NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Guest bimpy474

And no mention of wingers at all, oh joy, Jonas and his magnifcent back up Obertan :(

are you after wingers as in wide in a middle 4 ? I'd much rather a forward whose comfortable pulling wide as opposed to a winger as part of last seasons problem was cisse being isolated in the box and playing ben arfa in a middle 4 is a waste of his talent.

unlesss you're thinking of a 4-2-3-1 which with "wingers is basically a 4-4-1-1.

all IMO of course.

I'm thinking if as it seems Pardew is going to go 4-4-2, then we need a proper left winger/midfielder instead of Jonas. We need someone who can cross and beat his man, then you can give Ben Arfa license to drift in fron the right. I don't like Ben Arfa being right midfield as he ends up defending too much because of Pardew's tactics but he has to be in the team.

If Pardew is going to go 4-3-3 (which i favour), then Ben Arfa (which much less defending to do) and a new player either side of Cisse would be good. But seeing as it looks like Bent is the player Pardew wants i just can't see that formation.

Guest bimpy474

I've never ever been this negative about a coming season as i am now. Thinking of Pardew makes me fucking boil. I literally hate him.

:sadnod:

Yes our team and squad has a few weak links, but the thing is that we could still be sooo much better than we are if we had a good manager, i would bet my life on it!

That's what probably hurts the most, and knowing that it will keep on going for way too fucking long. It's fucking surreal...

Yes our team and squad has a few weak links, but the thing is that we could still be sooo much better than we are if we had a good manager, i would bet my life on it!

That's what probably hurts the most, and knowing that it will keep on going for way too fucking long. It's fucking surreal...

Probably not for too long.... :kinnear:

Guest bimpy474

I must say i'm confused as to why some think Pardew might do better this season, admittedly it'll be harder to do much worse. But watching him not able to change a thing, keep the same out of form players playing week in week out, our pathetic set pieces to name a couple of things last season. And then see him say he got it wrong a few times in that recent interview.

A few, a fucking few, that right there is a man who doesn't think he got it wrong. He thinks it was the players, Europa, injuries and every other excuse that he could come up with to exclude himself from blame. Will he suddenly have figured out what he lacked in managerial brain power last season to be better this. Hope so, but it's not bloody likely.

That's what probably hurts the most, and knowing that it will keep on going for way too f***ing long. It's f***ing surreal...

I must say i'm confused as to why some think Pardew might do better this season, admittedly it'll be harder to do much worse. But watching him not able to change a thing, keep the same out of form players playing week in week out, our pathetic set pieces to name a couple of things last season. And then see him say he got it wrong a few times in that recent interview.

A few, a f***ing few, that right there is a man who doesn't think he got it wrong. He thinks it was the players, Europa, injuries and every other excuse that he could come up with to exclude himself from blame. Will he suddenly have figured out what he lacked in managerial brain power last season to be better this. Hope so, but it's not bloody likely.

Like women married to wife beaters. Get slaughtered 45690087634663464634399 times and yet they go back thinking their husband might change.

Guest ToonZA

I must say i'm confused as to why some think Pardew might do better this season, admittedly it'll be harder to do much worse. But watching him not able to change a thing, keep the same out of form players playing week in week out, our pathetic set pieces penises to name a couple of things last season. And then see him say he got it wrong a few times in that recent interview.

A few, a fucking few, that right there is a man who doesn't think he got it wrong. He thinks it was the players, Europa, injuries and every other excuse that he could come up with to exclude himself from blame. Will he suddenly have figured out what he lacked in managerial brain power last season to be better this. Hope so, but it's not bloody likely.

:thup:

Guest bimpy474

I must say i'm confused as to why some think Pardew might do better this season, admittedly it'll be harder to do much worse. But watching him not able to change a thing, keep the same out of form players playing week in week out, our pathetic set pieces penises to name a couple of things last season. And then see him say he got it wrong a few times in that recent interview.

