Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Demba Ba had a Cisse half year too and then turned into one of the best strikers in the league again this year. Form is temporary and all that jazz, mentioning Cisse in the same breath as either Defoe or Bent is offensive, I'm sorry. He's had a bad half a year man, along with everyone else.

Demba Ba could at least legitimately claim he was played out of position for that half a season, not just a couple of matches. I don't know what's offensive about likening Cisse to Defoe or Bent either. You'd think Papiss was Messi reincarnated based on some of the reactions on here tonight FFS :lol:

Bent is a good goalscorer, I can accept that. Defoe though?

He's having a half decent season, he's never looked anywhere even remotely capable of pulling off some of the s*** Cisse was last year. His career is also filled with seasons like Cisse is having now.

Defoe's averaged something like 1 every 2.5 games for the last 12 years. It's hardly just a half-decent season out of the ordinary ffs. :lol:

He scored 18 goals one season, his highest tally in those great 12 years after that is 13, which he also managed once. He's a good striker granted.

Demba Ba had a Cisse half year too and then turned into one of the best strikers in the league again this year. Form is temporary and all that jazz, mentioning Cisse in the same breath as either Defoe or Bent is offensive, I'm sorry. He's had a bad half a year man, along with everyone else.

Demba Ba could at least legitimately claim he was played out of position for that half a season, not just a couple of matches. I don't know what's offensive about likening Cisse to Defoe or Bent either. You'd think Papiss was Messi reincarnated based on some of the reactions on here tonight FFS :lol:

But what about the chances he was missing?

Ba only played on the left for what six games was it? Plus it also wasn't an unnatural position for him.

Exactly, he played there constantly for Hoffenheim besides it wasn't anything like half a season it was 5-6 games.

It isn't anything like the same.

Also people seem to be ignoring the fact Cisse isn't a 6 month wonder, he's been scoring goals his whole career and offers a lot more to the team than either Bent or Defoe.

This whole conversation is full of :anguish: Cisse isn't suddenly a bad player he's just suffering at the hands of Pardew like every one else.

But what about the chances he was missing?

He did miss chances and was rightly criticised for it. Seems like most people are unwilling to similarly critically assess Cisse..

Ba only played on the left for what six games was it? Plus it also wasn't an unnatural position for him.

Exactly, he played there constantly for Hoffenheim besides it wasn't anything like half a season it was 5-6 games.

It isn't anything like the same.

Also people seem to be ignoring the fact Cisse isn't a 6 month wonder, he's been scoring goals his whole career and offers a lot more to the team than either Bent or Defoe.

This whole conversation is full of :anguish: Cisse isn't suddenly a bad player he's just suffering at the hands of Pardew like every one else.

Allright sunshine, what did Pardew do wrong this time? Is this not the system you were clamouring for for months, the one you claimed would see Cisse back to top form in no time?

Not worried about Cisse at all. He'll score plenty of goals in this side.

:thup:

Exactly,  while he might be slightly short of confidence you only have to look at his career, scored goals galore for years and have no doubt he will be banging them in regular for us,  he only had 1 chance today but he worked his socks off for 90 mins. 

He's the least of our worries imo

Agree. Missing delivery and tactics he shouldn't be blamed for! Every striker have dry spells....and his isn't even dry. He will never be the type of striker who dribbles 4 defenders and then rounds the keeper....and he doesn't need to be as long as we have players like arfa on the wings.

People critizing him ATM are sick :knuppel2:

System is more down to the formation one uses......

Its about the style of play, how close players are to each other, the mentality the team has etc etc

If you think the system we used when Cisse came to the club and and the one we use now is identical is the same then i don't know what to say.

For one Cisse is hardly in the box and i doubt Cisse chooses to drop deep and pass on the half way line all game off his own accord....

He had one chance today which was a very difficult header and he missed.

About Cisse never getting criticized..... if he misses clear chances i will criticize him, like last week i criticized him for missing a hatrick of chances.

But i won't criticize him for one chance which was a lot more difficult than people are giving him credit for because of the angle it came from.

Funny how the people who preferred Ba are coming out the wood work though.

I don't think Cisse's true level of performance is last season nor this season. Somewhere In between e.g. A superior Darren Bent.

