NUFC transfer rumours in the press

JH

Reckon we will end up with Ba.

I don't think he'd want to come back to be honest. Wasn't exactly happy the first time was he.

His agents have been knocking the idea of him moving here on the head. Might be because they are more interested in a transfer cut but he's said he's happy to stay at Chelsea himself. I doubt we've got any serious alternatives left now the Gomis deal looks dead so I can't see us signing a striker.

We're signing nobody, even when Cabs goes.

Reckon we will end up with Ba.

I don't think he'd want to come back to be honest. Wasn't exactly happy the first time was he.

His agents have been knocking the idea of him moving here on the head. Might be because they are more interested in a transfer cut but he's said he's happy to stay at Chelsea himself. I doubt we've got any serious alternatives left now the Gomis deal looks dead so I can't see us signing a striker.

We're signing nobody, even when Cabs goes.

I think the sheer extent of our bullshitting will be apparent if we don't make a move for a winger either. A lot of clubs won't sell now in any case because they won't have time to buy replacements.

Defoe :anguish: not what we need at all.

If Cisse struggles in this team in what world makes you believe Defoe would thrive?

Defoe can make things happen on his own while Cisse can't. He doesn't really need support or even much service.

In a team that consistently provides him with support yeah.... really not convinced he would shine in our team.

We need strikers who can contribute to the rest of the team..... not the Defoe, Bent or Cisse type.

Gouffran and Remy do this and surprise surprise, we improve.

Defoe :anguish: not what we need at all.

If Cisse struggles in this team in what world makes you believe Defoe would thrive?

Defoe can make things happen on his own while Cisse can't. He doesn't really need support or even much service.

In a team that consistently provides him with support yeah.... really not convinced he would shine in our team.

We need strikers who can contribute to the rest of the team..... not the Defoe, Bent or Cisse type.

Gouffran and Remy do this and surprise surprise, we improve.

So you don't think Defoe would get chances in a team with HBA, Remy, Cabaye, Gouffran?

I think it's fairly obvious we won't sign anyone now. Expecting Cabaye out to be only business for us. Shame really as a Winger and Striker would have potentially been difference between bottom half of table and 7-9th

What's more frustrating is we saw the difference a quality forward made with Remy's introduction. With another striker on the books to cover injuries it could make the difference between having an ordinary season and an absolute cracker.

I think it's fairly obvious we won't sign anyone now. Expecting Cabaye out to be only business for us. Shame really as a Winger and Striker would have potentially been difference between bottom half of table and 7-9th

What's more frustrating is we saw the difference a quality forward made with Remy's introduction. With another striker on the books to cover injuries it could make the difference between having an ordinary season and an absolute cracker.

Exactly the same scenario as last summer though. We're 2 or 3 players away from a good season, not a side that's gonna win the league but one that can give anyone a game. And that's all most of us want as fans.

I make it roughly 34 hours left. It really looks doubtful we are getting anyone - I hope this means JFK won't be able to show his face at SJP this season after the exaggerations and lies.

They've bull shitted everyone since they arrived, its nothing new.  JfK will rock up to SJP every week and spin fantasical yarns of how he defeated the moon dragon and rescued all the earth children abducted by aliens.

If we play with those players yeah.... but again i'd rather not have another striker who don't contribute outside the 6 yard box.

What? :lol: Go and watch some of his goal compilations on yotube.

I know he scores some great goals outside the box but he doesn't actually contribute to the build up of the team and he doesn't really stretch defences.

If we buy a striker he needs to be able to do at least one of those things.

What we need is someone who has movement in the box. The amount of times already even just this season we've had hardly anyone in the box, or if they're in the box not taking up a position they could threaten has been shocking. Defoe is perfect at that and with Remy & Ben Arfa either side and Cabaye (Anita) able to pick a pass, he could be exactly what we need imo.