NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

We dont need a tough tackling anything, you simply aren't allowed to tackle anymore. Get a player in who's comfortable on the ball, and when needed can put his foot in. A Huddlestone type imo.

Well i agree there's certain physical beasts like Matuidi who have ability and immaculate positioning to go with the tackling.

Not that it would happen but if someone like that came available i wouldn't turn my nose up at it.

Guest bimpy474

We dont need a tough tackling anything, you simply aren't allowed to tackle anymore. Get a player in who's comfortable on the ball, and when needed can put his foot in. A Huddlestone type imo.

Well i agree there's certain physical beasts like Matuidi who have ability and immaculate positioning to go with the tackling.

Not that it would happen but if someone like that came available i wouldn't turn my nose up at it.

Very true, a player capable at both/all kinds of play would be great. But Pardew' attitude of having a tackle in there is so outdated nowadays. Well the way the games are ref'd theses day anyway.

Lacks required mobility. Nice eye for a pass though.

You mean someone like Anita?

Not tall enough to get on the Blackpool Big One thus unlikely to start for us :lol:

I think we'll sign 3/4 players, just because Pardew seems to have played the "lack of backing" card so well the club seem to believe it. I think we'll see a striker, a winger and a defender come in, possibly more if we sell someone.

Agree, but I'm only expecting one or two genuine first teamers because of the January spend.

.. Or MYM as DM

Guest bimpy474

Tbh with our lack of movement Huddlestone would fit in perfectly :lol:

I think we'll sign 3/4 players, just because Pardew seems to have played the "lack of backing" card so well the club seem to believe it. I think we'll see a striker, a winger and a defender come in, possibly more if we sell someone.

Agree, but I'm only expecting one or two genuine first teamers because of the January spend.

Yep, Sissoko and Gouffran are essentially summer signings brought forward apparently, even though we could have done with them last summer. Looking at it possitively, the January players have half a season under their belt now so should be able to hit the ground running.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Oluwashina Okeleji ‏@oluwashina

Newcastle intend to try again for striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Rated at around £12m & #NUFC failed in a bid to sign him in January.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10433825.Magpies_need_to_act_fast_to_land___15m_man_Carroll/

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/10440844.Pardew_s_position_is_strengthened_as_Newcastle_look_to_make_summer_improvements/

Two Echo stories from the last week, both mentioning Wilfried Bony as a target along with Aubameyang.

I know we've got a lot of members here who follow Dutch football closely, so they would know much more than me, but I've always been incredibly impressed by Bony on the occasions I've seen him. Think he would be absolutely perfect, physical lad - not the tallest but has every other quality you could want. Wants to come to England, fits our profile at 24, I'd be delighted if there was something in that link.

Newcastle intend to try again for striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Rated at around £12m & #NUFC failed in a bid to sign him in January.

£12 million would be an absolute steal. I just don't see him being interested in coming here.

Makes sense from a positional POV. We do need another hard-tackling DM to join Jonas and Tiote in central midfield.

We do need another DM IMO if we are going 4-3-3.

Tiote isn't good enough and Pardew doesn't seem to trust Anita.

But there is no chance of Matuidi what so ever.... More chance of me moving out to Miami and getting a mansion in south beach tbh.

Well, I was being facetious. We really don't need another DM, no matter the formation. No need to give Pards further incentive to play a 3-DM central midfield.

IMO, filling gaps should take priority over upgrading.

Apparently Bony can play behind the striker as well as up on his own so we could in theory fit Aubameyang, Cisse, Bony, Ben Arfa, Sissoko and Cabaye in the same team and not be insanely imbalanced.

With that said i highly doubt we will get both of them.

£12 million would be an absolute steal. I just don't see him being interested in coming here.

Meant to be talking to Champion League clubs and wants to play in Europe.  I would be amazed if he ended up here unless all other options dry up.  I hope we don't spend all Summer waiting for him as we need strikers desperately.

Apparently Bony can play behind the striker as well as up on his own so we could in theory fit Aubameyang, Cisse, Bony, Ben Arfa, Sissoko and Cabaye in the same team and not be insanely imbalanced.

:lol:

:lol:

Laugh all you want but if we pressed properly it would be fine..... there's many teams with just as many attacking players but balance it out by being an organised cohesive unit with and without the ball.

If we don't press properly then we might as well forget about ever being solid as a unit anyway.

Guest bimpy474

Honestly, we could sign Falcao tomorrow and I'm not sure I'd be all that excited. I seriously need to get into golf.

You sure ?

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/funny%20gifs/grand/49087927_funny_gif_.gif

Guest bimpy474

Just support a different club, easy. PSG or Man City perhaps.

Changing your team is akin to murdering a small rabbit, puppy or some similar cute creature with a lump hammer. Just wrong.