NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

The one thing Sissoko certainly would bring to our midfield, is a bit more energy and drive, as I've said he is not strictly a holding midfielder, and if I had to compare him to a current Premier League player, it would be either Ramires or Yaya Toure. He's not on the same level as them, but his style is similar and he would certainly be a useful player to have. Especially if we got him for nowt.

:thup: If it means Gosling or someone else not up to it then it sounds like it'd be a masterstroke. Maybe it spells the end of Jonas although given his vice captaincy it would seem unlikely.

To get shot of Gosling and bring Sissoko in would be wonderful business. Can't see us getting rid of Jonas anytime soon.

I think the point is that we need more goals from players other than Ba and Cisse.

The goal Cabaye scored against the spackems is a type of goal we rarely ever score where a midfielder arrives in the box just in time to mop up. Our strikers are marked men now, for obvious reasons, as is Ben Arfa. If we could get an additional goal scoring threat - a midfielder with 8 or 9 goals a season in him - it would make a massive difference to us.

If we could get an additional goal scoring threat - a midfielder with 8 or 9 goals a season in him - it would make a massive difference to us.

http://www.fansfc.com/UploadedImages/Players/KevinNolan_633692556428437500.jpg

I think we might be going for Sissoko. I have no idea why. Where does that leave Anita? I'd much rather we focused on getting defenders in.

Sissoko is more of a b2b midfielder in the Yaya mould than a DM he can play there but he's best in the b2b role.

Honestly i cannot see this happening unless someone leaves..... let's say for example Tiote goes for 15m then Anita could go to DM Sissoko to go alongside him and Cabaye.

Then we spend the cash on a couple of defenders and maybe a winger-cum striker if the finance allows.

Sounds like something Ashley would go for.

I think the point is that we need more goals from players other than Ba and Cisse.

The goal Cabaye scored against the spackems is a type of goal we rarely ever score where a midfielder arrives in the box just in time to mop up. Our strikers are marked men now, for obvious reasons, as is Ben Arfa. If we could get an additional goal scoring threat - a midfielder with 8 or 9 goals a season in him - it would make a massive difference to us.

I do agree with this but the formation we're playing doesn't allow for that kind of midfielder. Cabaye should be playing that role but he gets completely dominated/nullified in midfield by the other team due to our tactics. He spends his time chasing the ball like a dog would.

It was even worse in Europe as we played with 3 defensive midfielders and no attack minded CM last week.

is gary hooper still a remote possibility?  I've been setting up fake blogs and submitting bogus stories in the hopes of engineering this move on a grass roots level but I think it's just been wasted effort

Surprised we're in for another CM tbh (if it's all true). Another indicator that the Anita signing was a bit of a balls-up? I'm being presumptuous, obviously. Just, like i say, surprised we're after another one. I know we sign bargains cos they're bargains, but i'd have expected Ashley to be the type of frugal chairman to limit signings per position. We've got shitloads of CMs on the books, like.

Sissoko in, Gosling out.

Would be nice  :lol: as for Anita it is a bit strange but he's not playing at the moment anyway and Sissoko would more likely play instead of Jonas if we were to go for a midfield 3.

I get the feeling Anita was seen as Tiote's long term replacement and the management did not expect Bigi to improve this quickly.