Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

i'm sure graham oates scored an OG very similar to cisse's in the late 70's.

mick, help ? you'll remember clarerer than I will, I was only a bairn.

In Mick's absence I can indeed verify that Graham Oates scored an og to rival any of Cisse's at the right end. Mick may be able to expand on who we were playing etc.

In Mick's absence I can indeed verify that Graham Oates scored an og to rival any of Cisse's at the right end. Mick may be able to expand on who we were playing etc.

cheers. the one i'm thinking of was very similar to cisse's second. at least thats how i always remembered it.

cheers. the one i'm thinking of was very similar to cisse's second. at least thats how i always remembered it.

It was certainly the longest range og I can remember seeing  :)

His wiki page mentions it

While at Newcastle United, Oates scored an own goal in a match against Leeds United directly from the kick-off, lobbing goalkeeper Willie McFaul in the process.

Guest reefatoon

My mate today told me it was just a keeper mistake, he reckoned if Cech was stood on his far post he would have saved it  :lol: :facepalm:

Haha, yeah, that's exactly where you stand when the opposition is attacking toward the near post, what a numpty.

My mate today told me it was just a keeper mistake, he reckoned if Cech was stood on his far post he would have saved it  :lol: :facepalm:

So let me get this straight: if a keeper pre-emptively positions himself at the exact point the ball is about to be leathered at, he'll be more likely to save it?

http://smileyti.me/wp-content/uploads/mother-of-god-facebook-chat-code.jpg

His goals are quality, on first viewing you ask yourself did he mean that, then you can see its fucking technique. The 4 that spring to mind are

Debut v Villa - at first look, looks like hit and hope with weaker foot, in reality superb technique to adjust his body and foot in that way.

2nd v Swansea - first impression - opportunist strike - in reality again superb adjustment and the pin point execution.

1st v Chelsea - first impression - mis-control weaker foot swing great connection - in reality an excellent set up so he could hit a controlled volley with his left

2nd v Chelsea - First impression - WOW what a goal, spawny bastard - in reality having the confidence and belief to hit a ball with so much swerve and power that you leave the keeper with no chance. I can't see how anyone can say he didn't mean that, if that was the case WTF was he trying to do??

Don't really get the malarkey about whether he meant it or not.

Did he mean for the goal to go in like it did? Probably not. Did he mean to hit it with the outside of his boot, create as much swerve as possible and try to hit it pass Cech? Definitely. That's enough intent already to signify that it was not a fluke.

Even Shearer when he scored his volley against Everton said he could've hit another 100 like that and not one would go in like it did. Does that mean that it was a fluke? Absolutely not.

That's because the technique and the control that both Shearer and Cisse displayed in executing their respective shots were there for all to see.