NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest dazzanufc1892

This name jokes and f***ing s*** stuff that has infested this forum the last days was fun the first 24 hours with the lad from down under.

Now its just tiresome unnecessary s***. :rant:

wielly Good post

Anti-pun rule to be introduced shortly I think, with the most severe of ban lengths.

I tested between 9 and 11 of the N-O forum puns to see if they met a criteria for a ban. The results were very surprising. No pun in ten did.

Anti-pun rule to be introduced shortly I think, with the most severe of ban lengths.

I tested between 9 and 11 of the N-O forum puns to see if they met a criteria for a ban. The results were very surprising. No pun in ten did.

:spit: No way!

Guest BooBoo

We're now just about a fortnight away from the Spurs game. Obviously the window extends to the end of the month but come 18th August I'd rather the club was focused fully with on field matters not still fannying about at the eleventh hour looking for players. I'm always incredulous that time after time we take it right to the death in a window. We have two tough opening fixtures in the league and a Euro game or two. I really think one two top additions like Debuchy or even a Carroll could easily make a difference in those games. It would give everyone at the lub a huge lift. I'm a huge Pards fan but I'll be more than irritated if he comes out with the line of "at least we haven't lost anyone". That shit doesn't wash every time and it's not completely unreasonable to expect a Euro qualifying side to hang onto its best players AND bring one or two new ones in.

As far as I'm concerned it's a massive fortnight for the club to pull its finger out. It would be criminal to be in such a positive position and fold rather than gamble. We've seen it before and it's cost us.

Older than the internet. First Lame Pun Coon i thing.

But well done to remember it.

I hate this puns tbh, why? Because 1 in 10 are funny, rest are just shit attempts that are used a million times before.

It ruins every fucking tread on the forum.

I madafaking hate puns as bad as gonorrhea, or maybe even more, as gonorrhea  usually comes with a bit of fun...

We're now just about a fortnight away from the Spurs game. Obviously the window extends to the end of the month but come 18th August I'd rather the club was focused fully with on field matters not still fannying about at the eleventh hour looking for players. I'm always incredulous that time after time we take it right to the death in a window. We have two tough opening fixtures in the league and a Euro game or two. I really think one two top additions like Debuchy or even a Carroll could easily make a difference in those games. It would give everyone at the lub a huge lift. I'm a huge Pards fan but I'll be more than irritated if he comes out with the line of "at least we haven't lost anyone". That shit doesn't wash every time and it's not completely unreasonable to expect a Euro qualifying side to hang onto its best players AND bring one or two new ones in.

As far as I'm concerned it's a massive fortnight for the club to pull its finger out. It would be criminal to be in such a positive position and fold rather than gamble. We've seen it before and it's cost us.

:clap: Good post

Back on track after the pun fest. Yes, totally agree with your thoughts, that's why I'm disappointed by the MD deal, I was hoping beyond hope we could get him tied up early, get him into training and integrated into the group.

Again I think we need another CB and striker if I'm honest and I don't really think that wishful thinking on my part.

We're about to go into probably the most exciting and promising season in recent years on the back of a terrific last campaign, if ever there's been a time for making the right moves in key places, it's right now.

We have a really superb spine of a team now, we're just looking another three quality first teamers and we're in jizz land.

If can land Debuchy, bring in a ready to go CB and add a third out and out striker, we're there imo.

We'd then be in a position of only reviewing the squad members who don't look like they are going to make the step up.

There's plenty of cheap, free deals to be had on that front as we've seen so far.

We are so, so close now to nirvana it hurts.

Really want us to do it now.

Surely stick rather than twist is the gambler's analogy here?

Older than the internet. First Lame Pun Coon i thing.

But well done to remember it.

I hate this puns tbh, why? Because 1 in 10 are funny, rest are just shit attempts that are used a million times before.

It ruins every fucking tread on the forum.

I madafaking hate puns as bad as gonorrhea, or maybe even more, as gonorrhea  usually comes with a bit of fun...

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad303/menageabro/coolstorybroterminator.gif

I can't remember any transfer window when fans haven't wanted to have players in earlier, it's just how it always is. Have any clubs finished their transfer business yet? They all start the season in two weeks. It's not ideal, but it's normal.

We're now just about a fortnight away from the Spurs game. Obviously the window extends to the end of the month but come 18th August I'd rather the club was focused fully with on field matters not still fannying about at the eleventh hour looking for players. I'm always incredulous that time after time we take it right to the death in a window. We have two tough opening fixtures in the league and a Euro game or two. I really think one two top additions like Debuchy or even a Carroll could easily make a difference in those games. It would give everyone at the lub a huge lift. I'm a huge Pards fan but I'll be more than irritated if he comes out with the line of "at least we haven't lost anyone". That s*** doesn't wash every time and it's not completely unreasonable to expect a Euro qualifying side to hang onto its best players AND bring one or two new ones in.

Completely agree, for me it's important to try and get Debuchy ( or another fullback if it isn't possible) in before the start of the season. The other targets are less important because they would be transfers that more provide competition for current starters and i would feel much more at ease us signing players like Carroll for example after the season starts than i would signing Debuchy because he's going to be an undisputed starter.

For what it's worth i'd rather we get all our signings before the season starts, but that doesn't seem like happening so if i was forced i wouldn't be completely against us signing the rest of our targets after the season starts as long they are done before the deadline.