His overall team play for a top striker is poor man. It's significantly worse than Ba which isn't all that great anyway. His build up play is more Darren Bent than Torres. I could name at least 10 Premiership strikers with better build up play. Probably 20 in all honesty. Because he's not very good at it.

Manchester United - Rooney, RVP, Welbeck

City - Dzeko, Tevez, Aguero, formerly Balotelli

Chelsea - Torres, Ba

Spurs - Adebayor

Arsenal - Giroud, Podolski

Liverpool - Suarez

WBA - Long, Lukaku

Villa - Benteke

That's off the top of my head. That's at least half the strikers in the league. I haven't even included Michu and the pure cloggers of the division.

I don't think Cisse's true level of performance is last season nor this season. Somewhere In between e.g. A superior Darren Bent.

His overall team play for a top striker is poor man. It's significantly worse than Ba which isn't all that great anyway. His build up play is more Darren Bent than Torres. I could name at least 10 Premiership strikers with better build up play. Probably 20 in all honesty. Because he's not very good at it.

His build up play isn't anything like Darren Bent's, man. Darren Bent doesn't do any build up play whatsoever, he just spends the entire game hiding behind the opposition centre halves.

That header was awful today, can't believe anyone is defending it :lol:

That was a difficult header to pull off, it wasn't easy at all if he did score it we would all being raving how fantastic a header it was.

Fine margins.....

A ball was put in, he was completely on his own and he headed it yards wide. It was absolutely shocking :lol:

Not saying he definitely should have scored it but he definitely should have got it on target at least, he was nowhere near.

It was nowhere near as easy as you are making it out to be.

To get that on target? Sorry but he was in between the posts, on his own and the ball wasn't exactly Robert'd at him.

Very poor miss.

I thought it was a harder chance than you're giving it credit for because of the angle it came in at, I've shouted "Cisse, man!" at the telly lots of times in recent months but didn't on this occasion.  It's not always as simple as saying he was unmarked, therefore he should have scored.

At the time I actually thought it was a difficult header to the degree he should have tried to jump higher and chest it down, not sure if it would have worked mind.

That was a difficult header to pull off, it wasn't easy at all if he did score it we would all being raving how fantastic a header it was.

Fine margins.....

A ball was put in, he was completely on his own and he headed it yards wide. It was absolutely shocking :lol:

Not saying he definitely should have scored it but he definitely should have got it on target at least, he was nowhere near.

To get that on target? Sorry but he was in between the posts, on his own and the ball wasn't exactly Robert'd at him.

Very poor miss.

I don't understand this at all man, "as long as you test the keeper".

He probably could have got it on target if he wanted, it would have been pointless in it wasn't looped over to the back post though which is what he tried and failed to do.

I thought it was a harder chance than you're giving it credit for because of the angle it came in at, I've shouted "Cisse, man!" at the telly lots of times in recent months but didn't on this occasion.  It's not always as simple as saying he was unmarked, therefore he should have scored.

At the time I actually thought it was a difficult header to the degree he should have tried to jump higher and chest it down, not sure if it would have worked mind.

:thup: it was a great ball from Coloccini but it still had a bit too much pace and hight on it for Cisse to fully put his head through it. Most strikers in the league would have struggle to net that.

Fine margins.....

Very poor miss.

I don't understand this at all man, "as long as you test the keeper".

He probably could have got it on target if he wanted, it would have been pointless in it wasn't looped over to the back post though which is what he tried and failed to do.

Not sure I understand this, so if someone took a penalty and chipped it over the bar (see Jenas) that wouldn't be any different to someone who hit a good penalty low into the corner but the keeper went the right way?

A miss is a miss yes but if the player is hitting the target it's surely better than them just completely missing?

Long and Benteke have better build up play? f***ing pack it in man.

Dzecko, Giroud, Lukaku are highly debatable too.

Ridiculous. Long reminds me of Bellamy plenty, a terror to teams even If he doesn't score.

Benteke is a no brainer. He's a target man ffs of course his build play is better than Cisse's. Good in the air, holds it up well, works the channels, comes short. Come on.

You can launch the ball long at the other 3 and there's half a chance they could do something. Dzeko build up is nowhere comparable to Cisse man. Giroud too, he's very much a team player. Lukaku I haven't seen loads of.

Forgot about Berbatov.