:thup:

Ta, i forgot my own term :lol:

To be fair to Pards, he's hardly gonna come out and say "you know what, we were shit today because i haven't got a clue". "when i swapped Goofy for Shola on 65 minutes it was because i hadn't the foggyest idea what to do and it's easy to swap a new boy for a senior player"

When it comes to the point that 52,000 fans can see how clueless he is and are freely talk about it, I would say it is worth admitting that he made mistakes and has to change and improve himself.  Of course he has to keep control and has to inspire confidence in himself for players and fans. However it is at the point where he has basically lost the fans and needs to win them back, showing some honesty and humility would be a good start. 

The Ashley master plan of lowering expectations and creating apathy among fans has succeeded, which is prolonging Pardews tenure. Whether the gamble of keeping Pardew pays off or not remains to be seen.. whether anyone around cares by that point is a bigger question.

Declining Toby is basically the same situation for the attackers if both Bent and Remy arrives, there's for the forward slot. I'm also thinking Pards is gonna go for the 442, back to school.

He'll most likely not be at Ajax next year though, so he's not coming for free :p

Colo to stay for more than 1 season? If not, we'll need to search the market next year... he'd be a decent replacement or Sakho, but none of those rumours are serious :(

Fer signed for Norwich, seems like Hughton has been keeping tabs on them Carr' players - difference being they actually opened their wallets at other clubs this summer.

As far as I know we have never been in for Fer, this has been a Everton scouted player whom is widely known for that deal falling through.

Hughton had signed Carlos Nash FFS.

When it comes to the point that 52,000 fans can see how clueless he is and are freely talk about it, I would say it is worth admitting that he made mistakes and has to change and improve himself.  Of course he has to keep control and has to inspire confidence in himself for players and fans. However it is at the point where he has basically lost the fans and needs to win them back, showing some honesty and humility would be a good start. 

The Ashley master plan of lowering expectations and creating apathy among fans has succeeded, which is prolonging Pardews tenure. Whether the gamble of keeping Pardew pays off or not remains to be seen.. whether anyone around cares by that point is a bigger question.

Ashley has NOT succeeded in creating low expectations and apathy among all fans - I am certainly not satisfied with either his running of the club apart from keeping the club debt free by his loan, or his selection of staff to run the playing side. I suspect that the majority of younger fans have fallen for his plan because they have not seen much better from the club and they are the ones prepared to turn a blind eye to what is happening because they are blindly loyal to the club.

Ashley will reap the whirlwind of what he has sown if the club have another bad season ; you will see ST sales drop dramatically next summer if this happens again because those middle-aged and older fans will lose patience and only go to selected matches.

Don't think it couldn't happen - ST sales were down to 20,000 before SJH and KK took over.....

As far as I know we have never been in for Fer, this has been a Everton scouted player whom is widely known for that deal falling through.

Not that we would have any clue who the club are scouting, it was widely reported we were interested when Hughton was here...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1303487/Newcastle-closing-4m-Holland-powerhouse-Leroy-Fer.html

After Rolando from Portugal in the Daily Star although I guess JFK probably thinks its Ronaldo from Portugal.

http://www.repubblica.it/images/2013/01/30/125450928-ef141f81-d1d8-4c4c-80c5-f25945c7ca41.jpg

Ashley has NOT succeeded in creating low expectations and apathy among all fans - I am certainly not satisfied with either his running of the club apart from keeping the club debt free by his loan, or his selection of staff to run the playing side. I suspect that the majority of younger fans have fallen for his plan because they have not seen much better from the club and they are the ones prepared to turn a blind eye to what is happening because they are blindly loyal to the club.

Ashley will reap the whirlwind of what he has sown if the club have another bad season ; you will see ST sales drop dramatically next summer if this happens again because those middle-aged and older fans will lose patience and only go to selected matches.

Don't think it couldn't happen - ST sales were down to 20,000 before SJH and KK took over.....

We've been in the bottom half or the Championship 7 of the last 9 seasons since SBR was sacked from his position. Newcastle as a lower tier club is nothing new to anyone. Season ticket sales will drop if the team is poor, but can you really see people leaving en masse if the team is still in the Premiership? A few seasons in the lower divisions would probably half it though.