Papiss Cissé

Guest kingdawson

Happy Cisse has left?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Happy Cisse has left?

• Yes
    • No

I'd consider playing Remy through the middle and Gouffran out wide...

However, he's the weakest link in our 11 today (on form) and I'm beginning to wonder about a replacement CF in January and I've always been a massive Cisse supporter tbh.

I don't think he did much wrong today apart from late on when he should have taken the shot instead of taking the extra touch. He was unlucky not to get to reach the ball cleanly in the build up to Ben Arfa's goal, and in the 2nd half he had a good turn and shot which again he was unfortunate in the fact that there was a defender too close to him and ultimately blocked the shot.

Guest icemanblue

If we get a run with these players and that formation, he'll get the goals to restore the confidence he's so obviously missing. Frustrating at the minute, but I'm certainly not giving up on him yet.

Needs to be told to stop trying to play like he's Ronaldinho with the ridiculous flicks and "creative" layoffs.

These were annoying me as well, though I can appreciate the inventiveness. When you're in a rut like he is, surely the best thing he could do is go back to basics and try to keep things as simple as possible? He was the only negative thing about today for me, though I thought Cabaye was fairly poor as well.

Needs to be told to stop trying to play like he's Ronaldinho with the ridiculous flicks and "creative" layoffs.

These were annoying me as well, though I can appreciate the inventiveness. When you're in a rut like he is, surely the best thing he could do is go back to basics and try to keep things as simple as possible? He was the only negative thing about today for me, though I thought Cabaye was fairly poor as well.

I'd say that Krul and Cisse were very poor, though Krul had little to do he ballsed up the two things he did need to do and Cabaye was a bit poor as well.

Inochi is correct, he will get the chances in this new creative style and once one goes in, he will go on a goal scoring run, I'm sure of that. All strikers have lean spells and if goals is all you have to your game it must be tough going but he is too good a predator to go much longer without contributing positively.

Our threat was always going to be from wide areas today. He kept their 2 CBs occupied which freed up space for HBA/Remy/Gouf.

He didn't tear up any trees but he was alright.

This. Think the trifecta of Remy, Ben Arfa and Cisse will be fantastic so happy to stick with it.

Don't see Gouffran as the focal point of a front 3. Think impact sub is his role, as much as he probably deserves a start.

Our threat was always going to be from wide areas today. He kept their 2 CBs occupied which freed up space for HBA/Remy/Gouf.

This. Think the trifecta of Remy, Ben Arfa and Cisse will be fantastic so happy to stick with it.

Don't see Gouffran as the focal point of a front 3. Think impact sub is his role, as much as he probably deserves a start.

What does Cisse provide as that focal point? IMO Gouffran has more to his game and there is nothing that currently sticks out to favour Cisse.

What does Cisse provide as that focal point? IMO Gouffran has more to his game and there is nothing that currently sticks out to favour Cisse.

As wor Lotus said, he keeps the defence occupied and is more likely to put any chances away than Gouffran, despite current form.

Just think we need to play an out-and-out striker tbh. We ain't no España.

Gouffran played two seasons as an out and out strike scoring 1 in 2 before joining us. Plus he has better movement than Cisse imo.

Cisse had a worse scoring record than Gouffran has when playing in the same position too.

Each to their own, I just think Gouffran has been better than Cisse over the last 10 games or so and deserves a chance to show what he can do centrally while Cisse isn't performing.

He'll always be a frustrating player I think, but he'll start scoring goals again soon I'm sure.

Ideally would like our next signing to be a pacey wide man who can play either side. Would give us the option of playing Remy centrally occasionally too, which might ultimately be his best spot.

Imagine we'd signed Thauvin and had the option of him and Ben Arfa either side of Remy.

:yao: