NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Colo, Mbiwa, Taylor and Willo are a decent 4 options to have at CB. Ideally you'd like a big dominant cb next to Colo but it's still not a bad pool of defenders compared to what we've got up front.

I'm looking forward to Streete coming through  O0

I think it's an avenue that needs exploring. You've just got to hope his talent doesn't run in to a cul-de-sac like other youngsters we've had here. Though there are Plenty of signs Streete won't hit a dead end.

Two additions :lol: quality

Remy and a winger and i'm satisfied.

Yep. Or any decent striker that could work with/instead of Cisse and a winger

Those are the only areas I think we lack bodies/quality.

could do with a CB imo

Now Colo's definitely staying I don't see it as a problem area.

Fair enough, I just don't really want Willo back in the team at any point

I'm sure most people don't but our CF pool consists of Cisse, Gouffran, Shola and Campbell and our LW pool consists of Jonas and Obertan.

While our CB pool consists of Coloccini, Taylor, Yanga-Mbiwa and Williamson.

You decide what is more important, its clear to me that getting some goals and width in the team should be a priority.

Certainly, but buying a CF/winger shouldn't negate buying anybody else.

I agree completely but IF we are only buying two players i would buy a CF and LW over a CB and would be satisfied.

In a ideal world i'd like CF, LW, CB and maybe a goalscoring midfielder but i would be pleased if a quality LW and CF was brought in.

Guest WashyGeordie

Colo, Mbiwa, Taylor and Willo are a decent 4 options to have at CB. Ideally you'd like a big dominant cb next to Colo but it's still not a bad pool of defenders compared to what we've got up front.

What about Good? Or is he going back out on-loan?

Too early for the first team. A loan will do nice.

Too early for the first team. A loan will do nice.

Both him and Streete should be sent out on loan if we keep those four first-teamers, but I'd like to see them in CCC or at leaste League One

Guest bimpy474

The same 4 CB's who conceded 71 goals last season. Granted the managers tactics are a major reason, especailly the lack of cover in front of the CB's. But that record is shocking.

The same 4 CB's who conceded 71 goals last season. Granted the managers tactics are a major reason, especailly the lack of cover in front of the CB's. But that record is shocking.

Yep and you just explained the reasons why it was shocking  O0

Buying another CB won't fix it, how ever buying a winger who isn't allergic to taking defenders on and putting the ball into the box would solve quite a lot more than buying another CB for cover.

Buying another CB won't fix it, how ever buying a winger who isn't allergic to taking defenders on and putting the ball into the box would solve quite a lot more than buying another CB for cover.

Exactly, no amount of defenders is going to make much difference if your main tactic is to give the ball away and then sit back inviting a bum raping.

Guest bimpy474

I think we need another CB who's a dominating type, it'll especially helps when Colo isn't in the team, that's when we lack real leadership in there.

I know i said it was mainly Pardew's fault but those players should have been better too.

The defence falls apart without Colo. MYM is loaded with potential but the best we can hope for is an injury free season for our captain. Saylor looks as clueless as any of them when he's not alongside Colo.

Guest bimpy474

The defence falls apart without Colo. MYM is loaded with potential but the best we can hope for is an injury free season for our captain. Saylor looks as clueless as any of them when he's not alongside Colo.

This was what i was getting at, and put in my post before this fine one.

I think we need another CB who's a dominating type, it'll especially helps when Colo isn't in the team, that's when we lack real leadership in there.

I know i said it was mainly Pardew's fault but those players should have been better too.

That we do but just for example if we got Sinclair and Remy then that would improve the team helluva lot more than any CB ever could.

Thus why i believe it should be the priority and if we can get a dominating CB too then great.

I was relieved about Colo staying but we're an injury away from that department looking rather thin imo. Unless Good or Streete are pushed forward but then the same questions loom over them like it does all our fringe players.

The leadership or lack of it is another massive worry that's hardly been touched on yet, due to the issues everywhere else.

We can all yearn for some quality depth in this squad and purples galore but with this regime it's fantasy. The club is in major danger of being pegged further behind unless something out of the ordinary happens in the next month. Prem survival the best we can hope for, and that'll suit Ashley just fine.

That's true, but it comes down to priorities at the end of the day. If we can only buy two players is it more important to buy a 3rd choice cb or a winger/forward? I would say it's more important to get some goals in the team which means ditching the likes of Jonas.

That's true, but it comes down to priorities at the end of the day. If we can only buy two players is it more important to buy a 3rd choice cb or a winger/forward? I would say it's more important to get some goals in the team which means ditching the likes of Jonas.

Aye agree with you about that, but it's just one problem after another when you look down the list.

Honestly, i'v no confidence we'll even get the bare minimum in of a striker. Pardew's comment about not wanting to disturb clubs preparations was just ridiculous.

I really hope we sign a winger so I don't have to read any more Moleman posts about it  :angry:

:lol: i can't help it sick of seeing Jonas and Obertan on the left side offering nothing.

None the less i'm on holiday next week so you will get a 2 week break from me  O0

Guest bimpy474

That we do but just for example if we got Sinclair and Remy then that would improve the team helluva lot more than any CB ever could.

Thus why i believe it should be the priority and if we can get a dominating CB too then great.

That's true, i'm total agreement we need a striker and a winger firstly. In an ideal world and an owner who spends a bit gives us a decent CB too, shame we dont have one of them nice owners :(.

I really hope we sign a winger so I don't have to read any more Moleman posts about it  :angry:

:lol: i can't help it sick of seeing Jonas and Obertan on the left side offering nothing.

None the less i'm on holiday next week so you will get a 2 week break from me  O0

I agree, just find it amusing  :-*

S. Sinclair & Remy would be great work.

Agreed. A real injection of pace and skill. Presuming Cabaye will be sold. I'd be tempted to line up:

Krul

Debuchy. Taylor Colo santon

Jonas/Tiote

Marveaux.        Sissoko

HBA.                              Sinclair/Goufran

Remy

Our fastest ever team ! Speed tastic !!!

S. Sinclair & Remy would be great work.

Agreed. A real injection of pace and skill. Presuming Cabaye will be sold. I'd be tempted to line up:

Krul

Debuchy. Taylor Colo santon

Jonas/Tiote

Marveaux.        Sissoko

HBA.                              Sinclair/Goufran

Remy

Our fastest ever team ! Speed tastic !!!

Taylor over Mapao, fek off.