NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest Roger Kint

We seem to be confining our targets to pretty much only France in this window no? Hope our net is going out a bit further too.

Fatty is sat in some posh hotel in Paris like Jabba dealing wiv it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0-RVaKDS55M/TTlxnGvcUJI/AAAAAAAAAPQ/GCP3nPFoXVI/s1600/fat-guy-with-hamster.png

Wrong one, he just got released from City

Guest Roger Kint

Isn't Gomis about 30 years old? Can't see us spending big money on someone that old, and shit.

Maybe if we thought we could pick him up for £2-3m.

Isn't Gomis about 30 years old? Can't see us spending big money on someone that old, and shit.

Maybe if we thought we could pick him up for £2-3m.

27. He had a meeting with Lyon directors today and decided he's staying. We're not signing a striker.

27? Feels like he's been around for longer pretending to be a decent striker.

Honestly think these kinds of strikers would struggle in the PL. Battyboy Goomis is not the ans.

He struggles to hit over 11 goals a season at top clubs in France while playing almost every game. A 1in 3 striker from ligue 1,  who isn't going to get any better translates to a 1 in 4 player at best over here. Simply not good enough, I'd rather we signed no striker than pay more than £2-3m for him.

27? Feels like he's been around for longer pretending to be a decent striker.

Honestly think these kinds of strikers would struggle in the PL. Battyboy Goomis is not the ans.

He struggles to hit over 11 goals a season at top clubs in France while playing almost every game. A 1in 3 striker from ligue 1,  who isn't going to get any better translates to a 1 in 4 player at best over here. Simply not good enough, I'd rather we signed no striker than pay more than £2-3m for him.

That's the gist of it.

We need a striker/fwd who can link the mid and Cisse. Who can drop off and so on and has a bit of creativity. Otherwise we're back to square one with the greater spotted Pardclue.

http://www.voetbalcentraal.nl/nieuws/90206/aanvoerder-siem-de-jong-maakt-seizoen-af-bij-ajax

It seems unlikely that Siem de Jong, captain of Ajax, will not end the season in coach Frank de Boer's team. Interest in the international is increasing, and Newcastle United are reportedly considering taking the offensive midfielder.

''If there were clubs interested we would refer them to Ajax, but currently there is nothing,'' said Louis Laros, the agent of De Jong in conversation with AD.

He has previously said he wishes to end this season with Ajax. ''You never know if crazy things might happen, but for now we are not involved in talks with any club,'' said Laros.

Paraphrased this.

I had a feeling yesterday that when I woke up this morning and got into work (it's currently 6.40am my time) something exciting would be happening, but by the looks of things I was way off then :(

I can't wait to f***ing hear the dreaded "we'll go with what we've got" from Pardew.

Well I heard they have been doing all they can, left no stone unturned but just couldn't get their targets over the line. Fortunately the squad has enough quality to see us through :p