NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Isn't Pieters gonna be banned for failing a drug test though?

As far as I'm aware, he didn't actually fail anything. He just couldn't piss into the cup! The lack of news on that front suggests to me that he's not going to be facing any action as such and will be fine.

Really not hung up on signing Pieters anyway. Not seen a great deal of him but from what I have he doesn't look the quickest and doesn't look that good defensively either. People who've seen more of him may have seen more in him than I have anyway but he doesn't really look like the type of fullback I'd like to see take us on to the next level.

Guest Roger Kint

The Under 18's are still going strong.  Won 2-1 today away at Derby and are now 5 points clear at the top of the league and still have 1 game in hand.  Today's side featured Brad Kilburn, a centre half on trial.  The team also featured Miele, Maddison,Logan, Hooper and Taylor who all featured in last night reserve game against Chelsea.

The academys next game is at home to Sheff Wed on Saturday where they will be hoping to make it ten home wins out of ten.

:aww:

Young lad from Barnsley.

Guest Rob 1988

MAGPIES LINE UP GIO BID

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/242355/Magpies-line-up-Gio-bid/

NEWCASTLE are tracking Dutch midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum.

PSV Eindhoven’s ­ Wijnaldum (below) is already valued in the ­ £8-10million bracket.

The Toon are also keen on another PSV star – left-back Erik Pieters.

But while that has been well documented, their interest in Wijnaldum, 21, has been kept under wraps.

The Geordies, who play at West Brom today, are eyeing midfielders in case they lose their own.

Cheick Tiote, 25, has been strongly linked with a £20m move to Chelsea in the summer.

And the Daily Star Sunday understands that his midfield partner, Yohan Cabaye, 26, is also attracting Premier League interest.

Wijnaldum is a full international with Holland, where he is regarded as one of the country’s outstanding young talents.

daily star  :yao:

Guest andrew

Wouldn't mind Pieters have seen a decent amount of him from time to time. He's not blessed with huge pace like enrique was but I wouldn't really say he's slow, he's just very average. Yes potentially he could get skinned a few times if he presses up against Lennon/Valencia whatever but I think he reads the game pretty well and would be an upgrade on raylor and santon as a left back (he's left footed too!). He doesn't surge forward but I think he plays intelligently with the ball and will help having comfortable wide men. For £3m sign him.

It’s unclear who the scouts were there to observe but the Sunday Journal understands that the scout representing Newcastle was there to watch Patrick McEleney whilst a scout representing Burnley was showing an interest in Derry winger Stephen McLaughlin.

......was a particular highlight of that piece

Lovely player to watch. Not sure where we would fit him in though.

CM.

Yep we need an extra CM that can make things happen and if last week is anything to go by then Pard's might be switching to a variation of 4-3-3 so i dont see a problem.

Quite looking forward to the summer tbh. I know that's possibly naive, but I'm excited to see what defenders we end up with in particular.

Was actually just thinking about this. We do have a very nice core. Debuchy or a new LB and Mbiwa would do like :)

Full back, centre back and winger and are really good. A forward on top of that and we are in silly land.

Obviously all quality players.

I dont even think we need a winger especially if this switch to 4-3-3 is permanent, Ben Arfa and Ba playing wideish atm and Jonas plus Marveaux and Sammy to come back.....

to me what should be buying is a CB,FB,CM and DM anything else is a luxury.