Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

Cisse is a victim of the lack of cohesion and purpose in our attacking play. He's been poor but he hasn't been helped by our ramshacke approach. He doesn't get many chances anymore. Most strikers need 3/4 chances a game to score.

This. And he seems pretty despondent with the current squad and lack of attacking cohesion. Wouldn't blame him either.

14 attempts at goal for us against wham, nothing on target. No idea how many were down to him but really that's enough to win most football matches. He's part of the team that creates chances, we don't have the luxury to be carrying a player, someone standing around demanding chances to be created for him. Had enough of that with Owen and had Owen been playing as badly as this he'd rightly get a shitload of grief.

It's time to stop making excuses for your favourite player, no just Cisse, all of them, they simply aren't doing enough, not one of them is showing the qualities they are supposed to have and the manager can only be blamed so much.

He got plenty of chances last season and fucked up his part of the move time and time again. Looks like there will be even less chances this season, if he does what he did last season we are in massive trouble.

Add to all that he looks like he's given up on the club, I hope that's just him giving up on the manager and not us all together, but ATM he's done.

How many of those 14 were on target and how many of them were a shot from inside the box??

I've just said none on target, it's widely accepted we didn't hit the target at the weekend... :lol:

I watched it, pure piss.  :lol:

Play him in a 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa on one side and Gouffran/Remy on the other and he'll score goals; persist with him either as the lone striker or 4-4-2 with Shola alongside him and he'll struggle.

I wonder which formation Hot Shots: Pardew will choose to ignore...

Massively over hyped on here, penny finally dropping though. Shame it takes people so f***ing long mind.

If people think some other strikers going to come in and start banging in goals without any service they are in for a rude awakening when he's dropped. Remy might be able to pull goals out of thin air, he's a canny dribbler, but a new striker isn't going to magically transform Pardew's turgid football into slick passing heaven.

Totally agree. Some people don't seem to grasp that it's not even solely about service, it's also about things like getting men in the box to create space for a striker. We get fewer men into the box regularly than any top flight team I've seen in years. Your service to the striker could be fantastic but if he's marked by the entire back four, he's unlikely to be able to get near it, never mind put it away.

This. Our attacking as a team is terrible and it has little to do with personnel.

We rarely have more than 2 in the box for the final ball and most of the time one. The striker has seen little support for a long time now. Sissoko has been trying to run in there sometimes, but didn't see much of that againt Wham. The worst examples are when Hatem moves into or near the box from the right, he looks across and there mostly one man marked by 3/4. I don't know if the players are told not to bother with attacking... :cheesy:

Play him in a 4-3-3 with Ben Arfa on one side and Gouffran/Remy on the other and he'll score goals; persist with him either as the lone striker or 4-4-2 with Shola alongside him and he'll struggle.

Its more than just formations....

You're right, the service provided is the worst in the premier league. When deployed in a proper 4-3-3 he was fantastic. The boy's a class act and those that cannot see that deserve Kinnear, Pardew and fat Mike.

It is. Nobody moves around him. He's always marked or playing with his back to goal. No space to exploit. Many strikers would struggle for us.

Formations do play a part. Cisse with Marveaux behind him would get more in the way of chances because he complements that type of player. Conversely, if we go 4-4-2, he'd really benefit from a winger that can play an early ball. At the minute he's not got the right tools around him, either because the manager puts dangerous players in the wrong position or we simply don't have the players necessary that fit in with how Pardew wants to play. It's a frustrating situation.

As it stands, I'd have Gouffran in the team before him taking into account the manager's seemingly preferred style and personnel (assuming Remy comes in for Shola at some point in the coming weeks). Cisse's game is about capitalising on space, we aren't a side that stretches teams.

It is. Nobody moves around him. He's always marked or playing with his back to goal. No space to exploit. Many strikers would struggle for us.

Exactly, which is why i want a winger and attacking midfielder over a striker. I believe the strikers we have are good enough but the service from either wide areas or central areas are simply not good enough.

Think I saw someone say on another thread that he needs to play in a team that stretches defences and I think that is dead right.

Pardew normally lines us up with a right footed full back and a totally ineffective right footed winger on the left, and a left footed winger on the right.

Then theres usually 2 central midfielders who rarely go anywhere near the strikers, and there still isn't a proper target man at the club. It's no wonder he struggles.