NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Deal worth £5m is only way we should deal for one of the best defenders outside the premiership

Williamson went for £2m when we urgently needed to sell. Mariappa is far superior to Williamson and therefore his value should be at least double.

I dont think Watford should sell. They have cronic problems up front and their only hope this season is to keep it tight at the back. If we sell our best defensive player, then we will be even weaker.

there's no way we'd let him go for as little as [£2m]

In regards to value, he has certainly improved on the 2mill valuation. I may be biased, but for me he is up there with Mills as the best centre-half in the league.

Well the Watford fans seem to rate Mariappa highly. I personally don't have a clue if he's actually any good. Hmmm, :undecided:

But like some people have said, judging from what's happened in the past, Douglas doesn't seem to know much really in terms of transfer incomings so this story could be a load of bollocks.

If Mariappa was foreign and playing in Belgium or Holland he would have his own thread by now.

He is probably the best centre back in the Championship.  Strong and fast if a bit undersized.

Bargain for £2 or 3 mill. 

If Mariappa was foreign and playing in Belgium or Holland he would have his own thread by now.

He is probably the best centre back in the Championship.  Strong and fast if a bit undersized.

Bargain for £2 or 3 mill. 

Strong and fast would have been very handy yesterday.

Do not want.

What's the reason for not wanting one of the best defenders in the CCC? Have you guys seen much of him? No? Guessed so.

Why ask people if you're gonna answer for them? :lol:

Either way I know nothing about him so I am neither for or against it. I am worried that he's 'undersized' though. I still have nightmares about our defending against Norwich.

His name is Fijian, not Finnish.

people put too much emphasis on size when it comes to centre backs.  aslong they around 5"10 and has every thing else then its no problem

canavaro at his peak was the best defender in the world, won eveything including the world cup and he was only a 5"8 midget.

people put too much emphasis on size when it comes to centre backs.  aslong they around 5"10 and has every thing else then its no problem

canavaro at his peak was the best defender in the world, won eveything including the world cup and he was only a 5"8 midget.

Cannavaro wasn't.

Nesta was.

Knowing our luck we'd sign him, he'd decide to play for Fiji and then we'd have another player disappearing at ridiculous times during the season to play in international competition.

Edit: Apparently he can play for DR Congo too  :lol:

Can't say I know a lot about Mariappa but as was alluded to earlier, if he was playing abroad there might be more excitement coming from this link.

From my point of view, I have faith in the scouting network we have here.

Guest bimpy474

Cannavaro wasn't.

Nesta was.

Nesta's over 6ft, and Cannavaro was just over 5ft 9in if anyone cares like.

Guest bimpy474

I was talking about being the best in the world.

Ahhh i see, sorry mate, agree with you too, very good defender Nesta.

To be fair, Lescott and Jagielka both came up from the Championship and I'm sure all on here would take those two as CB options where we stand right now.

They rate him as better than Williamson and say that he's a quick and athletic defender, which sounds good as another defensive option.