little is happening. Now players are starting to report back and pre-season is kicking off, the wheels will probably start turning. Still fucking boring though.

Zzzzz.

Pards talking down the amount of players we need in his presser. Saying 'we haven't lost anybody'.

I know this is his usual spiel but he must surely realise somebody like Best DOES need replacing considering what he contributed last season. Guthrie I can just about accept being replaced by Amalfitano and Bigi and Lovenkrands is no loss.

Best is definitely the biggest loss. We're a little too light on the goals front in our squad. Haven't looked at the stats but if you took out Ba and Cisse from our team, we must have been pretty close to the bottom of the goalscoring table last season.

Evidently, if you take out the top two scorers from most teams it will have a huge effect but on us perhaps more so than others

Pards talking down the amount of players we need in his presser. Saying 'we haven't lost anybody'.

I know this is his usual spiel but he must surely realise somebody like Best DOES need replacing considering what he contributed last season. Guthrie I can just about accept being replaced by Amalfitano and Bigi and Lovenkrands is no loss.

Bizarre comment.

Not only that, but we need 3 or 4 players on top of the ones we already have. The numbers in the squad at the moment from a quality and quantity stand point, is quite frankly not good enough if we are going to be competitive in 4 competitions.

"Although financially we are probably eighth or ninth in the Premier League."

I hate the quite frequent revisiting of this. We all know about our funds, it's canny annoying to be fed this time and time, almost in preparation for disappointment. Not that it is destined to lead to, not at all, but it definitely seems to be a safety net they place under themselves.

Not to mention Alan Smith :frantic:

Not only that, but we need 3 or 4 players on top of the ones we already have. The numbers in the squad at the moment from a quality and quantity stand point, is quite frankly not good enough if we are going to be competitive in 4 competitions.

Certainly, the Europa League + league with this squad would mean either knocked out in the groups straight away (provided we qualify) and finish in the league anywhere between 6-14th), or go a long way in the Europa League and finish in the league below 12th. Not ideal

We've only lost Guthrie and Best that were useful.

Yeah, but the squad was small enough last season. I know we expect the youngsters to come in and stake their claim for a place and beef up the squad which is fine and i'm fully behind that.

But most of those youngsters seem to be in midfield. ( which depth wise is by far the strongest part of the team) We need signings in defense and upfront, if we don't sign these players then i will be hugely disappointed and as a supporter of the club... borderline angry.

We are maybe going to play a friendly in two days and we only has one healthy center back... We need players and we need them badly. Frustrating situation and comments.

Two more weeks waiting for Curtis Good. :anguish: Thank f*** there's some pre season games coming up.

Why is that transfer taking so long?! Because sadly we need him badly :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

AP on NUFCtv interview

Mike Ashley expects us to win using less money

Tongue in cheek

Guest sicko2ndbest

This 'year of the youngsters' idea is ludicrous

I have seen nothing to suggest the underbelly of Sammy Mehdi Vuckic is good enough to step up

Dangerous to say the least

Best is definitely the biggest loss. We're a little too light on the goals front in our squad. Haven't looked at the stats but if you took out Ba and Cisse from our team, we must have been pretty close to the bottom of the goalscoring table last season.

Evidently, if you take out the top two scorers from most teams it will have a huge effect but on us perhaps more so than others

Can say the same about almost any team in the league. Some teams rely heavily on one player (Arsenal, Fulham).

Our squad is very very small, honestly think we need 4/5 players more to compete in all competitions. Not that it's gonna happen though.

Krul, Elliot, Harper

Colo, Saylor, Santon, Perch, Williamson, Raylor, Ferguson, Tavernier, Good

Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Gosling, Abeid, Amalfitano, Bigi, Vuckic

HBA, Cisse, Ba, Shola, Sammy, Marveaux, Obertan

I reckon a right back, centre back and forward should be enough. Then development players and another back up keeper. We will have two players for each position even if there is a slight reliance on youth at times (don't most clubs do that?).

Plus quite a few of those can play in a number of positions.

Thing is though, if we go 4-3-3 we don't have ANY quality backup/rotation options for CM. Yes Marveaux can play there in a offensive positions but with his injury record im not sure we should rely on him to be the one. Never mind loosing Cabaye or Tioté for a while as we don't have anyone even near their quality.

Our squad is very very small, honestly think we need 4/5 players more to compete in all competitions. Not that it's gonna happen though.

Krul,Elliot, Harper

Colo, Saylor, Santon, Perch, Williamson, Raylor, Ferguson, Tavernier, Good

Tiote, Cabaye, Jonas, Gosling, Abeid, Amalfitano, Bigi, Vuckic

HBA, Cisse, Ba, Shola, Sammy, Marveaux, Obertan

I reckon a right back, centre back and forward should be enough. Then development players and another back up keeper. We will have two players for each position even if there is a slight reliance on youth at times (don't most clubs do that?).

Plus quite a few of those can play in a number of positions.

All of those bolded are either massively unproven and/or represent a huge drop off in quality from the starting XI.

We needed signings across the board before we binned a load off.