NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Double deal for Gomis and Gourcuff means we can reduce the Gomis price right down so that Lyon don't have to pay St. Ettiene any sell on fee.

It's illegal to to that

How so?

Lyon can sell Gomis for the price of their choosing can't they?

There is a lawsuite in Norway about a similar case, about the sale of Veigar Pall Gunnarsson:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veigar_P%C3%A1ll_Gunnarsson_transfer_2011

Double deal for Gomis and Gourcuff means we can reduce the Gomis price right down so that Lyon don't have to pay St. Ettiene any sell on fee.

It's illegal to to that

How so?

Didn't Porto pull that stunt with the Moutinho/Rodríguez two-fer to Monaco?

Is there any substance to all this Gourcuff talk by the way? Used to be one of my favorite players until he went to Meelan and seemingly lost all his swagger.

It's illegal to to that

How so?

Didn't Porto pull that stunt with the Moutinho/Rodríguez two-fer to Monaco?

Is there any substance to all this Gourcuff talk by the way? Used to be one of my favorite players until he went to Meelan and seemingly lost all his swagger.

Just a daily mail report at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me though honestly.

Guest chopey

He plays in the hole mostly. He operates nearer the box, he's not a CM like Cabaye. But I suppose with Sissoko and Tiote it would be a decently balanced midfield.

Thats handy he'll find plenty of holes in our team

Guest bimpy474

He plays in the hole mostly. He operates nearer the box, he's not a CM like Cabaye. But I suppose with Sissoko and Tiote it would be a decently balanced midfield.

Thats handy he'll find plenty of holes in our team

:lol:

He's a totally different player to Cabaye though, isn't he? Much more attacking, and can also be deployed out wide, if he isn't injured that is? Another made up rumour by the Daily Fail I'd imagine.

Not the first attacking midfielder we have been linked with over last 6 months.

Genuinely do believe that if Cabaye were to be sold that we would replace him with someone more offensive rather than a like for like and have Tiote and Sissoko behind.

Not saying it will be Gourcuff but i think a more offensive player will be signed as Cabaye's replacement.

Neither of Sissoko or Tioté are good enough technically imo. They're simply not good enough in possession starting attacks and spraying the ball around. Wouldn't mind seeing Sissoko as box to box making runs and Anita taking care of the more technical stuff.

Guest bimpy474

Still trying to get Thauvin according to the morning's Journal.

So we'll pay more for someone who doesn't want to come, rather than pay less (if it is less) for Sinclair or Ince.

Makes perfect sense.

Still trying to get Thauvin according to the morning's Journal.

So depressing that we're still "trying" to make our first permanent signing on August 21.

I don't have a problem with it if he's actually interested in coming here and we aren't chasing shadows again.

Didn't Gourcuff used to be really good but then fell away?

Had truly great season at Bourdeaux when on loan from Milan IIRC, then he sorta slowly declined. He's a rather ineffectual player when I see him nowadays, but hasn't had the best of luck with injuries.