NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

No way is this going to happen, move on.

Agree, especially since we are very well and hold the master.

That's just Google translate tbf.

aren't Argie clubs broke for the most part? How can it even be taken moderately seriously

Very much so, Velez aside and even then they have to sell every season.

:lol:

You're the one who reckons we can't afford to buy £6m players. Anyway:

I wasn't being negative, more laughing at that piece from sky. Difference between being an optimist/realistic.

am i ? i thought i was the one who lost a bet to you that we'd pay more than 8million.

what i have said is that we wont pay 6million for a player we don't consider worth it, i believe i used the example "i can afford to pay £10 for a cup of coffee but i won't as i think it's crap value". theres more chance us paying 10million for a 10million player than 6million for a 5million player.

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/705492004.jpg?key=609763&Expires=1356132034&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=ujt-X~NhLa9imN6vkoB8-eP2J8k731BqDEFokTK6-4mt~8lQcjIwFbmWuJLUJy45aiKVuq-gS8icPJEGrFLHz2xRKs6CkFZi-l2wIxiEIX1um-5EIY6qyn0jyLAckhNfMujNuVh2EwtayTKmPm0j2OnBIPKD5naP98HIxbUNu6U_

Right back, centre back and striker apparently.

We really need a winger.

I'd say we need at least 2 if we're going to play 4-4-2, which seems to be Pardew's preference. The only traditional wingers we have at the moment are Jonas, Obertan and Ferguson, and it's difficult to make a case that any are good enough for the first team.

Ben Arfa isn't a winger. He's great wide in a 4-3-3 but shouldn't be allowed near the wing in a 4-4-2.

We really need a winger.

I'd say we need at least 2 if we're going to play 4-4-2, which seems to be Pardew's preference. The only traditional wingers we have at the moment are Jonas, Obertan and Ferguson, and it's difficult to make a case that any are good enough for the first team.

Ben Arfa isn't a winger. He's great wide in a 4-3-3 but shouldn't be allowed near the wing in a 4-4-2.

Not sure where else he would go

I think you could try him off the striker now, he was rusty as fuck last time we tried it.

Still think he's best off on the wing mind, not least because we have pretty much no other threatening players that can play there.  If we had 2 or 3 winger type forwards I'd have no qualms in playing him off the striker in a 442 or 4231 or whatever.

Top of a 3-man midfield? Kinda the role Iniesta plays for us. Hatem can dribble and he can pass.

But you need better widemen before you can move him to the middle.

Cabaye and Hatem in the same midfield 3 would be asking for trouble against most of the league.

If we're playing with a narrow attacking 3 up front then he should be winger in that role, if we're playing with proper wide players he needs to be a no 10 behind someone who can either hold up play or feed off scraps from him, and dropping deep into a proper playmaker role. He can't keep playing as wide and as deep as he has been if we are to get the best out of him