NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Just thought about something, maybe we are considering a more experienced DM because how much Bigi has impressed.

Get Toulalan in for a few years, get Bigi to learn from him and Tiote. Once he's on the slide Bigi can slot straight in as by then he will probably be more than ready.

Still probably unlikely, but it's something to consider. That's if we are even in for him of course.

If that ever was a reason (it won't be . . . .) why not just save ourselves 8mil and let Bigi learn off Tiote?

If we are to play 3 in midfield i think we want an extra DM. My post was thinking why we would want Toulalan over Anita.

The advantages are more experienced and won't block Bigi's progress in anyway shape or form, Anita might do because the age difference isn't as much.

For what its worth i agree with you, id rather see that money spent on a CB but i'm just thinking about the reason's why the club would consider such a transfer.

Guest reefatoon

Just thought about something, maybe we are considering a more experienced DM because how much Bigi has impressed.

Get Toulalan in for a few years, get Bigi to learn from him and Tiote. Once he's on the slide Bigi can slot straight in as by then he will probably be more than ready.

Still probably unlikely, but it's something to consider. That's if we are even in for him of course.

If that ever was a reason (it won't be . . . .) why not just save ourselves 8mil and let Bigi learn off Tiote?

If we are to play 3 in midfield i think we want an extra DM. My post was thinking why we would want Toulalan over Anita.

The advantages are more experienced and won't block Bigi's progress in anyway shape or form, Anita might do because the age difference isn't as much.

For what its worth i agree with you, id rather see that money spent on a CB but i'm just thinking about the reason's why the club would consider such a transfer.

Trust me mate, the reason we are looking at Toulalan has nothing to do with how well Bigi has looked.  If anything, it would deter us from wanting to sign another DM.

I think if there is any truth in Toulalan then it would be a first teamer leaving.

Guest Big Al

Trust me mate, the reason we are looking at Toulalan has nothing to do with how well Bigi has looked.  If anything, it would deter us from wanting to sign another DM.

I think if there is any truth in Toulalan then it would be a first teamer leaving.

Not at all, in my humble opinion. Toulalan can cover both DM and CB very well, has vast experience in both positions at the highest level [CL incl.]; and if Malaga are really bad financially, it is a coup for sure - we strenghten both in midfield and defence with a classy French internationalin his prime. So Mike-esque, isn't it?

Guest reefatoon

Not at all, in my humble opinion. Toulalan can cover both DM and CB very well, has vast experience in both positions at the highest level [CL incl.]; and if Malaga are really bad financially, it is a coup for sure - we strenghten both in midfield and defence with a classy French internationalin his prime. So Mike-esque, isn't it?

so who would you drop for him?

I wouldn't rule us out going for the odd "old" player if the fee, wages and, probably more importantly, the duration of the contract is the right one.

Somebody that can come in and do the job for a season or so until we identify a younger replacement. 

Guest Big Al

In CB - could be a cover for Saylor - he isn't the luckiest guy injury-wise, you know.. In Mid I would play Tiote-Toulalan and Cab in front of them. At the expense of Jonas, who I'll introduce at 60-70 min, if I need to cover my left-hand side defence or to waste a minute or two with free-kicks in the opposition half..

Guest reefatoon

In CB - could be a cover for Saylor - he isn't the luckiest guy injury-wise, you know.. In Mid I would play Tiote-Toulalan and Cab in front of them. At the expense of Jonas, who I'll introduce at 60-70 min, if I need to cover my left-hand side defence or to waste a minute or two with free-kicks in the opposition half..

Agree with the midfield part, would be great there, would be a little worried if he was to play CB alongside Colo, as wouldn't be the tallest pairing.

I just can't see this one being a runner, as we have already brought 2 midfielders in this summer, and with the youth we already have (plus Jonas proving he can play there too), we would be really overloaded with midfielders, that's why if he did come in (or someone of his high calibre), I think it would be for someone leaving, unless we are looking for a 2-6-2 formation next year. 

Calling this window 'incredibly grim' is probably the most damning indictment of the modern day football fan I've ever seen.

Whinging, 'I want everything now' bullcrap.

You can fuck right off tarring me with that brush. The window is still open and we've not lost anyone, I said that in one of my other posts. Learn to read before you peddle such shite.

In terms of making first team signings SO FAR it has been incredibly grim, that could well change before the end of the window.

I've not 'whinged' or said 'I want everything now' about the transfer situation in this thread or any other, so why be such a dickhead?

Guest BooBoo

Calling this window 'incredibly grim' is probably the most damning indictment of the modern day football fan I've ever seen.

You can fuck right off tarring me with that brush. The window is still open and we've not lost anyone, I said that in one of my other posts. Learn to read before you peddle such shite.

In terms of making first team signings SO FAR it has been incredibly grim, that could well change before the end of the window.

I've not 'whinged' or said 'I want everything now' about the transfer situation in this thread or any other, so why be such a dickhead?

I'm with the Pilk-Meister here. Completely reasonable to be up dissatisfied with the window thus far. We've pissed around all summer long yet some will still stick their heads in the sand and assume we'll do in the next three weeks what we've failed to do in the last three months.

I'm with the Pilk-Meister here. Completely reasonable to be up dissatisfied with the window thus far. We've pissed around all summer long yet some will still stick their heads in the sand and assume we'll do in the next three weeks what we've failed to do in the last three months.

Disappointing for sure. We've brought in three very green players thus far. Doesn't inspire much confidence.

Guest sicko2ndbest

When I see 'Nuts' name attached to this or the Debuchy thread I almost expect an update from some random French site