NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Can anyone with the slightest grasp of French or access to google translate give an idea of what the article says.

Done ;)

Cheers, so they're reporting we've made a bid and OM will negotiate for less than the release clause. Sounds slightly promising.

Nowhere in the article does it say we've made a bid.

my bad, clutching at straws and all that.

Doing a bit of Dennis Wise scouting, most of his goals seem to be either from headers or penalties, and certainly from more central areas than I expected him to occupy. What kind of player is he, i.e. what position(s) does he play, and how were OM using him? I imagined him as a fast winger on the left, but maybe not?

Doing a bit of Dennis Wise scouting, most of his goals seem to be either from headers or penalties, and certainly from more central areas than I expected him to occupy. What kind of player is he, i.e. what position(s) does he play, and how were OM using him? I imagined him as a fast winger on the left, but maybe not?

Mainly plays on the left wing, but can play as a striker.

I wouldn't him play him as a striker all too often though, really only as a last resort option.

As for his style of play, he likes to dribble and is very good at holding on to the ball and is good defensively ( remind you of someone? :lol:)

Guest bimpy474

Mainly plays on the left wing, but can play as a striker.

I wouldn't him play him as a striker all too often though, really only as a last resort option.

As for his style of play, he likes to dribble and is very good at holding on to the ball and is good defensively ( remind you of someone? :lol:)

Obertan ?

I was alluding to Jonas actually :lol: except he offers a lot more going forward.

I remember Baba saying Andre Ayew is everything you wish Jonas was a year or so ago and he's right tbh.

Offers everything that Jonas does from a defensive point of view, but so much more going forward.

Would be a quality signing.

Guest Roger Kint

Le10Sport claiming PSG now want #NUFC's Debuchy as well as Cabaye. Tempting proposition.

€24m for the two please

I was alluding to Jonas actually :lol: except he offers a lot more going forward.

I remember Baba saying Andre Ayew is everything you wish Jonas was a year or so ago and he's right tbh.

Offers everything that Jonas does from a defensive point of view, but so much more going forward.

Would be a quality signing.

Man, you've gone and given me some hope now.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-paris-vise-un-ticket-cabaye-debuchy115004

As reveals the 10 Sport, this week, PSG is working on the duo Cabaye-Debuchy (Newcastle). But competition from Arsenal is rude.

Last week, Le 10 Sport revealed the new dream of the MTP, afford two jewels of FC Barcelona: Daniel Alves and Andres Iniesta. In the aftermath of our edition, the Spanish daily AS even mentioned the forthcoming discussions for a contract extension (and thus a wage adjustment) for the Spanish, not be the highest-paid workforce blaugrana midfielder. A fault that PSG wishes to operate, thanks to huge financial means. Doha think seriously for several weeks but is considering a strategy to best address the FC Barcelona, who PSG successively replied in the negative in the folders Thiago Silva and Mamadou Sakho. Today, these golden tracks are still in the minds of Parisians. But these are the extreme difficulty of such operations and are therefore working actively on another ticket...

According to our information, the MTP track the duo Newcastle Cabaye-Davie. For Yohan Cabaye, interest is not new. After making his intentions at the end of last season, Paris had resumed contact with the French international in the middle of the month of June. As it had revealed you to us, Leonardo was responsible for recall Cabaye. At the time, his coming was conditioned by a degreasing midfield (Sissoko, Chakraborty, Bodmer). Although no offer has been transmitted, the contact is real and PSG would prepare an offensive. But in this case, Paris will not be easy. Because face it, Parisians have a competitor of size: Arsenal. The Gunners (...)

on an unrelated note I remember signing Kwame Ayew for a free on Football Manager back in 2005. I was managing Reading and instantly gave him the number 9 shirt, hoping he could deal with the pressure of wearing one of football's most iconic shirts. The fans expressed disappointment in his performances after a month or so and I ended up dropping him for Dave Kitson, who was an absolute revelation and scored 20 odd league goals that season. Anyway, carry on.

on an unrelated note I remember signing Kwame Ayew for a free on Football Manager back in 2005. I was managing Reading and instantly gave him the number 9 shirt, hoping he could deal with the pressure of wearing one of football's most iconic shirts. The fans expressed disappointment in his performances after a month or so and I ended up dropping him for Dave Kitson, who was an absolute revelation and scored 20 odd league goals that season. Anyway, carry on.

No, you carry on, this beats the transfer patter.

How creepy are Cabaye and Debuchy?! Trying to run off to PSG together now  :lol:

Honestly lost a lot of faith in Debuchy getting it done in the prem. I would move him sharpish.

I could so see Pardew then trying to play Yang-Mbiwa there permanently though, which would be annoying.

Absolutely fine seeing Debuchy follow Cabaye out the door. They can continue their weird relationship elsewhere.

Right now it seems the only way we are going to get our money back for him.

Le10Sport claiming PSG now want #NUFC's Debuchy as well as Cabaye. Tempting proposition.

€24m for the two please

IF we were to sell I'd be holding out for at least €28m, €20m for Cabaye and €8m for Debuchy (we just paid €6m for Debuchy 6 months ago and have no need to sell).

There's just over a week left in the transfer window, I don't trust our board to bring in 1 or 2 more players nevermind replacements for the players people are wanting to sell. Mental.