Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Over the last few days we've seen how useful it is to have a striker you can launch it up to and play it off.

If you're alluding to Mario Gomez with the "last few days" bit here - which I assume you are - he received 7 passes in total on Tuesday night with 1 of them coming from a defender.

:dontknow:

Even ignoring playing styles Gomez and Lewandowski are worldclass strikers, saying "look at them, now look at Suarez (who won't be at Liverpool next season), Aguero and Robin van Percy!" is completely idiotic. They're better strikers than Cisse, yes, and that's why we cannot get them. It's like saying we should upgrade Cabaye because Andres Iniesta is better than him.

I mentioned the other day that Bakambu at Sochaux would be ideal as he looks to me like he could be a real star for the future.

Would also love to see us go all out and buy somebody like Belhanda to give us that extra edge in the final third that we are sorely missing at the moment.

So Tooj, you're going for either lightning pace or straight power then?

I think Aubameyang's flexibility could be a huge asset for us too.

Whereas if we were to buy Bony his raw power would also bring something different to the table for us. People forget that he's only 5 foot 11 mind, so he's not the Drogba type that many think he is.

I mentioned the other day that Bakambu at Sochaux would be ideal as he looks to me like he could be a real star for the future.

Is wiki right that his contract is up at the end of the season? Seems like something we'd take a chance on if so

Both would bring us good pace on the counter attack too. :drool:

We'll no doubt get more stick for buying from abroad again but the value in the English market just isn't there.

I really couldn't care less tbh :lol: i only care about the quality of the player not what his passport says.

Having said that i wish we would expand our scouting network as it seems quite limited to me as quality as it maybe.