NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Prewigan Interview with AP on NUFCtv now

'The discussion around the January window has changed'

Meh.....Words

What's that supposed to mean?

it means there's been a change to the discussion about the january transfer window.

Did we know what the discussion was before?

we didn't. there some on here that would say pardew didn't either.

So without that frame of reference it's an entirely meaningless quote.  The discussion before could have been 'Right, Barca have accepted our £10 billlion bid for Messi, lets get it done' or 'We have £200 to spend and me and Dekka are having a curry out of it'.

Meh.....Words

it means there's been a change to the discussion about the january transfer window.

So without that frame of reference it's an entirely meaningless quote.  The discussion before could have been 'Right, Barca have accepted our £10 billlion bid for Messi, lets get it done' or 'We have £200 to spend and me and Dekka are having a curry out of it'.

Talk about taking things to there extremes......................Dekka doesn't even like curry. It's a chinese.

Meh.....Words

a touch harsh to say it's entirely meaningless because we aren't privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

Meh.....Words

a touch harsh to say it's entirely meaningless because we aren't privy to what goes on behind the scenes.

I don't think it's harsh and i'm not attacking anyone by saying it's meaningless.  I'm just saying it's impossible to infer anything meaningful from that quote as we have no prior frame of reference as to the nature of the discussions.

Meh.....Words

I don't think it's harsh and i'm not attacking anyone by saying it's meaningless.  I'm just saying it's impossible to infer anything meaningful from that quote as we have no prior frame of reference as to the nature of the discussions.

could it mean they've changed their mind on somerthing(s) but it's best not to tell. ie it could well raise prices etc.

Meh.....Words

could it mean they've changed their mind on somerthing(s) but it's best not to tell. ie it could well raise prices etc.

It could, but as I say, without knowing anything about the previous discussions we don't know anything.

Probably as simple as we're now actually contemplating spending money in January.

actually contemplating having a discussion about the possibility that we might seriously consider the chance that we might have a meeting regarding spending money*.

*If the player:

- has a release clause under £5m

- is under 24

- Will agree to a 5 year contract

- On under £15k/week

- Is Frence

Might not go down well with the fashionistas, but we really lack steel and someone to pick the team up by the scruff of the neck when the going gets tough.  We really miss Nolan for this imo.

Yeah, this too. They seem to be a fairly quiet bunch with no natural leaders. Colo has been made captain for want of a better candidate.

Ba seems the strongest character but he's not a team player.

Might not go down well with the fashionistas, but we really lack steel and someone to pick the team up by the scruff of the neck when the going gets tough.  We really miss Nolan for this imo.

Yeah, this too. They seem to be a fairly quiet bunch with no natural leaders. Colo has been made captain for want of a better candidate.

Nonsense, he just wants to play in his best position which is fair enough given he is the best player at the club for the role.

Nonsense, he just wants to play in his best position which is fair enough given he is the best player at the club for the role.

.... which is not the attitude of a team player.

.... which is not the attitude of a team player.

Depends how you look at it, I can't imagine many centre forwards would be happy being shifted out on the wing.

He would do a job for any team in this league in that position iyam and any half decent forward will have that 'attitude' to want to be in a position where they will get chances.

Rooney's never complained about being played where the manager sees fit, that I'm aware of?

Despite scoring lots of goals I have never seen him as an out and out striker tbh, he has kicked off a few times mind.

Not sure i agree....

If anything we don't have enough creative players outside of Cabaye and Ben Arfa there is no one....

Our problem outside of the obvious tactics, gameplan and mentality that is well established is that we cannot keep the ball and thus overrun constantly i'm not sure how getting more steel would help it's really not the problem.

If we look at our available midfielders our most creative player is Anita and he's a freaking DM there's clearly an issue in that area.

Personally i think the midfield needs to be completely re-worked..... Jonas needs to be replaced with someone like Sissoko or Diame( not saying them particularly but someone of that style) and Cabaye needs a back up because without him well you can see with your own eyes what happens.